We stayed at the Governor's Inn for a long (hot) weekend in September. Dad and the kids primarily wanted to do Busch Gardens Howl O Scream, and my intention was to use the free passes to Colonial Williamsburg( we really never got the chance as we spent the entire time at BG). I booked the hotel after much research because of the price, availability of adjoining rooms and location. The rooms were fine - average standard hotel rooms with two double beds. I loved the ability to walk to Merchants Square (about 10 minute walk) for dinner or shopping. The kids liked the outdoor pool which was still open - small, but enough to cool off after a hot day at BG. Breakfast was crowded, but we could always find a seat - basic toasted items, grits, oatmeal, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, etc. Always refreshed by the attendant. After we left, the kids found that they had left some things in the bedside drawer - I called and they were returned promptly. Overall a good stay, great location and good value. Not luxury, but fine if you just looking for a place to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An official Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Governor's Inn is a low-rise motor inn located in the heart of Williamsburg, just 3 blocks from the restored area, Merchant's Square shopping district, the College of William & Mary, and a short ride from Revolutionary City. It offers comfortable, economy accommodations and features an outdoor family-style pool, complimentary continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, a business center, and discounted admission tickets to programs and events in the historic area. Guests at the Governor's Inn have access to unlimited use of our shuttle buses which run at regularly scheduled intervals from the Visitors Center (near the Woodlands Hotel & Suites) and operate throughout the historic area. Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Governor's Inn - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor`s Inn - Colonial Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Governors Hotel Williamsburg
- Governor Inn Williamsburg