“Great deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We just got back from this hotel. I paid a ridiculously low rate for the hotel. I just don't know what some others are talking about...maybe I was on an updated floor. We stayed on the 5th floor even-numbered room, non smoking. I am a light sleeper, and I was not bothered by the train at all. Also, this floor looked like brand new. Our room was very nice, very clean. Yes, the tv's are not flat-screen, but they worked fine. I found it to be a great deal. It's not fancy, but it is clean, in very nice condition, did not smell like smoke at all, and is a great family hotel that is close to restaurants and all tourist sites.

Room Tip: 5th floor was very nice and very quiet, at least in an even-numbered room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Edison, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel was located close to everything but in desperate need of a upgrade. Stayed one night during August 2012. Stains on carpet and bathroom in need of a complete overhaul. Pool was in terrible shape. Staff very friendly. When I arrived, there was a storm and it had left the hotel without power but the daytime staff was very friendly. Did not have breakfast, too crowded. Will not stay again. Will stay at the Residence Inn across the street.

Room Tip: choose the Residence Inn, it is worth the money!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel is located close to everything. Clean room and the bed was comfortable.The check in was very fast. There are brochures in the lobby with all the area attractions. They have a pool that the kids loved. There is a train that runs behind the back of the hotel but we did not hear it. Nice hotel and the price was really inexpensive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brockway PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My children had stayed at this motel last year and told me for the price it was great. I agree. I read some of the reviews and wasn't too sure but was very happy with the hotel. The staff was very accomodating and courteous. Although we didn't stay for breakfast (just got coffee) it looked very good. I never noticed the smoke smell that several people have complained about.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with even numbers. Odd numbers are on the side where AmTrak goes by. We never notice...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The reason I gave this hotel an excellent rating was because you get a good hotel room for a great price. First of all, I called the hotel for a rate and it was cheaper than the 800 number. I was concerned when I read other reviewers that I was going to a dump but I was pleasantly surprised. Their customer service is by far the greatest asset. When we checked in Markita was there and she was so friendly and helpful. We checked in late and she personally checked every floor for an extra roll away bed for us.
The room was dated -- the TV was NOT a flatscreen. But who really cares -- because it worked fine and it was a big screen size. I was happy that it was bolted onto the dresser so it wouldn't fall on my toddler. The room was clean and had no bad or smoky smells. We were on the 2nd floor. The carpet in the hallway and the rooms looked updated. The beds and linens were clean.
There is a train behind the hotel but unless you are an extremely light sleeper it won't bother you. We were closer to the back and usually anything wakes up our toddler but the train didn't. I don't remember hearing it except when we were awake.

The pool was great and they had towels at the pool. The breakfast was fine -- I thought it was big for a continental breakfast -- they had boiled eggs, bagels, donuts, toast, cereal, and all the drinks and condiments (jelly, cream cheese, etc). I actually couldn't find another hotel with an indoor pool and continental breakfast for under $80 in that area -- and our room was $60 - tax included. If you are willing to pay more money - you can definitely get a nicer decorated room at another hotel -- but for the price -- I thought this hotel was fantastic.

When we checked out the ladies at the front desk were very nice too. They were so helpful and I feel like they went out of their way to help people. They let someone behind the desk to use the computer to get mapquest directions and offered to let me use their computer to buy tickets to Busch Gardens. I will definitely stay there again when we go back -- we will actually go back to Williamsburg again soon since we know there's good hotel at a great price there.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and it was great -- if you're a light sleeper ask them for a room far a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have stayed in Comfort Inn's from Indiana to Florida and this was one of the nice ones that we have stayed in. The grandkids also rented another room right next to us and a door in between which was nice. The only bad thing that I can say is that this Comfort Inn needs more machines in the laundry room, there were only two machines and two dryers. There was no seating in the room also so it could use some chairs. The breakfast was very nice but you have to get there early because it fills up quickly, we did the 6:30a.m. breakfast which was nice. There are other restaurants so close so not a big issue. There is a nice gas station next door if you missing anything on your trip you can walk right next door. The people were great and the kept the room very nice the whole week we were there. Great price, centrally located to every thing. I'd do there place again and again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pell City, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My Company booked this hotel for me for a solid week Check in Sunday check out Saturday. Upon check in the guy assigned me a room got my card key, as I entered the room 124, the smell of ashtray slapped me in the face and about made me sick (my company ALWAYS books Non-Smoking) so with this in mind I went back to the lobby and requested another room, He complied reluctantly, but re-issued me new keys Rm 303 this time and I gather my bags a second time and proceed to my new room, there is no mini fridge or microwave in the room.....not a problem if i was there just a night or two but I was booked for a solid week, so I go back down to the front desk and inquire why my room wasn't as equipped as the smoke fogged room they originally tried to put me in, the guy who was there for check in was gone and a girl was there now and her response was, well astonishing. Her response was "It costs $10.00 extra a night for a fridge and $5.00 extra a night for the Microwave" I travel often enough to know this is not a common practice. Overall this place sucked and if I ran Travelocity I would make sure i cut all ties with this place immediately!

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor.....or the whole building.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Central? Share your experiences!