“Great hotel for the price!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 80 hotels in Williamsburg
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Great hotel for the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The reason I gave this hotel an excellent rating was because you get a good hotel room for a great price. First of all, I called the hotel for a rate and it was cheaper than the 800 number. I was concerned when I read other reviewers that I was going to a dump but I was pleasantly surprised. Their customer service is by far the greatest asset. When we checked in Markita was there and she was so friendly and helpful. We checked in late and she personally checked every floor for an extra roll away bed for us.
The room was dated -- the TV was NOT a flatscreen. But who really cares -- because it worked fine and it was a big screen size. I was happy that it was bolted onto the dresser so it wouldn't fall on my toddler. The room was clean and had no bad or smoky smells. We were on the 2nd floor. The carpet in the hallway and the rooms looked updated. The beds and linens were clean.
There is a train behind the hotel but unless you are an extremely light sleeper it won't bother you. We were closer to the back and usually anything wakes up our toddler but the train didn't. I don't remember hearing it except when we were awake.

The pool was great and they had towels at the pool. The breakfast was fine -- I thought it was big for a continental breakfast -- they had boiled eggs, bagels, donuts, toast, cereal, and all the drinks and condiments (jelly, cream cheese, etc). I actually couldn't find another hotel with an indoor pool and continental breakfast for under $80 in that area -- and our room was $60 - tax included. If you are willing to pay more money - you can definitely get a nicer decorated room at another hotel -- but for the price -- I thought this hotel was fantastic.

When we checked out the ladies at the front desk were very nice too. They were so helpful and I feel like they went out of their way to help people. They let someone behind the desk to use the computer to get mapquest directions and offered to let me use their computer to buy tickets to Busch Gardens. I will definitely stay there again when we go back -- we will actually go back to Williamsburg again soon since we know there's good hotel at a great price there.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and it was great -- if you're a light sleeper ask them for a room far a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have stayed in Comfort Inn's from Indiana to Florida and this was one of the nice ones that we have stayed in. The grandkids also rented another room right next to us and a door in between which was nice. The only bad thing that I can say is that this Comfort Inn needs more machines in the laundry room, there were only two machines and two dryers. There was no seating in the room also so it could use some chairs. The breakfast was very nice but you have to get there early because it fills up quickly, we did the 6:30a.m. breakfast which was nice. There are other restaurants so close so not a big issue. There is a nice gas station next door if you missing anything on your trip you can walk right next door. The people were great and the kept the room very nice the whole week we were there. Great price, centrally located to every thing. I'd do there place again and again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pell City, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My Company booked this hotel for me for a solid week Check in Sunday check out Saturday. Upon check in the guy assigned me a room got my card key, as I entered the room 124, the smell of ashtray slapped me in the face and about made me sick (my company ALWAYS books Non-Smoking) so with this in mind I went back to the lobby and requested another room, He complied reluctantly, but re-issued me new keys Rm 303 this time and I gather my bags a second time and proceed to my new room, there is no mini fridge or microwave in the room.....not a problem if i was there just a night or two but I was booked for a solid week, so I go back down to the front desk and inquire why my room wasn't as equipped as the smoke fogged room they originally tried to put me in, the guy who was there for check in was gone and a girl was there now and her response was, well astonishing. Her response was "It costs $10.00 extra a night for a fridge and $5.00 extra a night for the Microwave" I travel often enough to know this is not a common practice. Overall this place sucked and if I ran Travelocity I would make sure i cut all ties with this place immediately!

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor.....or the whole building.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Massapequa, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very run down and old. Stained walls,Floors and other places you dont want a stain to be. Even had a 19 inch tube TV from 1980. The breakfast was O.K not great. The pool was dirty. The train goes thru your rooom, At least it sounded that way.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

so here's the deal, for me and the room i was in, it was good enough. all i needed was a place to sleep and shower everynight for the weekend. and thats exactly what i got. price wise its alot cheaper then the others nearby. yea its not the newest best looking place but it had a clean room and a decent bed. no comment on the breakfast as i never tried it. as mentioned or not mentioned in alot of comments, yes there is a rail line that runs behind the hotel. personally im a heavy sleeper and it helped my room was right in the front of the hotel so that part never bothered me at all.

Room Tip: try to get a room near the front if your a really light sleeper. yes there is a freight rail line th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Tampa, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a sub-standard hotel. The bed was worn like an elephant had slept in it. The carpets in the hallways were dirty NASTY. The carpet in the room was slightly better – just don't walk around in white socks. Old tube boxy small TV (think like 1990’s style). The breakfast was mediocre – I would suggest eating next door for breakfast. If you out all day and you just need a place to lay your head – then this might do for the money but if you have a family, or plan on spending more than 30 minutes awake in the room, then I would suggest you move on down the road. Also this hotel is literally 100 feet from a train that passes at least twice a night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

stayed at this hotel for1 night, price not too bad, front desk very friendly and helpful, Elaine was a gem, the room was very nice, comfy king size bed w/ jacuzzi. refridge in room no microwave but in the process of getting new ones and new tv.s, the breakfast was good, precooked round eggs,and boiled eggs, saugage links, waffles,bagels,muffins cereal,donuts,milk,coffee juice and yogurt, overall it was good but could be organized better.the hotel is in the process of remodeling. the train everyone is talking about, yes i barely heard it, not a problem. hotel is close to everything, and i would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Central? Share your experiences!