“Pleased With our Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Central

You added Comfort Inn Central to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2007 Richmond Rd., Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Central Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #47 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Brandy Station, Virginia
“Pleased With our Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Although we checked in the day that power was restored following hurricane Irene, the building was clean, neat, and cool. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only annoying part of our stay was the pest in the lobby who was hawking time shares.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Moorhead, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

The front or common area is clean. Front desk people are great! The room...well craziness. The 1st night was okay except for the paper thin walls, you can hear people all night long, and right away in the mornings. Breakfast is in a small room which has a line around the front desk and down the hall. Easier to go to a restaurant and eat, I think that is what they are counting on. Never did eat there all weekend. Back to the room, they never cleaned it after 1 night of use, bed was not made, garbage wasnt taken out, they took my towels but never replaced them, good thing I had one in there. They also took all the shampoo and toiletries, didnt replace them either. The worst thing was when I was packing the night before leaving, I set my sealed food on the chair, and about 100 bugs, different kinds came running out of the chair. I will NEVER stay there again! Please DO NOT go there, they just dont care. I have stayed in many Comfort Inns and NONE of them were like this one. Stay away, far away. Pay extra money for something better!

Room Tip: Listen to the reviews from the people that have stayed there.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Easton, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

After a few days of vacation, we were looking for a hotel to relax in for the afternoon before getting on the road the next day. In all fairness, I'll say that this hotel is being remodeled and hopefully this review will be moot after a while. Unfortunately it appears they started with the lobby, or at least haven't gotten to the 3rd floor.
The wallpaper was peeling, sprinkler rusted, no decorations on the wall, only one chair, room was dark even with lights on and curtain open, room was damp down to the sheets, smelled damp, dingy, furniture was dinged up, TV was so fuzzy we couldn't read words on it. The whole effect was depressing & made us uncomfortable just sitting there. The bathroom was clean though.
We left after 1/2 hour. The staff did not give us trouble about getting a refund. It would have been fine if it had been 15 yrs earlier and we were looking for a place to party, but we had two kids with us couldn't even relax.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

My wife & I stayed there for just one night & didn't find it very good. The night desk clerk was rude, our room didn't have a hair dryer (but a place on the wall for one). I would rate as average to borderline below average.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
whitehall, ohi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We had a great stay. The hotel was very clean,staff very friendly and helpful. Need discount coupons to Bush Gardens? Just ask and they will give you 25% off coupons! The breakfast bar was excellent and well maintained! Good location and an excellent value!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

No frills for sure, but for the money, it was totally fine. We stayed for one night, but that's all I'd recommend. It was clean, the staff was great, but the beds arent that comfy and the building is really dated. Great location!

• Stayed July 2011
Louisville, ky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many many times and I enjoy it there, but the last time I was there in the fall of 2010 it really needed to be updated remodeled.
i was told they were getting ready to do that but I can see from some of the reviews that has not happened yet. I will be staying there again this fall but I am looking into going to the new comfort inn suites that is not far from there but it will cost about double what I would pay here but as they say.....you get what you pay for.
I would say I have never seen this hotel dirty or bugs or mold. but its just showing its age.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo