“Five-star service sometimes comes in small packages” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   470 McLaws Circle, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #18 of 80 hotels in Williamsburg
Seattle, Washington
“Five-star service sometimes comes in small packages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My stay at the Courtyard in Williamsburg was very short (from check in to check out was less than 12 hours, for me) but sometimes it is the little things that make the difference during a stay.

Yes, this hotel is being renovated and that may cause some minor annoyances for the discriminating traveler. I happened to be in one of the renovated rooms, and it was a typical modern Courtyard room. The bed was comfortable, and there were no frills, but it's not like I needed any. The check in clerk was very friendly and directed me to all the information I'd need in the morning.

The difference maker on my stay came during check out, however. The staff was friendly with the checkout process, and I was able to get a quick breakfast and my needs were attended to by the very friendly breakfast clerk, but when I pulled out my laptop to do some work, I noticed the battery on my external mouse was dead. I stood up and went to browse the small market area the hotel had (and I understood it was itself limited as a result of the renovation). I asked the front desk staff if they had any AA batteries, and they said they didn't in the marketplace, but would find some for me. Do you know what they did? They found a flashlight in a drawer and gave me one of the batteries from the flashlight.

If that's not above and beyond to satisfy a customer, I don't know what is. I don't know if I'll ever find a reason to stay in Williamsburg again, but if I do, I will stay at this property, and I can recommend it to you too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stay here whilst they were renovating the lobby, so there was a small inconvenience in going across the exterior courtyard to get the room but didn't mind one bit. Our room was spotless, modern, not overly done, but didn't want for more.

Also we asked for a porta-crib for our daughter, this was already setup and ready to go when we arrived, another great touch. Everyone we dealt with from the service side was always chatty and smiley.

For the price I think this place is an absolute bargain and a gem, will be back for sure!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was a repeat visit and probably the last. Decor worn, towels low end, beds not well made, had to crawl under desk to find a plug for the computer, etc. The place is experiencing some renovation, which the clecrk never mentioned. Never learned to nap to the sound of jack hammers and drills.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Swansboro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The front desk staff were helpful and friendly.Housekeeping staff need some help. Our soap, shampoo, coffee were never replenished. We did get fresh towels every day, but trash wasn't emptied, no new bags for ice bucket, not vacuumed. No coffee in the lobby for 2 out of the 3 mornings.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxon Hill, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Nice location close to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. The A/C unit in our room did not work right so we had to change rooms. Be sure to watch your car closely when staying here. Most of the parking is in the back of the hotel, no security cameras or guards and poor lighting. Our van and another customers van were broken in to, Marriott did nothing to compensate us. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Goodyear, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Impressive when you walk into the beautiful lobby. Both drains in our room were barely draining, so we reported it. They fixed only the sink drain. Tub still stayed full of water during shower. Self-service laundry was filthy...housekeeping must never go into it! Both washers had problems. Bed was comfortable, but hotel was noisy, doors slam shut hard on their own. Rooms not as sound-proof as other hotels. No safe in the room. Food was good. Nice bar.

• Stayed September 2012
Vineland, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was the second time our group of 29 stayed at this hotel. The staff is very warm and friendly, especially in the restaurant ! The rooms are clean and comfortable, although the hallways an elevators could use a little freshening. The best feature is the large pool and HUGE hot tub which are open till 11 pm. Great to relax in after a long day in the parks. The hotel is conveniently located; a short drive from Williamsburg attractions. The only black mark was a billing problem which resulted in our group members receiving room bills even though we had paid cash up front for all the rooms. The front desk staff was able to straighten things out, but it took some time. Overall, it was a good stay, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Williamsburg Busch Gardens Area? Share your experiences!