“Not Good For Me” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Patriots Place

You added Wyndham Patriots Place to your Saves list
Wyndham Patriots Place
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   220 House of Burgesses Way, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Fairfield Williamsburg at Patriots' Place)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Not Good For Me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Just was not a great experience for me and my family. As several people said, the walls (and floors) were paper thin. Every time the people upstairs moved, it seemed the floor creaked and made noise. I didn't sleep well at all the first two nights until I went to Walgreens and bought some earplugs. Our room also reeked of smoke. Management acted totally surprised when we brought it to their attention but sent someone with some gel pack air fresheners that we stuck on the air filter (one looked like it had not been changed in years). And top top it all off, there ended up being fleas in our room. Maybe the people that stayed the week before us had pets that the hotel did not know about but they bit me all over my legs and led to an overall terrible experience. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

We found this hotel a great place to stay, everything was very clean, I had read some of the bad reviews and was a little nervous. I was so relieved when I got there & saw how clean and nice it was. The staff were friendly. I would come again!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Westchester County, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

We thought this Wyndham was very quaint, looks like it used to be a residential community turned timeshare. You stay in houses that were converted into 4 mini condo's, our room was clean, didn't encounter any bugs. The walls are very thin, heard our neighbors clinging pots and pans during the evening... not a very big deal since it was quiet during the time we were sleeping. The employee's at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful, going out of their way to make you feel at home. The pool was nice, although you are surrounded by tree's so there are lots of bugs... but nothing too crazy, you learn to just deal with it. I believe they may still be renovating since the TV in our bedroom was an older style TV while the TV in the living room was a flat screen, not a big deal... but we found that a bit odd. The only problem we came across was when it came time to the typical time share up sell/upgrade. Two guys came to our room, knocked on the door about 15 minutes after we checked in. One of the guys started off by being pushy, asking why I haven't upgrading since I bought the timeshare and said I was suppose to based on the package I bought. His tone and words just turned me off and I told him I wasn't interested in a presentation during my stay with them. He wouldn't take that for an answer, he said it would only be 15 minutes (LOL) and they would give us breakfast and gifts. I told him we were only their for 2 days and didn't want to use up any time with a presentation when we have no interest in upgrading at the moment. After a little more back n forth he finally told me he would put a "Decline" on my account and that was that. He turned around and left looking annoyed and never giving me the Welcome Kit I was told I was going to receive (not sure if that was out of spite or not). So, everything except for THAT experience was very nice and I would recommend this Wyndham to any timeshare owner looking to visit Williamsburg for a few days.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Travelled here with my mom and sisters for a little weekend girls getaway. It was their first time at a Wyndham property and my first time at this particular property. Check in was speedy. No pressure to come to one of the sales pitches. The concierge just listed the times on a piece of paper. We got a reminder call on Saturday morning, and when we said no we weren't interested, she said okay and wished us a happy visit/stay. We had a 2 BR Lockout Unit. Perfect for our group of 5. Both units were very clean and well stocked (dishes/utensils) with everything we could need. The extra pillows I requested when we checked in arrived within minutes of us getting to our units. Only one puzzling thing was the 1776 Hotel that is also on the grounds. Couldn't tell what relationship, if any, it had with Wyndham. It seemed vacant and it looked out of place with the rest of the grounds. Just curious.

Speaking of the grounds. They were great! With sitting areas around the two "ponds" (lit at night) one could go for a nice stroll. All in all, absolutely no complaints about Patriots Place. Just a tip, it is a bit hard to see the Wyndham sign, especially at night, but my confirmation letter warned of this so we were on the look out for it and had no problems locating the hotel.

Williamsburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

The walls are paper thin here and my 3 year old son was kept up for 3 hours past his bedtime every night so far that we have been here because of the neighbor's tv. I have stayed in time shares since I was young- for almost 30 years. This is the FIRST time I have ever experienced anything this bad. I called to complain but the front desk couldn't do anything because it wasn't quiet hours yet (which start at 11:00, which is a little absurd to begin with). The kitchen is small, which is fine, but we do most of our cooking in our room on trips like this. There are only 4 plates, 4 cups, etc.- which is hard for a family of 3 that eats 3 meals in the room most days. I have washed lots of dishes.

There are several Wyndham properties in Wiliamsburg and we have had good experiences at the other ones, but will never stay here again. It is not a good place for a family with small children to stay.

marylnand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We thought at first this place was great but the first night we found that EVERYTHING made noise. The bed, the floor, the couch. So the first night my 12 months old daughter didnt sleep from all the creaking. The second night was better but the next morning my husband was stomping on a cock roach the size of a mouse! we packed then left and was refused a refund. I wound not recommendthis place to anyone who values their health and cleanliness.

Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

My family and I have traveled quite a bit and we came to stay at this hotel with my sister in law and her family who are timeshare owners. I was reluctant to stay after reading some of the reviews. However, I know from past experience that you have to read between the lines in the negative reviews and realize that some people are never happy. With that in mind, don't hesistate to stay here. It seems as if a lot of the renovations have been completed, the pool is now open. It is a nice size and clean with umbrellas and nice loungers with cushions. The water was a nice temperature too, not freezing cold. They also provide clean towels. Check-in on Sunday at 3pm took no time at all. Good and informative customer service. No push for additional tours and packages. We had a 1 bedroom apartment with the sofa sleeper for our son. Nice comfortable queen size bed in the bedroom. The apartment is a nice size with a fireplace that you could use in colder weather. There was only one other apartment occupied in our building so we didn't experience any noise problems. There are 2 TVs, one in the living room and the other in the bedroom. Our toliet broke one day and someone was there in 10 mins and fixed it, now that is service. They had nice bathroom tolietries from Bath and Body works and a good supply of everything else you woud need to wash dishes and a starter supply of soap powder to do laundry, toliet paper, paper towels, garbage bags. There is a nice cusinart coffee maker, toaster and blender. Nice supply of dishes. The washer/dryer is in the bathroom next to the shower. There was even a foot stool if you needed to reach something.
The grounds are well kept and everything is kept clean and picked up. There are not many amenities at the resort itself. For a gym and bigger pool, you have to go the the sister resorts down the street (5 min drive) by the K-mart. It has the larger pool and a very nice arcade that can be used for $5. Both resorts show movies and provide a listing for the times and days. Both properties are nice to walk around. I sure got my work out doing some of that. There are nice wooden swings here and there to sit in. Also, we used the picnic tables and grills to cook out. There were plenty of towels in the unit. It was nice to have a shower and a bath tub in separate rooms so more than one perosn could bathe at a time. My son thought the sleep sofa was great and everything was in the closet in a bag to make it up. He brought his oown pillow from home although there were enough pillows on our bed to share. The best grocery stores around are Ukropps and Farmers Fresh, both had nice quality food/fresh seafood selection. We also shopped at Walmart which is a 15 min drive and close to the pottery factory. If you are a fan of Ross and Dollar Tree there is one on the way to Walmart which is out the development to the right on Bypass Road continue until you get to Airport road and make a right there and then a right at the 1st light (can't remember the name of the street) just after you pass the railroad tract. There are many restaurants and shops within a short drive along Bypass Road: Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral and Uno just a few blocks to the right continuing in the same direction you will also find an IHOP, Chipolte, KFC, Red Lobster, Movietavern, Christmas Mouse, Ripley's Believe it or not, Try Food for Thought http://www.foodforthoughtrestaurant.com/ which is one of the great new restaurants. Bypass Road then turns into Richmond Road. Prime Outlets http://www.visitwilliamsburg.com/shopping-in-williamsburg/prime-outlets/index.aspx in just pass the Airport Road turn. Pick up a discount book at customer service using a military or AAA id. We had a good time shopping at the Pottery Factory. We took my son to gokarts plus http://www.gokartsplus.com/ You can get a coupon only at Wyndham for a wristband for 25. for unlimited rides and 2 for 7.50 mini golf. We also took a drive down to VA beach which took about an hour. We stopped at Lynhaven Mall and at a the PF Changs down there. We also ate at the Zero's sub shop which has been around forever. We did Busch Gardens and Water Country neither were packed for this time of year. They are within a 15 min drive. We bought tickets on line for a great deal for both. Parking was 13. per car and you could use the parking on the same day at both parks. Eat before you go as the food at the parks are expensive and not worth the money. I had a good corn dog and the rest was terrible. The souvenir mug as was a good buy and refills were only .99 cents. You could use the mug at both parks. Also check out Colonial Parkway, we discovered it by accident, but it is a beautiful scenic drive check out this website http://www.tripcart.com/usa-regions/Eastern-North-Carolina-Virginia-Maryland,Most-Scenic-Drives. The Wyndham is in a nice location to get to other activities and things that are surrounding it. We had great time. Clean and quiet, what more could you ask for?? Enjoy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Patriots Place? Share your experiences!