“Quick getaway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Patriots Place

You added Wyndham Patriots Place to your Saves list
Wyndham Patriots Place
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   220 House of Burgesses Way, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Fairfield Williamsburg at Patriots' Place)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #42 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Perkasie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Quick getaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed only for a weekend and found the place to be nothing special. Rooms were of average quality and furniture was outdated, everything squeaked when you sat or moved on it.
We called about our feezer being so frozen with ice that refrigerator door would not close and also the door to the stove was barely able to be opened. I was afraid I was going to break it pulling on it. They sent someone to fix these problems immediately so it was not an issue. However the walls and doors are paper thin, you can hear everything from rooms next to yours.
If you are a light sleeper this is definetly not the place for you. I can say I would recommend this place to a friend, but just be aware it does have its problems.They say they are updating all of the rooms and ours were on the list to still be done.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here for a week after finding a pretty good deal. It is definitely cheaper than staying in a hotel for a week because we cooked breakfast everyday and bought lots of fresh fruits to take with us for snacks. We lived in a studio. The kitchenette was small but had all the basic cooking utensils that we needed. The laundry room is free as well.

However, there is no luxury associated with this hotel: dated furnishing, flooring, you name it. The amenities are nonexistent. We had to drive to another Wyndham resort for the club room. That club room is old and dusty and smelly. We only went there once.

We ended up spending most of the time in colonial Williamsburg and shopping at the outlet mall.

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for a week in July. The rooms were very big, kitchen had everything you'd need. It was great to have the laundry area - no laundry to do at home! The location was close to gas, food & the historic areas. It was clean & quiet. We enjoyed the pool. The only negative was the misleading invite to breakfast for the sales pitch.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Franklin Park, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was a great hotel at first glance. I traveled with my family of 8 and stayed for an entire week. The location is perfect for all the Williamsburg and Busch Garden's attractions. We were never in the car for more than 15 minutes! We stayed in 3 1 bedroom deluxe suites and each were stocked with full kitchens and a stackable washer/dryer in the bathroom. The room size was FABULOUS for our needs. After a few days the actual condition of the hotel started to become more clear. One room had a bug sightings twice throughout the week, another room had to have it's front door lock completely replaced during our stay (while the maintenance guy was wonderful he was there until nearly 10:00pm and started the project at 6:30pm). That same room didn't have hot water on and off during the week. And finally, the last room didn't have a functioning telephone in the room for the first day and a half of our stay. Another big complaint was that while the wi-fi was free it was terrible. AT&T maintenance was out to repair the router in my room and even after he left we still didn't have a signal for more than an hour at a time before getting bounced off the system.
I hate to make this review sound terrible since we did have a great time. The rooms were sizable and very convenient. The property has a nice pool that our family enjoyed on one day of our stay but we did travel to the Wyndham Kings Gate to use their amenities. The Wyndham chain has 3 hotels in the Williamsburg area all within a mile of each other. The Kings Gate property had the most family friendly activities, including a movie theater, mini golf, 2 arcades, a gym, a playground, an indoor and outdoor pool & movie rentals. Using the properties was as simple as saying we are staying at Patriots Place... however supposedly at the first of the year (according to one of the security guards) patrons will not be able to use the facilities at other properties. Although, I don't know that to be a fact.
I do need to add that the staff was sincerely wonderful and always ON TOP of everything that was ever an issue. The rooms were very well stocked and the quality of the items were very good (new towels, TP, tissues, shampoos, coffee, S&P, etc). The bad incidents were in no way a deterrence to a nice stay. I would absolutely consider staying here again but if you are traveling with a large family you might want to consider the Kings Gate which had more things to do for the kids.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids you may want to consider the Kings Gate
Middletown, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The one-bedroom deluxe is more spacious then expected. Plenty of room for a family of 4 (our two boys shared the pullout couch). Not much for children other than a pool but you can travel a short distance to their other facilities for more kid-friendly activities as other reviewers have stated.

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for a 1st floor unit. So not to disturb those below you. The walls and floors...
Jacksonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed staying here. It was centrally located to everything we needed to do and see. It was easy to get around in the area. Property was clean and area was quiet. The unit was a great size and very clean. I loved taking a nice bubble bath in the garden size tub

• Stayed August 2013
south carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just returned from PP yesterday and I was compelled to write a review because what I experiences was very inconsistent to the ratings and reviews at this site. I was already apprehensive about PP based on the insanely amazing rate I received and the ratings here. I was so nervous that I sent the other members of my party in first because I was just dreading the disappointment. Well, my worries were for nothing.

The grounds are beautiful. There are plenty of grills and benches throughout the area. It was really nice to see folks out walking and especially refreshing to see a teen girl lounging in a swing by the pond reading an old-fashioned book.....it just felt like a community, and I really appreciated that.

Yes, there is only one pool. It is nice and the pool area itself is nice. The kids had a great time there the first night. To be honest, after we went to Kingsgate they preferred swimming there because they could run from one the indoor to the outdoor pool. Kingsgate is really literally about a minute or less drive away, so its really not a big deal.

The unit we occupied was very nice. It was clean and I never saw any bugs. It was spacious and the bathroom was fairly large. I didn't know what to expect after reading some reviews about the size of the kitchenette. It is small but completely functional. There was even a dishwasher. It was fully stocked... even had an ice cream scoop. There is a small amount of counter space, but the dining table is right there and can be used for prepping.

The staff was very nice. I wasn't asked about a timeshare because I simply checked single and earned less than $39,000.....he gave me my parking permit without so much as a mention of a timeshare. I hated to lie but I'm not interested so why waste each other's time by going through the whole process.

This is a great place to stay and I highly recommend it. I think a lot of the disappointed folks are used to more elaborate amenities. I like a resort that offers more to when I go somewhere like Orlando or anywhere that I've visited a few times and I plan to spend a day or two just lounging around the resort. So someone that is familiar with Willilamsburg and plan to spend a lot of time at the resort just may prefer Kingsgate or Governor's Green, but that in no way means that there is anything wrong with this resort. It's beautiful and far better than a 64 % rating.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Patriots Place? Share your experiences!