“Great Location but really noisy units” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Patriots Place

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Patriots Place to your Saves list
Wyndham Patriots Place
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   220 House of Burgesses Way, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Fairfield Williamsburg at Patriots' Place)   |
Ranked #35 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Location but really noisy units”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights last weekend to visit Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Garden. The units were really comfortable and spacious. Beds were clean and really fluffy... The problem we encountered is that our bedroom had an adjoining door to the next unit and their kitchen was right next to our bedroom. You can hear every single detail of conversations from the kitchen next door. Including pots and pans and the faucet. We can also hear the kids running around on the unit above us. It was just very difficult to get back to sleep early in the morning.

But over all when it came to location, it was excellent. About 10 minute drive to Colonial and 15 to Busch Garden. The restaurants are also less than 10 minutes away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We just finished our 2nd stay at Patriot’s Place in the last 6 months and found it to be an excellent place to stay if visiting Colonial Williamsburg.

Our first stay was in a 1 bedroom “A” unit which was about 750 sq ft. The unit was clean, had a wood burning fireplace, and was well furnished with colonial themed furniture which was fairly new and in very good condition. The full kitchen was somewhat small and well stocked with new small appliances and older large appliances which worked well. There was no pantry but existing dishes could be concentrated to allow for additional storage. Counter space was limited.

Everything was comfortable except the couch which was extremely firm. Only negative was some noise from the connecting “B” unit when occupants were near common door due to no threshold and poor weather stripping.

The second stay was in a 2 bedroom which consisted of the “A” unit and a smaller “B” unit (500 sq ft) with its own full but miniature size kitchen and no counter space. The unit was just as clean and comfortable as before but with comfortable couches on both sides.

The layout of the 2 bedroom unit was somewhat awkward with 2 kitchens and 2 living areas. As a result, there was not a large enough eating or living area for all to gather comfortably if fully occupied.

The resort was well maintained and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It is located just over a mile from Colonial Williamsburg Visitors Center and not much further from Merchant’s Square at Duke of Gloucester St and Colonial Williamsburg. It is just off Bypass Road and Richmond Road so there are many shops and restaurants within a short distance.

The resort has limited activities but you can go to its sister resort about a mile away for indoor pool, workout facilities, etc. If you have kids that require those activities, you might want to stay at another resort. The resort had tankless water heaters which required about 30+ seconds to get hot water after turning the water on. While an irritation, we adjusted to it quickly. The TVs were tube and some of the picture was cut off by cable formats…..the 2 bedroom unit had 4.

Patriot’s Place seemed more like an apartment complex than a full resort, but we liked this as we usually do not do a lot of resort activities. With our focus on visiting Colonial Williamsburg, we found its location, quietness and comfort hard to beat.

Lenox, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Note: I'm rating this as an RCI week trade, so I can't comment on value vs. a paid stay.

Overall the Patriot Place hit all the right spots for an excellent trade. The people were friendly and helpful, the unit was very large and clean, beds were really comfy and everything worked (a/c, showers, lights, tv's, all kitchen appliances, wi-fi, etc). Our unit had a full kitchen with plenty of appliances and good pots/pans, although we usually only had breakfasts in.

It also is in a perfect location for exploring the Williamsburg area. Lots of very good restaurants and Colonial Williamsburg are within minutes.

You are also only about 50 minutes from Richmond where we visited their excellent art museum on a rainy day.

They did ask us about sitting in on a sales pitch (they use different terms) which we didn't go to, but they were always courteous and not too pushy. Some place are just over the top with this. This wasn't.

There are tons of good restaurants in the area, and more than enough to do to stay occupied for the week.

If visiting the area, we would gladly stay here again.

Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This property is charming and is great for families. Our unit had 2 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, a dining room, a full kitchen and a kitchenette in addition to 2 bathrooms. The kids had their own little unit that was connected to ours! The property was probably not well built, as it is starting to show its age a bit. Wyndam is doing a decent job keeping it up. The grounds were lovely, and the location is excellent. My only real complaint is that we got in very late because of a freak spring snow storm (nearly 11:00 pm). Yet the front desk staff was trying to sell us on the time share at that hour.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Warren, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have stayed in many Wyndham owned resorts, and all are very nice. But this one is special. The outside depicts the charm of colonial Williamsburg. The units are named after colonial characters, and it's about a mile away from Colonial Williamsburg. The staff is amazing! We especially liked the layout of our unit. Instead of a large open area as one finds in many resorts, this has small rooms sectioned off from each other. The fireplace was much needed during this first week in March. Bring your own artificial logs. The unit was very clean, everything worked, and the beds were so comfortable. It's just so cozy!! P.S. Be sure to ask the concierge about weekly bus day trip to Washington, DC. There is also a 2 hour cruise of the Norfolk Naval Base only an hour away. For activities and amenities you need to go to a nearby resort.

davidsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have been to this resort for the pass 2 years and have had a wonderful time. It's clean and
very well groomed and the condo is beautifully decorated. Close to all attractions and eateries. We are going back there this year again. My granddaughters had such a good time that she insisted we go back this year. CAN'T WAIT FOR OIUR VACATIONS. The staff at this resort are so nice and very helpful anytime of day. See you all soon!!!!!

Room Tip: We've stayed in one bedroom and two bedroom they were both roomy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

OK.. For anyone that read my reviews, you will know I call it like I see it. This may be my longest review ever.. But, it is for a reason. A few months ago when I was deployed in a combat environment, I was choosing where I would stay at in Williamsburg on my midtour leave. I called a few resorts and received the average runaround. But, there was one resort where the Guest Service Manager (Wendy) not only took the time out of her schedule to talk to me on the phone, she sent me a comprehensive email about the resort and the Williamsburg area. I was impressed and booked the resort for two consecutive weeks. When my reservation was confirmed, Wendy also took the time to send me an email saying she was looking forward to meeting my family and me.

Normally, that "looking forward to meeting you" and "please let us know if there is anything we can do for you" sounds like standard niceties that are afforded to any customer. Most of the time, it is standard lip service and not meant from the heart. This is NOT the case with the Staff at Patriots Place. They absolutely took excellent care of my family and me. I have never been anywhere where my 8 year old son looked forward to going to the front desk daily to just "talk" to the staff.

Let me elaborate.... First the front desk staff Angela and Kris. Angela was the first person we met when we arrived. Angela checked us in and was extremely helpful with getting us situated with the local area eateries and attractions. She has "fun facts" that she tells my son daily. This is not just something she does just to be doing it. Angela actually enjoys working with my son and teaching him new things. Angela is truly a remarkable person. Kris is the person I see in the morning when I come in to get my daily coffee and morning paper. She always has a smile on her face and is ready to help in any way she can.

Next we have the Concierge Team. This is NOT your normal pushy team. Wyndham Patriots Place is a time share resort. They have properties they want to show off. If you want to see a presentation and receive a gift, that is your option. If you don’t want to see a presentation, just tell them “not interested” and they will leave you alone. Jay was the person that I primarily dealt with during my stay. Jay established an intellectual bond with my son. She is another true professional. Her fellow concierges are also outstanding and very friendly.
I just realized that I have not mentioned the rooms. They are very comfortable and quiet. We came during the low peak part of the season. The property is clean and you feel at home when you enter your room. The internet is OUTSTANDING! It’s just as good as I have at home and it is Free! They have satellite television with HBO! The beds are very comfortable. We had both the A and B units. There was plenty of room for the 3 of us. We had an issue with our Ice machine and maintenance arrive within minutes to change it out! Also, when you stay at Patriots Place, you can use the game room and amenities on the other property at King Gate. If you were staying on the Kings Gate property, you would pay 35 Dollars a week for the amenities. What more could you ask for?

Last, I am going to come full circle and end this with Ms Wendy Melendez. She truly did everything she could to make the last two weeks a memorable vacation for me and my family. Wendy should have a resort of her own to manage in the future. She is exceptional! I will be returning to Williamsburg when I redeploy later in the year. I can go to any resort. Please understand that Patriots Place is the only place for me when we return. You cannot buy this kind of service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Patriots Place? Share your experiences!