“Absolutely the best Customer Service of ANY resort we have ever experienced! Did I say EVER!?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Patriots Place

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Patriots Place to your Saves list
Wyndham Patriots Place
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   220 House of Burgesses Way, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Fairfield Williamsburg at Patriots' Place)   |
Ranked #32 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

OK.. For anyone that read my reviews, you will know I call it like I see it. This may be my longest review ever.. But, it is for a reason. A few months ago when I was deployed in a combat environment, I was choosing where I would stay at in Williamsburg on my midtour leave. I called a few resorts and received the average runaround. But, there was one resort where the Guest Service Manager (Wendy) not only took the time out of her schedule to talk to me on the phone, she sent me a comprehensive email about the resort and the Williamsburg area. I was impressed and booked the resort for two consecutive weeks. When my reservation was confirmed, Wendy also took the time to send me an email saying she was looking forward to meeting my family and me.

Normally, that "looking forward to meeting you" and "please let us know if there is anything we can do for you" sounds like standard niceties that are afforded to any customer. Most of the time, it is standard lip service and not meant from the heart. This is NOT the case with the Staff at Patriots Place. They absolutely took excellent care of my family and me. I have never been anywhere where my 8 year old son looked forward to going to the front desk daily to just "talk" to the staff.

Let me elaborate.... First the front desk staff Angela and Kris. Angela was the first person we met when we arrived. Angela checked us in and was extremely helpful with getting us situated with the local area eateries and attractions. She has "fun facts" that she tells my son daily. This is not just something she does just to be doing it. Angela actually enjoys working with my son and teaching him new things. Angela is truly a remarkable person. Kris is the person I see in the morning when I come in to get my daily coffee and morning paper. She always has a smile on her face and is ready to help in any way she can.

Next we have the Concierge Team. This is NOT your normal pushy team. Wyndham Patriots Place is a time share resort. They have properties they want to show off. If you want to see a presentation and receive a gift, that is your option. If you don’t want to see a presentation, just tell them “not interested” and they will leave you alone. Jay was the person that I primarily dealt with during my stay. Jay established an intellectual bond with my son. She is another true professional. Her fellow concierges are also outstanding and very friendly.
I just realized that I have not mentioned the rooms. They are very comfortable and quiet. We came during the low peak part of the season. The property is clean and you feel at home when you enter your room. The internet is OUTSTANDING! It’s just as good as I have at home and it is Free! They have satellite television with HBO! The beds are very comfortable. We had both the A and B units. There was plenty of room for the 3 of us. We had an issue with our Ice machine and maintenance arrive within minutes to change it out! Also, when you stay at Patriots Place, you can use the game room and amenities on the other property at King Gate. If you were staying on the Kings Gate property, you would pay 35 Dollars a week for the amenities. What more could you ask for?

Last, I am going to come full circle and end this with Ms Wendy Melendez. She truly did everything she could to make the last two weeks a memorable vacation for me and my family. Wendy should have a resort of her own to manage in the future. She is exceptional! I will be returning to Williamsburg when I redeploy later in the year. I can go to any resort. Please understand that Patriots Place is the only place for me when we return. You cannot buy this kind of service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We booked this stay through an RCI/timeshare exchange promo and it was one of the better timeshare exchanges we have made. "Off season" was perfect...quiet, picturesque dustin of snow in a very comfortable, " period " decorated and spacious unit. We had an A and B configuration, two units thst you opened the adjoining doors in between. The smaller unit with a separate queen bedroom, pull out couch in the living room , kitchenette and spacious bath, and the larger unit with living and dining room ( with lovely draperies on full windows that opened to a tree view and morning sun) and wood burning fireplace. we toured the adjacent sister property where they are pushing timeshares, but frankly liked this 28 year old updated property much better than the could-be-a-condo in any city, much more expensive property. Parking was right outside the unit, and the spacious ( and heated) entryway to the units was a welcome surprise. Front desk personnel were helpful ( Hint: While we called to see if we could check in early and were categorically denied, when we showed up early, Maria checked for units which were ready to go and got us right in, which was pretty obvious considering the low occupancy in the off season. That was most welcome, as we had a full day of sightseeing in nearby Colonial Williamsburg planned.) After check-in, you are directed to the "concierge" to receive the parking pass, but it is really the timeshare pitch which is courteously given. also given are tips on what to see and some coupons which can be also picked up via nearby displayed brochures. We did participate in the timeshare presentation, which did run about 1 1/2 hours, but with breakfast and a tour of the uber 2000-plus sf grand Southern style four bedroom unit. Our sales rep was very pleasant...only objection was that when we were handed off to the next level up-pitch, it was a repeat of the same information, which we still declined. As an FYI, the two bedroom units are much more understated than the decorated-to-the-nines over the top grand unit shown. Obtained the AmEx $80 gift card ( deposited into the local economy at nearby Williamsburg shopping) and a $30 dinner voucher for local restaurants ( small but varied selection of conveniently located eateries...were very pleased). We thoroughly enjoyed Patriot's Place for its serene Colonial retro vibe. BTW, the hot water worked fine, quick and plentiful (thank you tankless), even with the multiple shower locations ( three in this two bedroom combo unit) going at once.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I spent New Year's week in Williamsburg; the resort was perfect for two. Resort had free wifi; heated pool with water aerobics at nearby sister property; newspaper with coffee available daily. Unit well furnished with mini kitchen; coffee pot; microwave and dishes and cutlery for 4.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederick, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Wyndham now has 3 great properties in Williamsburg, VA. My guess is most folks bypass the flagship Patriot's Place for its flashier siblings Governors Green and Kingsgate. Don't misunderstand me: the latter two are great, particularly for families, what with all the activites and such in their newer clubhouses.
Patriot's is a little faded these days-the hotel that sits on the land adjacent to the units is dark and empty, which is a little creepy. This property has two important things going for it, though: the wood-burning fireplaces and the people onsite. There's nothing like a crackling fire on a chilly winter night and this place allows you to bring your own duralogs in certain units.
Now- for the people: they are so very friendly and helpful-no matter what you ask of them. They phoned my first morning there just to make sure everything was as I had wished-nice touch. They were not at all pushy in trying to get me to go to a "free" breakfast while I was in town (this is how vacation ownership happens-they give you a nice breakfast and then try to sell you more time). When I ran out to my car and inadvertantly locked myself out of the unit-they were so kind about helping me out.
The bed was extremely comfortable (I slept 9 hours my first night there), and towels, etc were plentiful.

Room Tip: I liked buidling 6 with its fireplaces and vies of the woods.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We just arrived home from a great week in Colonial Williamsburg and a relaxing stay at Patriot's Place. This is our 2nd stay at this resort and we still enjoy it. We had a large 1 bedroom with a smaller 1 bedroom lockoff unit for 2 couples. This is an ideal location for peace and quiet yet close to most of the desired activities. When travelling with children the sister resort at Kingsgate has just about everything they would need to keep them busy including a free movie theatre and is just a short drive away. We will stay here next year hopefully.

Room Tip: The bottom floor is best if you have trouble with stairs. The 1 bedroom for 4 people is larger and w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
1,491 reviews 1,491 reviews
1,395 helpful votes 1,395 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at Patriots Place on a last minute deal through RCI. It was early November and there were few people at the resort making it very quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed our stay for a number of reasons. Great location about 5 minutes north of Colonial Williamsburg and set back from the road in a lovely setting. I-64 is only a few minutes north, making it easy to visit the rest of the Hampton Roads area. There were many dining and shopping options within a mile or two from the resort.

The unit was a large one bedroom with old fashioned furniture which was adequate and a very good queen sized bed. There was free wifi, 2 flat screen TVs, fully stocked kitchen, large bathroom with a gigantic tub and a separate shower. The unit has a working fireplace, a washer/dryer and a small balcony with a plesant view. The only negative is the hot water--it takes a few minutes of running the water for the water to be hot--it does eventually get hot, but it seems like a waste of water. The are few activities at the resort but you have access to activities at Kingsgate, a sister resort about a mile away.

We were not interested in any sales pitch and were not bothered about that during our stay. This resort fit our needs fine and we have already booked another stay in February.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aztec, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Patriot's Place. We stayed at Building 14 and had two units that housed 10 of us very well, six adults and 4 children. We ate almost all of our meals in our unit and had to borrow chairs from one unit so we could all eat together. The only complaint we had was the hot water, recently updated to an "on-demand" hot water heater. It worked horribly, until we figured out that we had to run two faucets in separate rooms to get it to work (then turn one off!). Very irritating, but other than that, the units were great, clean and spacious for all of us.

Room Tip: Very quiet place, wonderful playground for children. Beautiful grounds and close to Colonial Willia...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Patriots Place? Share your experiences!