“Great hotel for family; Close to Colonial Williamsburg” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #25 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Great hotel for family; Close to Colonial Williamsburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Service was excellent. We had a two bedroom suite with kitchen and family/living room area. Room was ready on arrival and was clean and well maintained. Our suite had a gas fireplace that did an excellent job of warming us after brisk, cold days in the Colonial area. Coffee, tea and other beverages were available in the dining area 24 hours a day--and the coffee was great. Room cost includes a good tasting well rounded breakfast in the dining area. Internet service was very fast. Ample outside parking. One drawback--there are no room safes (but there are safe deposit boxes available at the front desk).

Room Tip: Any room above the first floor will be quiet. There may be trash pickup and truck delivery noise ab...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mark T, General Manager at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Williamsburg Residence Inn. Yes, the 2 bedroom suites boast over 600 sqft of space, and is great for families. The gas fireplace is such an incredible addition. Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in the Colonial Williamsburg area. We are happy to have you as a return guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This residence Inn is very well taken care of and is in a perfect location for visiting Williamsburg. The rooms have now been upgraded and they look very nice. I recommend this residence inn when visiting Williamsburg Virginia.

• Stayed January 2013
Mark T, General Manager at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. It means a lot to us here to know our guests wish to share their experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our new renovations. We look forward to having you return to our hotel during your next visit to Williamsburg, Virginia.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have stayed at this residence inn probably 4 or 5 times. Through the heat, through the renovation and never, I mean never have we been dissappointed. And I am a picky person. Starting with check-in, how many places can you say you've stayed where they remember your name when you come back. That's Sal, that's the heart of this Residence Inn and that is the value of staying at this hotel right away. They remember you, and take care of you. And that is what a hotel should represent. From then on, you are in the caring hands of all the staff employees who in fact have been there each time we've stayed there which also is a testament to their manager - Mark. He appreciates them and it shows and he appreciates all those that stay there. If you are looking for a room, you can find that anywhere, if you are looking for a home away from home - stay here and have no regrets. And of course I would be remiss in saying that our Sheltie Shadow - loves staying here as well. She is blind but somehow remembers the layout of the room and is very comfortable. They treat her as one of the family.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet, request a room on the first floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark T, General Manager at Residence Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
WOW! We appreciate your continued appreciation of our hotel and thank you for being a frequent guest. We take pride in our employees and ensuring that they provide the best service possible. Sal is a number one at customer service. You are correct he remembers EVERYONE! He truly welcomes every guest as his own dear friend.
Thank you so much for the raving review, hope to have you stay with us again soon.
philadelphia area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had a 3-room suite since we had 4 kids, my husband and I, and my mother for the weekend. Everything was clean and stocked. The beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. The fireplace was just an added bonus...we didn't know about it when we booked.
We had a AAA discount and it was $179 a night. We're from the Northeast so this seemed like a steal, especially with breakfast for seven included.
The location is great...close to Colonial Williamsburg and plenty of food options around. It's on a bit of a strip so the views aren't great but if you have forgotton anything, all types of stores are right around the corner.
I only took off a star because breakfast was a little chaotic and both mornings we were there,they never refilled the cranberry juice. There were never any trays either.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
When the whole family has room to spread out.....the stay is always more enjoyable! I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We take pride in the accomodations, service provided, and happiness of our guests. You certainly stayed at a wonderful rate. With our close proximity to everything in Williamsburg, we are lucky to have a great location for our guests. I hope that you will come back to Williamsburg in the future and choose the Residence Inn as your Marriott Porperty of choice. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The pool was a hit! The breakfast was great with a huge assortment of waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal, soy milk, and juices. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are available 24 hrs a day for free. The staff gave us great directions and insight to local attractions. Overall, it was a blast!

• Stayed December 2012
I am glad your family had such a wonderful visit to Colonial Williamsburg. Thank you for leaving a great review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I checked out this morning and was pleased with my experience until I picked up my bill and noticed the $75 pet fee that was not evident on the website when I booked the room and was not mentioned to me when I called to make sure they wouldn't be shocked when I showed up with my dog. If I had known my $139 (plus tax) room was going to be $229 I would have found somewhere else to stay closer to the colonial area. Which is where I wanted to be anyway. When I spoke to the manager about this she took $25 off. That didn't make me feel better. This is not a $200/night hotel. I stay in lots of pet friendly hotels (many of them much nicer) and I've never been charged a pet fee. This feels like they're taking advantage. I told her I wouldn't be staying there anymore and she apologized and explained their policy for the tenth time. What happened to the customer is always right? It wasn't even the money. It was the shock factor I didn't like. If I let you know I'm bringing my dog, you let me know you're charging me out the wazoo. Deal?

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments.
I have looked into your concerns and have looked through our website which does notate the pet fee of $75.00 on the Marriott brand standard website in several places. Please be advised that all Residence Inns are pet frendly and can charge up $100.00 pet fee is to ensure that all rooms are deep cleaned after the pet has vacated the rooms. I also noted your signed pet policy that also states the $75.00 fee and other conditions, which was signed at check-in. My manager was extremely generous to offer you a discount on the pet fee as this is a set fee we charge. Most hotels, in the Williamsburg area, are not pet-friendly due to the high costs involved in the deep cleansing of rooms. We welcome our pet-family members, as they are very important to our guests.
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have been in the Resort and Hotel business for over twenty years, and this has been the best over all experience I have encountered to this date. Everything from the entire staff being the example of what customer service should be. To Mark the GM with his personable and hands on approach,and Sal and his awesome front desk staff,and Kandi(sales),and Christina(food service) to the unsung heroes of house keeping and maintenance. The property was clean and well maintained. Great Job!!!!!!

P.S. The Renovations look Amazing !!!!

Room Tip: The King studio #202 also the larger two bedroom suite # 221 close to the elevator and laundry.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a wonderful review. We take pride in customer service and promote it within our employees. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you are able to come back and stay again soon.

Been to Residence Inn Williamsburg? Share your experiences!