Room felt 'damp' - we were in an end room but it was the wall adjoining another room that had condensation! Wallpaper was coming away at the seams and had not been reapplied, also border was becoming detached.
Bathroom looked very tired and air vent was thick with dust!
Bed linen, although clean, looked very old and worn.
Someone had obviously at some point tried to pull the 'decorative' curtain and it had become detached from its rail but had not been repaired.
Simple caretaking issues that could have been corrected but they obviously couldn't be bothered.
BUT the worst part of our stay was the breakfast experience. The breakfast room was inadequately sized -the hours they allowed for breakfast meant everybody seemed to be there at the same time. There were not enough tables/seats and the room was very stuffy. When we finally managed to get something it wasn't actually really worth the effort either!
Our experience of other chains is that upon departure you are asked if you enjoyed your stay - this was not the case at this hotel. I wonder why!!
Stayed for 2 nights and following this experience cannot imagine we would ever stay in any of this chains hotels again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five-story Brick Hotel centrally located 1/2 mile from Colonial Williamsburg & 5 minutes from Busch Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn Historic Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Area Quality Inn
- Williamsburg Quality Inn