“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Tulsa, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great place to stay. Clean and very friendly. Breakfast was awesome and loved the made to order omelets. Beds were comfortable and the internet was easy to access. Quiet and didn't hear my neighbors!!!! Definitely would stay again if going back to Williamsburg!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Chesterville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

NIce embassy suites a little smaller than most i have stayed in but just as good. The service from the moment i walked in the door to when i checked out was great. Managers reception and breakfast was good and the pool was nice for my children.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rick D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review of our hortel. We do pride ourselves on having the best team in town. We look forward to seeing you all again the next time you are in town.
Garner, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent 1 night here on Friday May 24th. The front office staff were a delight, warm and friendly. They actually had goody bags handy for our kids and were genuinely warm and friendly. The ambience of their facility was top notch and commendable. Our room was on the 5th floor and the suite was excellent. If you are traveling with your family,get the double room suite.. Spacious, with two TVs and amenities needed. It was clean and professional. The breakfast was bland but okay, and the two ladies in charge of the omelet section were outstanding. They were natural in sharing ideas about attractions and places to visit and generally making small talk. Their indoor pool was a delight. Their spa (accomodates 5 people) was a treasure and a place to be. In addition, while I am not sure this is a regular occurence, they actually had happy hour on friday between 5:30 and 7:00pm.

Room Tip: If you go on a holiday period, and wish to have breakfast, go early.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rick D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about your stay. It’s good to hear that our staff went abouve and beyond yur expectations. We look forward to see you all again the next time you are in Williamsburg.
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Check-in was very smooth. However, even though I'd made reservations weeks in advance and had requested a crib (pack & play) at the time of the reservation, they didn't have one available. So night one, squirmy baby in a double bed with us. Fun. We travel a lot, and have never had this happen at a hotel that offers cribs. So just be aware - if you're staying here with an infant on the weekend, you might want to consider bringing your own pack and play. The second night, one became available (whew!)

I usually judge a room by the cleanliness of the bathroom. That's where this hotel failed. There was some hair left in a few places in the shower & some dried-on soap scum that had obviously been there a while. This was the first time I'd ever felt compelled to clean a hotel shower myself, which I did. Eww.

Other than that, the room was fine. The building itself seems a little old & in need of some updating. However, staff was very friendly, and this hotel offers an excellent breakfast buffet.

I didn't feel this hotel was really up to Embassy Suites' usual standards. Williamsburg has a ton of reasonably-priced hotels, so we probably will stay elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize that we did not have a pack n play availible but they given on a first come, first serve basis. It is disappointing to also hear that the cleanliness was not acceptable. I will be discussing your feedback with the department head and we will resolve the issues. Thank you again and do give us another chance.
Auburn Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I booked a reservation for this hotel on the Embassy Suites website. When we arrived, I learned the hotel was oversold. As a result, they re-booked us at the budget hotel down the street. This was not a comparable property, but we stayed there anyway. I have two young children and it was late. Ironically if I wanted to cancel my reservation I would have needed to do so two days in advance. Unfortunately, they cancelled it for me the day I arrived. This was very disappointing. Prior to this, we also liked staying at Embassy Suites hotels. However, this experience soured us on the brand.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thnak you for the feedback abourt your visit to Williamsburg. I do sincerely apologize that we did not have a room available for you. We try to never have to relocate guests but unfortunately due to things out of our control it sometimes happens. The hotel we found you a room at was the best hotel that was not sold out that evening. I do apologize again.
Hope Mills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My family of 4 recently stayed here while visiting Busch Gardens.
What first brought us to stay was that during booking the Hotel we were told over the phone that they provided a shuttle service to and from the park.

With times as they are we are very "Cost Concious" meaning save this to afford that.
We booked in mind that we would not have to pay the $15.00 parking fee at the park, and use that money saved to go out some place nice for dinner, it being my birthday and all. Oh we'll for that.

When my wife asked the staff they said no there was no shuttle but...... They could call us a cab.

It was clearly noticed twice when I approached the front desk that some of the employees were to busy chatting with each other to notice me standing there. A good 5-7 minutes later they decided to acknowledge my presence.

I do give hats of to the restaurant/bar and housekeeping staff they were more than friendly.

Overall not the worst stay I've had but....... At $180.00 a night I expect a lot more!!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize that we did not have a shuttle service. It is disappointing to also hear that the front desk did not immediately acknowledge you. I will be discussing your feedback with the department head and we will resolve the issues. Thank you again and do give us another chance.
Littlestown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Highly recommended, just off the main street, but centrally located, with many establishments within walking distance. The only dislike was the short shower curtain in the handicap room and limited ventilation fan, made for an inefficient bathroom.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you very much for the great review of our hortel. I am glad other than the short shower curtain you had a great stay. We will take a look at an alternative prioduct. We look forward to seeing you all again the next time you are in town.

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Williamsburg? Share your experiences!