What I liked about this Embassy Suites:
-There is a door between the living area and sleeping area, so you can hang out after putting the kids to bed. Also helpful for the second night when we realized one in our party is a snorer, who was sent to the sofa!
-The manager's reception features free drinks and snacks in the evening. There is even a water dispenser with sliced citrus in it for flavor.
-The breakfast is amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
-Staff were friendly.
-Conveniently located. You could walk to a mini golf place if you wanted, but we did not check it out.
What was not great:
-Sleeping area is small and be prepared for small double beds. There is just enough room for a pack and play.
-Furniture in living area is low to the ground and uncomfortable.
-Just a sheet and blanket for the sofa bed.
-Almost all the rooms open into the atrium which is adjacent to the front desk. Both nights large groups of loud tweens were arriving and you could hear everything. It truly sounded as though one person had a megaphone. The noise affects only the living area. This problem is unavoidable due to the hotel's design, and I believe it is quite flawed.
-The shower is awful. The insert is extremely narrow and I did not even have room to stand with my feet a comfortable distance apart. There is no horizontal surface for toiletries! Not a good experience.
-The elevator is extremely slow. I had read this in previous reviews, but did not fully appreciate the nuisance until experiencing it. And there are only two.
-My husband and I went to the pool one night to "relax" in the hot tub, but there were just too many wild children there. It also wreaks of chlorine in there.
-The one time I tried calling the front desk, none of the buttons on the room phone would work. I used my cell phone to look up the hotel's phone number and finally got the front desk. The person did not care that the room phone did not work properly. I asked about different pillows (they are small and too soft) and bedding for the sofa bed, and he was not helpful with either, stating what's in the room is what we can have.
Overall, there are a lot of nice things about this hotel which is why I booked a room there. However, the difficulties we had there were enough that we are trying a different place for our next visit. I hope this is helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Williamsburg's only full service, all-suite hotel. The Embassy Suites Williamsburg hotel offers guests a free hot breakfast buffet with cooked-to-order station each morning and a complimentary cocktail reception each evening. This Williamsburg hotel is within convenient reach of all the exciting attractions and rich history the area has to offer. This all-suites hotel is ideal for corporate travel, families and groups that are visiting Williamsburg, VA. The Embassy Suites will be undergoing a multi-million dollar transformation during the winter and will emerge with a brand new look and feel just in time for spring! We are taking extraordinary steps to stay ahead of the changing needs of hotel travelers and enable our guests an experience that promises greater comfort and enhanced productivity. We will be taking great strides during this time to ensure all guests are comfortable, can function with ease and will remain in control of their experience at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Williamsburg Virginia
- Embassy Suite Williamsburg