“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Damascus, Maryland
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Recently stayed at the Embassy Suites for 2 nights at Thanksgiving time. Had a great stay and would recommend for a family with young kids.

- Staff were all very friendly. Was welcomed very nicely and shown all of the amenities the hotel offered by the manager on duty.

- Great open lobby. Hung out in the nice lobby area with the kids. Very relaxing.

- Manager's reception. The manager's reception in the evening was fun. Who could say "no" to an open bar and snacks. Watched the Redskins beat Dallas as an added bonus.

- Free breakfast each morning. Omlettes cooked the way you want, very good. Overall the food was just "ok", but it was nice to have a lot of choices and it was free! If I was staying for 3 or 4 nights, I would probably not want to go here for breakfast every day.

- Suites were nice. Nothing spectacular, but worked for our family of 4.

- Pool was good. Not sure if the hot tub was working well when we were there because it was actually a little too hot to even stay in that long.

- Location was nice. Easy to get onto Rt. 60 and get to Busch Gardens or Colonial Williamsburg. There was a Kmart right next door.

- Overall - a pleasant stay for the family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rick D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Many thanks for the great feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on operating a clean, safe, and well maintained hotel with very engaged staff. We hope to see you all back the next time you are in town.

639 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just got back from a two night stay and can't say enough good things about Embassy Suites. From the time we arrived until we left, everything was great. The staff was friendly and room clean. This was our first experience with Embassy Suites in Williamsburg and it won't be our last. The drinks (beer, wine and mixed) along with "nibblies" was a nice touch at the Manager's reception and the drinks were gratis from 5:30-7:30. Like someone previously said, "this is a nice hotel to stay in". I would be remiss if I didn't mention the made-to-order omelets at breakfast....wonderful. We'll be back in March for a longer stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rick D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you very much for the great feed back. I am excited that our staff made a difference on your trip. You cant beat the evening reception and omelets in the morning. We look forward to seeing you all in March. Thanks again!
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We just took a short vacation and stayed here for the third time. It is convenient but quiet as it is on a side street. There was a tour group of kids when we were there, but the only time there was any crowd or noise was at breakfast. Typical Embassy suites selections for breakfast - the only issue I had was that the food was not real warm one morning, but I had an awesome omelet there. The staff is always pleasant and accomodating. The indoor pool and hot tub are small, but we were the only people it it when we went. Water was very warm, and towels are provided. We enjoyed drinks at the manager's receptions. We will definitely return again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the feed back. I am glad we found an quiet oasis for you in a very busy hotel. We have recently revamped our breakfast experience and we still have our great custom omelets. We hope to see you all again the next time you are in Williamsburg.
Cary, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our group of 4 ladies (3 sisters and a niece/daughter: ages 30-55) stayed in this hotel during the Sandy Superstorm...not because we had to but we had planned this getaway many months before. The 4 of us have stayed in many hotels in many different cities in the 12 years we have travelled together. The Embassy Suites in Wiilliamsburg was by far one of our most enjoyable stays. Even though the weather was bad, all the staff were friendly, upbeat and eager to serve. We especially enjoyed Candie, the bartender, during the Manager's reception. Not only did she make awesome drinks, she remembered them from night to night! She was awesome.

Our 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite was perfect for us to have space but still be together. We enjoyed use of the fitness center and thoroughly enjoyed the made to order breakfast each morning. At the height of the storm when most restaurants were closed, we had awesome pizza and cocktails at the cafe! All 4 of us would stay here again with our spouses and children too. Thanks for a truly unforgettable stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for the great review. I am very glad that despite the unfavorable weather you had an excellent stay. We do pride ourselves on having the best staff in town. It is great to hear that Candi made such a difference on your stay. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you all the next time you are in town and hopefully no hurricane!
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a nice hotel to stay in, whether traveling by yourself or with a family. It is on a side road just off the main road running through Williamsburg (Richmond Road). Very easy to find, and I liked that it was on a side street because there was no traffic noise, and no problem pulling in and out of the parking lot. The hotel is very clean, and the rooms are nice. I like the each suite had a separate bathroom, livingroom, and bedroom, and that each space was a good size. My room was 302 (3rd floor on the backside of the hotel. Not much of a view from this room (just the roof) but it was quiet. Breakfast was pretty good, they had plenty of the usual choices to choose from, plus a make your own omelet station (which I liked) So, overall it's a nice hotel that I can say, Yes I would stay in again. And it is close to everything that you could possibly want to see in Williamsburg. I think it took me all of about 5 minutes to get downtown (to William & Mary and the Colonial district). If you read other reviews about the downtown being 15+ minutes away...I'm thinking that that person may have taken the wrong way. Use a GPS and it should get you there no problem.

Room Tip: Try to pick a room just off the main atrium (I had 302 which was down a side hallway), these rooms s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rick D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review and fantastic pictures. I am gald to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and two room suite. Your absolutly right that our location is great because we are close to everything but not in the fray of Richmond Road. Thanks again and we hope to see you again the next time you are in town.
Phenix City, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We recently traveled on a family vacation and chose to stay at this Embassy Suites as we have always had a great experience. Glad we were with our kids, as the hotel was packed with tour group kids, but the Manager on duty informed us and even moved us away from the "noise" and elevators. Except for the lines at breakfast, we didn't even know the place was totally booked. Clean rooms, excellent service from the front desk staff, and cooks!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great feedback about your stay. I am gald to hear that our staff was able to find you a quiet oasis in a busy hotel. It is exciting to hear that our staff was exceptional. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you all the next time you are in Williamsburg.
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I chose this hotel based on reviews and previous stays at Embassy Suites. This hotel is in dire need of a makeover and does not live up to what I expect from an Embassy Suites. The hotel is easily one step below what is to be expected in this category. I am on the road about 150 nights a year and this was one of my bigger disappoinments.

This trip was not business, but pleasure and I brought my wife staying here since I expected it to be a little bit better hotel. The rooms are in serious need of an upgrade and some areas were not as clean as I would expect. Carpets were old, decor is old, furnishings old and cheap. Just seemed run down.

In the bathroom a chunk of the bathtub had been broken off and re-glued. Looked bad. There was no soap dish in the shower/bath area to put soap of shampoo. You had to leave things on the corner of the tub. I had never been to a hotel that doesn't provide a soap dish?! The soap was stuck to the tub the next morning. Sweet.

Another reason I stayed here was they have breakfast and will cook eggs and omletts. I hate virtually all hotel buffet breakfasts, so cooked to order is a nice alternative. All the Embassy Suites do this and the only downside I find is they all use too much oil in the eggs. This time I ment to ask if they could use less oil and forgot. However the omlett was OK anyway. Not good breakfast restaurant quality, but OK. However my wife opted for French toast from the cook, not at the buffet. They proceeded to take out a plate of already cooked French toast from a fridge and basically said bon appetit! We honestly expected that this was also cooked to order. Needless to say it was cold. I guess you are suppose to run it through the toaster?! If that is the expectation, don't even offer this.

They state right on the checking card with your key that seating can be a challenge in the AM for breakfast due to crowds. In other words, "Prepare to be Dissapointed". This was the case Sunday with a bus tour. We were thinking of eating out anyway, but figured maybe we would just get a coffee and a yogurt to go. Didn't even want to go down. I understand the hotel wants tour buses, but it makes it difficult for others if the crowds cannot be handled. We ate out.

The check in staff was OK. Efficient, but not overly friendly. The woman in the breakfast area was very friendly.

I would not stay here again. based on price/value/expectations. You can find other places for a cheaper price that may actually be even better. For the same price you must be able to do better in the area.

Good luck.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rick D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback about your stay. I do apologize that we may of not met your expectations during your stay. We are revamping our breakfast experience this fall and it will exceed your expectations the next time you come to our hotel. Thanks again and we hope you give us another chance the next time you are in town.

Been to Embassy Suites Williamsburg? Share your experiences!