“Will be staying here again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Richmond Rd.

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Richmond Rd. to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Richmond Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1880 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2x Points
Ranked #14 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Lexington Park, Maryland
“Will be staying here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We just spent three nights here and it was a very pleasant experience. When I was checking in the front desk asked if we needed help with the luggage. Then shortly after getting settled in the room (about 20/30 minutes), the phone rang; it was the front desk checking to see if we liked the room and if we needed anything. That set the tone for the entire stay.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well maintained during our visit. There were different hot choices for breakfast each morning, which was a nice change from other places, along with the standard cereal, hot oatmeal, and waffles. There are many restaurants and shops within walking distance, including our favorite restaurant, and the outlets are just over a mile up the road.
We are planning to be back in Williamsburg in December and will be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My stay at this Hampton Inn was great. Check-In went without a hitch and the room was comfortable, clean and well arranged. The location was perfectly located between Colonial Williamsburg and the Outlet and within walking distance to a great restaurant almost directly across the street "Anna's Brick Oven". I will stay here on my next Williamsburg visit.

Brick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Our stay at this Hampton was a good one. Room was clean and comfortable. Hotel is in good location for walking to eating and shopping. Service was not quite as friendly as our other experiences with Hampton. This is in a very busy area so may have something to do with it.

Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Hampton Inn on Richmond Avenue. They had the room type I reserved ready when I arrived. The room was mostly clean but there were small brownish stains on one of the pillow covers as well as on the bed spread. One of the towels also had same type of stain. The lady taking care of the breakfast on Saturday 25 August was a real sweetheart and was on top of every little detail. I cannot say the same about the lady on Sunday morning; everything was chaos that morning an it didn't even faze her. There was waffle mix all over the table and when asked if there was another batch left she was very rude about it. It was a total mess! Good thing she did not work on Monday morning. The rest of the stay was pleasant and comfortable.

Room Tip: The wifi is spotty in rooms at the ends of the halls. Ask for rooms near property center to get bet...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I made a last minute reservation for me and my two children. To my surprise, the price was the same two days before as it was two weeks before. Where I thought the price would go up it didn't. I appreciate that. The room was sufficient for our one night stay and they even had a pool. The kids enjoyed it.

• Stayed May 2012
Danville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I made the reservation at this location and this hotel based on reviews and convience. The room was small but very clean. I like the fact that we could walk to eating and shopping which was very important to us. The staff was very friendly at the front desk. The breakfast was very good and there was something different on the hot bar everyday If we decide to visit williamsburg again i will book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Always do your research before booking any hotel. I found reading trip advisor reports are great in...
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My grandson and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn on Richmond Road. The accommodations were quite acceptable. Breakfast was good for me and my grandson (save money from having to spend on Breakfast every morning), there was a variety and each day was a different hot entree. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and I needed directions sometimes. I forgot my license at home and when it was faxed over, the manager called me right away to let me know it had arrived. The only thing, that is not really negative, but it would have been nice to not have housekeeping parading their carts while breakfast was open. I totally understand the design of the building does not allow for them to walk anywhere else. They would have to redesign the building and charge a whole lot more....so deal with it. I would definitely stay at this location again, if in town. The place is clean!

Room Tip: We only had a 2QB room and it was on the 3rd floor. No view (side, trees) really but I wasn't t...