“Good hotel in cooler months.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 15%
Ranked #22 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Martinsburg, United States
“Good hotel in cooler months.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had a 1 bedroom suite, very roomy. Enough space for my husband and I and 2 teenage boys. Also, the room and hotel were clean. There is an indoor pool which was nice but we went during the summer and there was nowhere outside for lounging. There was a patio next to the pool that had barbeques and picnic tables but no place to just lounge and enjoy the weather. I would not stay again during warmer months because of this. Coffee is advertised 24 hours a day but I don't think anyone was checking to make sure it was available as a few times during our 4 day stay they were out. When brought to the attention of the hotel staff they quickly brought out new coffee but I don't think I should have to ask for something that is advertised. The hotel staff was very friendly and welcomed us each time we entered the lobby. There was no phone book in my room and when I went to the desk and asked for one they did not have one; but the person working at the desk researched what I was looking for and gave me the location and phone number for the business. The hotel was between Bush Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg and only a few minutes drive to each. Probably could have walked to Colonial Williamsburg.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

On our trip, my family and I were driving from Atlanta to Washington DC. We had decided to stop on the way up to see Yorktown, Jamestown, and Colonial Williamsburg. To see all of these things, we needed a hotel to sleep in. Having two adults, three children, and one seventeen month old baby, we decided our best option was to find a two room suite, which this Homewood Suites offered! Our suite had a living/kitchen area, two bedrooms, and two baths, all equipped with REAL air conditioning (no window units)!

The beds were very nice and easy to sleep on. The sheets and pillows were comfy, so there's no need to bring your own.

Our suite was located in a perfect location. The breakfast and dinner room was just down the hallway, as was the pool, the "Ms. Pacman Room", and the laundry room. Breakfast was what you'd expect from a hotel: generally sausage, eggs, waffles, etc. They had different dinners each night, but the two that we tried were good.

My only complaint is the Wi-Fi. When connected, the Wi-Fi worked fine, but we kept having to reconnect and enter our room number and last name again. Other than that, the hotel was perfect!

Right ho,
Ari Pomerance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This was or first stay at a Homewwod Suites. This is a wonderful hotel. The location is great, close to man
y restaurants and attractions. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and the perfect size for a family of four. The breakfast each morning was good also. I enjoy having a small kitchen in the room to keep snacks and drinks for the kids. We enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
EDMOND, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Excellent hotel with great proximity to Williamsburg site. The room had two full-sized beds and a chair which converted to a single. The room was very clean and well maintained. The swimming pool is very large, nice, and clean. They are building a splash pool next to the existing one with slides, etc. for the small children. The towels were not as nice as I was expecting, but accomplished the job. The hotel was a little price, but the acces to our destination made it worth the extra cost.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Traveling with my family of five and have always had a great experience with Homewood Suites, however this one was not so! The wifi was horrible, I get better wifi service in 3rd world country gas stations. The hotel was dirty, no one cleaned the restroom by the pool and it was disgusting. Now for our room, the ac was very load, the door was very difficult to open and seemed no one was really interested. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SamPWBGHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel Bob A. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

All the Best,
Sam Peraza
baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel was great. Homewood Suites has one of the few really NICE 2 suite rooms available in chain hotels and with the AAA rate we paid less than I expected for a single room. I knew I would be arriving between 11 pm and midnight, and requested a late check in and the room was ready and waiting when we arrived a little before midnight.

St. Paul, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We're glad we ended up here versus a value chain down the road. The suite slept 6 comfortably, and we saved money by having a light dinner at the manager's reception instead of eating out. It was the best of the three hotels we used on our family vacation (and we're glad it was the last, since the others would have been a let-down!). The staff is super friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites Williamsburg? Share your experiences!