“Extremely disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 80 hotels in Williamsburg
Unionville, United States
“Extremely disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Dirty rooms, rust in bathroom, beds uncomfortable and internet connectivity very difficult. Issues were reported and front desk clerk made no effort to make our stay memorable and made it appear it was our fault we left the room that's why housekeeping couldn't get in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

SamPWBGHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for providing us your feedback Christine S. We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our team to ensure that we make the necessary changes. We truly do appreciate your feedback as we use this feedback for continual in house training. Again, we apologize and if you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Clean rooms. Pleasant staff. Great breakfast. Two bedrooms worked out great with family. Close to Colonial Williamsburg. I would stay a this location again. The price was reasonable. I would of had to get two rooms. The price was reasonable for the stay.

Saint Louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife, her brother and wife and myself stayed for four days at the Homewood Suite in Williamsburg, VA. Though the hotel is getting a little older, it is well-maintained and clean. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. We stayed in a unit with two bedrooms and two baths and a living room. The bathrooms are attached to the common area not to the bedrooms. It is close to colonial Williamsburg. The breakfast and evening meal were OK, and convenient.

Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've stayed at a lot of Hilton properties and a number of Homewood Suites so I went into this one with reasonably high expectations but in the end, they weren't quite met. I was on the 4th floor, in Rm 401 and I'll start with saying that the layout of the room was just ODD! There was tons of wasted space which was unusual for a hotel. My key issues with the layout - the sink was outside of the bathroom area which makes it a little aggravating to get dressed unless you want to step out of the shower, dry off, and then dress before exiting the shower area. I really dislike this configuration in hotels, so that started things off badly to begin with. But let's move on to the 'outside bathroom sink' area. Not a SINGLE HOOK or towel bar or shelf available to place toiletries. At first I thought this was a mistake so I called the desk to ask if all the rooms were laid out like this with nowhere to place toiletries or hang a hand towel or hang anything in the sink area and they confirmed that this was the standard setup. Not good!

The tub in the bathroom had extremely high water pressure on the shower head, and it was almost impossible to adjust it down from a level that seemed more appropriate to pressure wash a home rather than take a shower! I'm just glad that what little sunburn I ended up with while roaming around Busch Gardens and Water Country USA was minor enough that I was able to endure the pounding shower back at the hotel. Also, the wallpaper and plumbing for the shower enclosure were pretty much out of date and in poor repair. It reminded me of something I would find on a much lower class (non Hilton) property. Definitely not what I am used to seeing at a Hilton property!

Lastly - appliances in the room were in poor repair as well. Clock radio in the bedroom had pieces broken off of it. Ice maker in the fridge did not work (this was reported twice during the stay and never addressed by the hotel staff, and no update was provided as to why this was not repaired). Also, just the overall setup was poor.

Indoor pool area was adequate, but the water did not seem as clean as I would have liked or expected. Sort of a hazy/cloudy look to it. Not something that I cared to swim in so it wasn't a big deal, but just another point to support my prior comments and rating.

Not what I expected but we were here, so we put up with it for 4 nights. I doubt we will be back at this hotel and I would urge others to check closely because what I found doesn't seem to meet the quality described in some of the other reviews.

After all that, I will end with at least something positive - the daily breakfast meal was OK (not great, but OK). But the staff who was putting this meal on were without fail very pleasant and cheerful. They seemed to enjoy the work, and seemed to care that they were keeping things moving for breakfast. This was the one bright spot in an otherwise disappointing visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us your feedback RandyNC. I personally apologize we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved and expected during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and I have worked with our team to ensure that we continue to work on improving our guest experience. Again, we sincerely apologize and should you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Fairfax, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have young children and come to this hotel each year. The beds are so comfortable and the rooms always clean - with a full kitchen and lots of towels. It is located near so many activities and has a wonderful pool and a walking area nearby. The staff is genuine and welcoming - and with free breakfasts and evening reception it is a great value for a family. We are always pleasantly surprised at how quiet and restful it is each year, even though it often has many families and others staying there at the same time. Highly recommend this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Chardon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Was clean, staff was friendly and helpful. was a great deal including a nice breakfast and M-Th a simple dinner. Rooms are great, roomy, clean and quiet! would rebook in a minute. The nice thing about the rooms is that they had small kitchens and sitting areas separate from the bedroom. There was a group of 50 middle school kids there the night we stayed and we never knew it!

Room Tip: I would not want a room on LL