“Little below par for a Hilton Brand” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Kingsmill Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Williamsburg Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20% - Book Early!
Ranked #19 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Atlanta, Georgia
“Little below par for a Hilton Brand”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The lobby is great but once you get past it the hotel seams a little dated. The rooms are ok, but you can tell they are older. We went to a Christmas party in one of the conference rooms and it was a bit on the dingy side. Some of the walls had food stains and there were parts of the carper covered in tape. There are a lot of hotels in Williamsburg to chose from and this one is at the bottom of the list

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is one minute drive away from the entrance to the Busch Garden parking entrance. It's a large hotel and tends to attract large groups such as a high school athletic teams. The hotel staff, overall seems to be trained very well based on our number of stays. The breakfast was good as well. The only thing of note; some (not all) rooms we stayed at probably needs some updates. Otherwise, very good place to stay when visiting Busch Garden.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

As a Hilton Honors member, I have stayed at many Homewood Suites and Hampton Inns, but never a DoubleTree. I chose the DoubleTree because of its close proximity to Busch Gardens. I requested a 6th floor room with a balcony overlooking the pool and received it. Not all rooms have balconies, so make sure you put that in any request. The balcony is very large and although it was cool while I was there, it was nice to have it available. I don’t know why so many people have an issue with the long corridors. My room was right in the center so it was equal distance from either elevator, but it’s not like you have to walk a mile.

The room was a double queen bed and was spacious, but the bathroom was quite small though very well appointed. Everything was very clean and the room was quite. They are decorated in a contemporary style, not the tradition Colonial décor you usually find in Williamsburg. It makes the room look very sleek and modern. As a HH member, I was given the free WiFi password when I was given my room key. I had booked at $76/night with a AAA discount. I went on their website the day before and the rate had dropped to $67/night. I called and asked if they could adjust the rate and had no issues with the rate change. Honestly, at $67/night I don’t care that they don’t offer free breakfast. Williamsburg is teeming with Waffle and Pancake Restaurants.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 6th floor if you a HH member. Request a balcony if you want one since they are not available with al...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Colonial Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stay at this location every year for Christmas Town... The staff is wonderful...Liz, Sal, James, Anthony, Shawn, all went above and beyond for me and my fiancé. thank you all so much. We NEVER stay anywhere but here. Hotel is clean! I would recommend staying here to anyone who is traveling to Williamsburg or to Bush Gardens only 5mins away. The rooms were great and comfortable! beds were amazing! breakfast was delicious! The entire staff is so friendly!

Pleasant Prairie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Service was excellent, surroundings pleasant. We stayed here during low season and were automatically upgraded from a basic room to a Junior Suite. Only spent one night, but would definitely stay here again.

Mathews, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel was very nice and clean. The front desk staff was great! The food for the dinner was awesome! I would definitely go back. The ONLY thing that was so-so was the size of the bathroom. Good Times!

Powhatan, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Felt welcome as soon as we walked through the door! Quick, easy check in and of course, our chocolate chip cookie. Which was also GREAT to my surprise! We stayed two nights in a King room. CLEAN! Everywhere in the hotel SMELLS CLEAN! Even the elevators! I was impressed! We had come straight from the office and were planning to head out to eat nearby, but the front staff recommended their bar and restaurant. So we dined at the bar. Food was excellent. Service was spotty, but they had the Comedy Club in another room so the wait staff were trying to work two places at once. Saturday morning, again we were heading out for breakfast until we found out they served until noon! Buffet was great and the lady there made me the best omelet! Wide variety food and beverages. Before we left, I was singing a Christmas song with one of the waitresses and another guest! They were that friendly. And when I forgot my bag, they promptly took it to the front desk. Before we left for Busch Gardens, they made sure I got my bag back! Sunday morning the singing waitress who turned in my bag, wanted verification that I got it. Such a great place. Great people. I'll definitely be back! Oh and its only a mile and half from Busch Gardens Williamsburg!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg? Share your experiences!