“A Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Kingsmill Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Williamsburg Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20% - Book Early!
Ranked #20 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Williamsburg, Va., United States
“A Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel was the best home away from home stay I have ever had. I loved it. My daughters (10/13) were equally impressed. They especially loved the cleanliness of the rooms, the indoor/outdoor pool, the comfy mattresses, and the PILLOWS. I have got to get me some of those pillows! The staff was as friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the hotel and its surroundings as possible. I can't say enough positive things about our stay. On a 10 - day vacation, I was on a budget. I could never have afforded their regular rate but I was lucky to get a huge discount online and I'm ecstatic that I did. It's located right next to Busch Gardens, Water Country, and a multitude of restaurants. Go there by all means... enjoy your stay, and your cookie. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Tom C, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We are thrilled that you had a "perfect" experience at our hotel. It's very rewarding when all of the hard work and training that we do is recognized and applauded. I'm glad that your family was able to take advantage of the many different amenities offered onsite. The indoor/outdoor pool is always a welcomed oasis for our guests whether traveling with a family or alone on business. We certainly look forward to your return and thank you for sharing your thoughtful comments.

347 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel staff was excellent. I was there for a conference and was treated very well. The front desk crew made getting set up and organized very easy. The room was a nice size. I had plenty of space to work and be comfortable. I only ate in the cafe but enjoyed the tilapia fingers.

Lenexa, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Definitely just an average hotel. I am a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, and have stayed at hundreds of their properties. The ownership of this property has changed several times in the last 5 or so years. It has been Doubletree for about a month or so. Renovations have been made to the rooms, but some shortcuts seem to have been taken. The rest of the hotel/common areas still appear old (not "good old" though) and needing attention.

Their staffing has a ways to go. We experienced the same as the rating below, where the cleaning staff (a gentleman) just knocked and walked right into our room without hesitation or waiting for a response. Also, some (not all) of the front desk staff certainly appear as if they really don't care about their jobs (or the guests). We learned this because of asking for dining recommendations... AND when I had lost a cell phone, I asked if they had found one, and one lady quickly said no. After a half hour of looking, I learned that it actually was there. Anyway, bottom line is, they need more training.

Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just down the street is Kingsmill and although it is not perfect it is so much better than this hotel. The room had a luxurious bed but the room was musty & stuffy. The A/C made a loud noice (the kind that blows from a box in the room). I called to get a dehumidifier, but none was in the entire hotel. They offered febreeze but I had already done that upon checking in. We were already settled in or could have moved to a different room. The room backed up to trees & was relatively quiet but people kept slamming doors & running up and down the halls. The room had a small fridge, nice touch. They provided water for the coffee maker but on the second day we had to ask from the front desk as the maids did not replenish. I think they are trying but not great. Had I known, I would have liked a room with a balcony. Food from room service was pretty good but forgot jam, creamer, etc. I guess what I would say is to be aware of what the hotel has to offer and ask for it. Oh yes, we had to ask for our newspaper as we are Hilton Honor's members. Maids did not speak English. Less that great overall.

Room Tip: Please the review. Full of tips.
St-Lazare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights in late July 2013. The hotel is very large and the outside grounds are very well maintained.
Check in was very smooth with the person at the counter offering water and cookies upon our arrival. The lobby is very nice and spacious as well. The room (408) was OK but it was dated. It seems like they had put new furniture in the room without updating it. The bathroom was kind of old as well and the AC worked but was noisy and ran 24/7.
The pool was nice as it is indoor/outdoor, but it also needed some TLC. The breakfast was not included in the rate and was $12 per person. Location is great for Busch Gardens and Water Country but is a little far from the area of Williamsburg where all the restaurants are located.
This hotel is being renovated and has a lot of potential, but not quite there yet.

• Stayed July 2013
Hampton, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am a HHonor member and this by far was the worst DoubleTree by Hilton I have ever stayed at. I felt very disrepected and saddened by this stay while on government orders. My WIFE and SON were sleeping when the housekeeping personnel still entered the room without acknowledging himself. The Do Not Disturb sign was clearly on the handle and still he entered the room on my half dressed wife. My room service food was eatable but not good at all. As a retired military vet, I take this stay to be offensive and unexcusable. The RCU in each room is inoperable and was never working during my stay. The front desk staff checked me out early where it clearly stated in my orders the length of time I was going to be residing. This still is really making me reconsider even being a member of the Hilton Honors club. I honestly do not know what could have been done to exceed my expectations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Stony Creek, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I enjoyed my stay better this year for the conference than last year when we stayed at a different hotel in Williamsburg. The staff was very warm and my accommodations were excellent. I would recommend that we return next year for our conference. I just didn't get an opportunity to jump into the pool this time.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg? Share your experiences!