“Followup--more info, same rating” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #55 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Cary, NC
“Followup--more info, same rating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

I had to log in as "sasquatchboo" while I was on the road, but wanted to give a few more details on our recent stay..Yes, this place is a heck of a bargain for the price! It is neat, clean, has wireless, and was a very convenient location. We had microwave and refrigerators, big tv's in each room. (We had two rooms side by side, though they don't have any that connect with an inside door.)

The main caveat I would provide would be to bring earplugs if you are a light to medium sleeper. There is a train that goes by regularly until about midnight, though it doesn't blow it's horn. You also hear the whoosh of traffic. (No car horns.) Also, our second room didn't have a drain plug in the bathtub. My six year old wanted a bath, but had to take a shower. No biggie. Lastly, the beds are very clean and in good condition, but a bit firm. (The pillows are a bit firm too.) Is it a "four-star" hotel? Absolutely not. But my rating of 4 stands: you are getting WAY more than you'd expect for $39 off season, with a truly clean room and amenities.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

I'm sitting here in the Rodeway Inn Williamsburg right now, sending in a review because I am so thrilled that the online reviews were accurate and honest! We got the $39/night rate, which is making our spring break budget much less painful on the way to DC...

Yes, it is an old style "motel", but from the inside you wouldn't know the difference from Days Inn, Holiday Inn, the like. (Except the size of the bathrooms.) It has current decor, no odors, no mildew, no "Ick" factor period. Granted, it is on the highway. We asked for rooms as far off the highway as possible, and I think we'll sleep fine despite the whoosh of noise from cars going by. (No truck horns, anything like that). I guess I'd say bring earplugs if you really want to guarantee silent sleep.

Unless something drastic happens overnight or tomorrow am, I'll let this stand as my review. The web site photos are accurate, it has working wireless, rooms are clean, well decorated, with fridge, microwave, coffee pot and hair dryer. I hope these folks can outlast the economy!

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Harrisonburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

We stayed at this family-run property for a weekend wedding/Busch Gardens getaway. It is an old ‘motor court’ motel, spotlessly clean with all the basics needed in a hotel room, including complimentary soap and shampoo and hair dryer.

Our generously sized non-smoking king room also had a full-sized closet (yes, a closet! With doors!), iron and full ironing board, a table with two chairs, small loveseat, mini-fridge and microwave, and a heating/cooling unit that kept the room toasty on a cold-ish October night. Furniture and décor was somewhat dated or just plain utilitarian, but all well working – and the bathroom appeared to be newly tiled and painted. (When we visited, the pool was closed for the season, so we cannot speak to that. ) Staff is pleasant and very accommodating with information when needed.

Free wireless internet access is not the speediest but does the job – note that if you are not accustomed to seeking and accessing wireless networks independently, you may need to contact the front desk.

Caveats: those who need firmer pillows may wish to bring their own; those needing very firm beds will be disappointed; and light sleepers may be disturbed by the occaisional train noise over the heating unit – tho the tracks are across a five-lane road and behind property on the other side. Anyone wanting more high-end furniture, decor, or other amenities of 'higher-end' accommodations should look elsewhere.

However, if simple overnight rooms are needed, this hotel is an excellent value with a good location near Busch Gardens – we recommend it most highly and will stay here again in the future.

• Liked — great value, great location
  • Disliked — it does not accept pets (we didn't need it to, but be advised)
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Scranton, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

Awesome lodging for the price. The property is updated inside and out. Everything in our room was new right down to the bright, white linens. The room was cleaned perfectly everyday and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was large and had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a hair dryer. The bathroom was updated and very clean. The location is smack between Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. The bathrooms are small and there is a fair amount of street noise from the traffic going by the property. My wife never heard it but it bothered me because I'm a light sleeper. Next time I'll request a room in the rear of the property. My wife and I have encountered nightmare stays at properties owned/operated by foreigners in the past. This is NOT one of those stories. This foreigner operated property does not fall into the typical stereotype of a hotel in disrepair, dirty and smelly. We will stay here again if ever in the Williamsburg area again. BTW...the, pix posted by other travelers, are indeed accurate.

• Liked — Clean and a great price
  • Disliked — Street noise
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!