“Not Family Friendly” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not Family Friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I booked this hotel in 2012 for a family reunion in 2013. I asked for a block of 10 rooms. I was offered complimentary use of the ballroom for the two nights and one day that we were there. A month prior to the reunion I was advised that since we were not using the catering services, they were releasing the ballroom to be used by other parties (no one there but military).The military also took over use of the poolroom. The ballroom was empty with the exception of breakfast.
There was a request for 2 rooms as close to the ground floor as possible that were handicap accessible and adjoining. Why did this group end up on the 7th floor with rooms across the hall from one another!! The family was not placed in close proximity to one another. I reserved two rooms myself and one was on the 2nd floor and the other was on the 4th floor. The person responsible for handling my group booking (Jean) made no metion of the military being at the hotel for a training excercise, but they had been there at least a month prior to my family function. The military acted as if they owned the hotel and were not guests as the rest of us were. They were consistently in the lobby or outside the doors smoking. No matter which entrance you used, you had to walk through groups of them congregating at the doors. I requested use of the picnic area, which was first come, first serve.No problem,... except the tables had been used as ashtrays,...just nasty!
Jean also advised, per my contract that we would be able to book rooms right up until the day of my function. If there were 10 rooms blocked off, why was one of my family members not able to get a room a week and a half prior to the reunion?
My room overall was ok, the bathroom vent looked as if it had not been cleaned in a year and I am not sure what was growing in the faucet for the shower...(looked like mold).
One family member wanted to use the heat, not working. The iron was not working either.

I must say that Kristen was awesome during my check in. I had a family member from CT who arrived at 5am Saturday morning and Krista worked very hard to get her into a room quickly. Robert was helpful and pleasant as well.
Mr Ray Battles...what can I say. This gentleman assisted our family and for his help I am so grateful. We had a family cookout on the hotel grounds and his help made things go much more smoothly.
Our family likes to have a small church service before family members depart for various destinations and he provided a place for this as well.
The entire staff was awesome and all the employees that we encountered (too many to name) were genuinely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ray B, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
thank you for your honest review, we do apologize for some of our short comings. We are glad that we were able to make some adjustments when you were here to make it a better stay for you, we would like to earn your business again in the future, so give me a call we would be honored to have you back and get it all the way right. thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Candler, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The service was great. Robert at the front desk was so helpful. If you want to know where to eat ask him. Everyone was really friendly and the rooms were very clean. They even print out dreiction for you that dont have a gps. I have a family of 4 and if we ever go back we will stay here for sure. Thank you so much for making our stay so wonderful. They also have a childrens play area swings small climbing wall for little children on the set. horse shoes volley ball net and the pool 3 ft. to 5 ft. the breakfast is better than most. eggs, biscuits & gravy, toast, bagles,dandishs,mini muffins, waffles, cereal, fruit, and oatmeal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ray B, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
thank you for your kind words about my staff and our hotel! we try our best to be sure that each and every guest have a memorable experience when they stay with us, that makes us feel that the hard work we put in each and every day is paying off, please, when you come back to visit us, consider us again for your lodging. Thanks again!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two days while visiting Colonial Williamsburg. The lobby looked recently renovated, but the breakfast area and hallways seemed dated. The rooms were average for this type of hotel. One night I saw a large brown bug crawling across the floor in the bathroom. Thankfully, we were checking out the next morning! The hotel is not a close to colonial Williamsburg as we had thought. It was approximately a 15-20 minute drive with traffic each day. The hotel provided a hot breakfast buffet each morning. On our first day, there weren't any issues. Breakfast was available and wasn't half bad. The second day the lobby, hallways, elevators and breakfast area were filled with hundreds of middle school children. There was absolutely no food or seating available. In addition, these children were slamming doors all night long. The hotel did not provide any alternatives or recommendations for breakfast or apologize for not being prepared for a full house. There were so many people packed into the lobby and surrounding areas that there wasn't any staff to check us out! We had to call the main number to ask for a staff member to come to the desk for check out. I would not stay at this hotel again. I think it's more suited to families with small children who are looking for a bargain hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking your time to give us your review, we welcome all reviews good or bad, this is how we get better. I would like to apologize for the issues that you had during your stay and I would like to hear more about them, please give me a call at 757-253-6444, my name is Ray Battles and I am the General Manager, thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here for our trip to Water County and Busch Gardens. Awesome hotel with very curtious employees! Great continental breakfast! It's not just muffins and bagels. They had eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, ect....! We just wanted to change clothes somewhere to get ready to go to the water park because we arrived in the am to make the most of our day, and They let us check in early too!! Thank you! !

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us a great review. We are extremely satisfied that we were able to take care of your needs during your vacation, please tell your friends about us, we really look forward to you visiting us again in the future.
Holland, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at approximately 2 AM after a long drive, only to discover that somehow, they did not have our reservation in the system. Luckily, Mitch B. was there to take care of us. Mitch quickly started getting us entered in, while I called the 1800 number to check if they had me in the system. They did, so Mitch spoke to the woman on the phone to get to the details of the reservation.
The room was clean, comparable to those at Days Inns. Everything worked fine in the room. I didn't really make use of the facilities around the hotel really, but did jump into the pool quickly. It was small, but appeared clean and well kept.
The breakfast provided was slightly better than the ones at other Days Inns I've stayed at within the past year. Hot foods were provided (sausage, eggs- yes they are egg patties, biscuits and gravy) along with the typical mini muffins, pastries, bagels, toast, cereal, I think some fruits maybe apples and oranges. The breakfast area was kept pretty clean and stocked both days, which really meant they had to stay on top of it, as there appeared to be a high school field trip or two, so lots of kids eating lots of foods and making lots of messes.
Speaking of the high school trips, we were not at all disturbed by them at night.
Highway access was very convenient, and even though it was close to the highway, we were not awakened road noise or trucks going by.
Overall, this will probably be my go to place when staying in the Williamsburg area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ray B, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thanks Jen. for the awesome review! Mitch B. is a valued employee of ours and he thanks you for the kindness, we work together as a team to ensure that we put our best foot forward in taking care of our guest. We hope that you will come to visit us again in the near future. Thanks again!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The hotel had many changes since our last years visit, It seemed cleaner, new mattresses, new flat screen TV, and refrig, and microwaves in every room. It is always great pricing, but if you are expecting the Hilton. Its not there 100%, but the staff from check in to check out was great. Our rooms were clean. Now they have breakfast included. Will go back later this summer.

Room Tip: any room is fine
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ray B, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We are so proud that you noticed all the improvements that we have made! Please spread the news about us, and the great things that we're doing at the Days Hotel Busch Gardens Area! We will be honored to have you come back asap! thanks again for your wonderful review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Wonderful service., great rooms and student friendly. Was a great hotel for the money and great location to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. Ideal for a school trip or family vacation. Breakfast in the morning was a real treat with a variety of choices for everyone

• Stayed May 2013
We greatly appreciate your "excellent" review. This to us means that we exceeded your expectations, which is what we strive to do each and every time a guest steps through our doors. We look forward to seeing you, your family and friends in the near future! Thanks a Million!

Been to Days Inn Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Area? Share your experiences!