“What I expected!!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“What I expected!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I was reluctant to stay here based on the reviews, but figured it would be okay to rest my head for one night after shopping and then busch gardens and home. The hotel was what I expected for the cheap price I paid. Again, I wasn't expecting much because of what we paid. The staff at check in was nice, had a small issue with the bill at checkout but it was resolved with little frustration. First, the photo in this picture of the gym is NOT the gym at this hotel. The windows in our room and the gym were filthy. The rooms need to be updated but were clean. The hotel should remove the arcade since most kids have their own game systems.....total waste of space in my opinion. We had breakfast at the hotel to save time. I don't recommend. I doubt if I would go back, but would consider if it's the only hotel around.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Ray B, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
new management please contact us

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I just returned from visiting the week of Aug. 15. The front desk staff was pleasant we arrived early and were given the room keys at about 1:30. The rooms definintely need to be updated, the room and hallway carpets are dirty. The room chairs cushions were dirty I would not sit on the chairs without a TOWEL. We went to breakfast at "KENNY'S" the first morning, it was the Worse experience ever. We placed our order I hear "KENNY" the owner and chef fussing with the waitress about our order. She told us we could have chocolate chips and apples on our waffles. I was told that its .50 for cheese on eggs, .75 for the chips and apples. When I rec'd my food I saw through the kitchen door Kenny toss my plate on the counter, the waffle was SOGGY and the apples were mush (APPLE SAUCE) we paid and left. The HBO channel never worked we had to readjust the cable to clear the picture. The best thing was the location to the parks but as a toss up I would rather travel further than stay here again..................

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
new mangagement please contact me
Winslow, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I purchased the Busch Gardens/Water Country package; I selected this hotel because of the complimentary breakfast and the closeness to the park. This was a mistake because the accommodations were a nightmare. The luxurious pictures shown in the pictures were so deceiving. The double beds were extremely small. The bathroom vanity was in the room so there was no privacy when freshing up. The ice machine and soda machine were broke. I was told I needed to travel to a even floor for ice. Additionally, the smell in the hallways was horrible and the trash outside of the doors was unbelieveable. I would say the most outrageous experience was eating in the hotel restaurant. The servers were so unprofessional. We were given a voucher with the notice "Gratuity not included." That was not the problem. The problem was the waitresses who made it know that their tip was to be left on the table. The only thing was missing was "Flo from Alice" because their service shout out "Kiss my grits." They provided horrible service, but demanded that a tip be left for them. Here is a tip, they need to learn common courtesy and guest will be glad to leave a tip and they will not need to be rude about getting a tip. I was so disgusted about them asking for a tip, the bad service and the bad tasting food, I refused to eat in the restuarants for the last two days of my trip. I preferred to pay for good service.

AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!

Bristow, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

My husband, myself and our two kids (ages 2 and 5) recently stayed here during our visit to Water Country USA, Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. The hotel is located across Rte199 from Water Country USA, however you need to take a roundabout way to get there and well, walking is really not recommended. The hotel itself is just fine as long as you aren't expecting much. We had a King Deluxe room, which has a King bed and a pullout couch with a microwave and a mini-fridge. There is a restaurant downstairs, however we ate there for breakfast and felt the prices were ridiculous.

Room Tip: Go on priceline to get the best rate
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ray B, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
under new management please contact me @ 757-253-6444
Southport, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We chose this hotel because it was so close to the water park and Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. Upon our arrival, we checked in and were assigned a room on the top floor. We took the elevator up and walked out onto the floor - it seemed like it was 100 degrees in the hallway - as the air conditioning was not working. The carpets had filth ground into them and haven't been cleaned in ages. We entered our room and found that there were holes in the walls. We had gotten in fairly late, so we left and ate dinner - we came back, ready for bed and pulled the comforters back off the beds. The blankets were holey and tattered. Again - not sure when they had been washed last. There were no fitted sheets - just top sheets folded around the mattress - so when you pulled the sheets back everything came off - I wrapped my daughter in our beach towels so she would not have to sleep anywhere near the mattress. the air conditioner droned on and off all night making incredible noises and none of us got any sleep. When we got up the next morning, we tried to adjust the air conditioner and a wasp flew into the room from the unit. -
We made it to breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The hostess was amazingly rude and forgot to put the silverware on the table - which we had to ask for, and then it was grudgingly placed on the table. Once we got our food, the eggs were terrible the sausage was ...well, who knows how old it was... and we sent back one plate because the eggs tasted very bad. After a lot of screaming and yelling eminating from the kitchen, the rude hostess came to the table and I quote, told us "I have to tell you and it's really neither here nor there and you can do with it as you want, but the cook said that you were going to have to pay for the food, because you took a bite out of the plate and he thinks that because you ate some of it you have to pay for all of it, I'm just saying..." - ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! - I promptly left the table (mind you we tipped the waitress - felt really sorry for her) and went to the front desk. The manager sighed (guess he's heard this before) and apologized. I then further said that we were checking out immediately and he cancelled the rest of our reservations for the weekend. He was the only one that was halfway pleasant but as a manager - he has control and responsiblity to the running of the hotel. We could NOT get out of there fast enough. Ended up at the Marriott and had a WONDERFUL rest of the weekend.
Don't go by the pictures on their website - it's not nice at all - looks are deceiving and I would NEVER go back there again. Vacationers BEWARE~!!

Gaithersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here once before because it was close to the parks, but after this last experience, we rather drive 30 minutes than to stay here again, travelers beware.

We booked online through their website a king size room, which was extra, but we wanted comfort. When we arrive, we were told there were no king size rooms since they “overbooked”. Our explanation that we had already reserved and paid for the room did little to solve the problem.

The logic we were given was that some guests decided to extend their stay and it easier to keep them in the same room. So in essence check-in guests have priority over those that paid but have not check-in yet.

I work for an online reputation company that helps companies manage their online reputation. I have also have worked in the customer service field for over 10 years. This inadequate handling of business logistics is by far the worst I have seen. I won’t even go into detail on the cleanliness and condition of the rooms, there are plenty of reviews out there for you to consider.

I told the manager I would give an honest yet accurate review of his hotel, to help other travelers and it was not depended on a refund.

The only pros is the proximity to the parks, the cons are everything else including the free breakfast they give you , which you have to wait over an hour to eat.

Room Tip: Don't compromise comfort and cleanliness for proximity to parks
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
new mangement please contact me
nyc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Beds smaller than what I am use to. No micro wave or refrigerator in room. When asked about was told each item could be rented for $10.00 each. this was not told at desk at check-in time. There was no coffee pot in room. Was told they had to "find" one on the second day and third time asking. ask for a wake up call for 6 am which never materalized.
at check out was told I was paying "a safe tax". So I asked tf we had been assigned armed guards and no told me, They said no, it was for the safe in my room to which I replied it probably didn't work either. all the soda vending machines did not work on a Friday night on any floor in the hotel. No continental breakfast in this day and age,

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
new management please contact me

Been to Days Inn Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Area? Share your experiences!