Me and my fiance decided to take a "just us" vacation from NC to VA. Nothing major, just a break away. We wanted to see Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown and then go to Busch Gardens. We were there for a 3 night stay. We found a great deal on the room at Comfort Inn, which is now Days Inn. This happens as businesses get bought out all the time, but it would have been nice to receive an email or notification on the reservation noting both names or something. The check in staff was great, they were very polite and explained the situation. We were understanding with it all. One reason I chose to stay there, was for the indoor pool. We would do some sight seeing then relax by the pool for a bit. One of my complaints, which is petty, is just that. I guess we decided to book the room on the days that the schools did, so the pool was completely taken by 20-30 kids every time we had the opportunity to use it. Not only was the pool taken, but they decided to put the 2 bus loads of kids in rooms close to ours. Now, I am not a complainer as we have 5 kids, but we were trying to get a break away. Our room was right next to the steps, so with that being said, the herd of elephants up and down the steps yelling and screaming (as kids do) was a bit annoying. But nothing that couldn't be tolerable. We just didn't understand why they put everyone that checked in so close together when it was clearly not packed and they had plenty of vacancies. Like I said, I am not a complainer. Overall, our experience was worth it. We will definitely do it again, maybe with more of a preference on room away from everyone. ha ha ha but the staff was great, the room could have used a bit of updating, but it wasn't bad for the price. If you are looking for a great place to eat while you are there, well worth the money and service!!!, try Fireside Chophouse!! Best prime rib and Delmonico steak ever!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area is ideally located near Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens Europe theme park, Water Country USA water park and Williamsburg Pottery Factory. Cities of Jamestown and Yorktown are less than 15 miles. All local restaurants are located within a mile. Newly renovated in May 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Williamsburg Historic Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Comfort Inn Williamsburg
- Comfort Inn Historic Williamsburg Va
- Williamsburg Comfort Inn