“9/7/14” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Richmond, Virginia, USA
“9/7/14”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Absolutely loved the pillows, reading lamps and coordinating cover over the bottom of the beds. One thought for those going in 'nasty' weather ~ there is no interior hall leading to the free breakfast area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Windber, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Friendly staff. Modern style but too heavy on the colors of black, white, red and gray. A bug crawled out of the tub overdrain when I turned the shower on, but it wasn't horrible. The AC unit is loud. The curtains in the breakfast area need washed. Larger pillows would be nice. Surface areas need wiped between guests (desk area and night stand had water marks from glasses) and were dusty.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
GM706, General Manager at Comfort Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us.
LeRoy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was very clean! Bed was comfortable. Nice pool and a short drive to everything! Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Great place to stay a couple of nights for a very good online rate!
Did I say it was CLEAN! Most important thing to me!! Good rate with a free breakfast.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
GM706, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to be able to provide a dependable accommodation for you while visiting the Historic Triangle. Your words of praise will be shared with the team members.
Thank you.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel is old and air conditioning doesn't work well. Sofa in the room looked like it was picked up off the street. Room was clean. Free breakfast was okay except the one day they locked us out from eating breakfast at 850 in the morning. Kind of frustrating. Front desk was no help about it either, their response was "oh, it shouldn't be..."

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We do appreciate your business and are thankful for your willingness to provide us with valuable feedbacks.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed for a week and really don't have any complaints. The location was awesome the staff was very friendly and our room was clean every day with fresh linens. The ac worked awesome even with the 90 degree weather. The indoor pool could use some tlc we used the outdoor pool it was ok. Yes it's an older hotel and no it's not the Hilton or the Hampton but our stay was very comfortable for a week in a hotel we will definitely return

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words. We strive to provide a dependable accommodation and friendly service to each and every guest. We are glad to meet your expectations.
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I brought my kids and two of their friends to Busch Gardens, we stayed at this hotel. It was a problem from the beginning. I had a reservation for 5 people, so I requested a roll away bed. The manager gave me an attitude saying it was a special request, they couldn't guarantee it and wouldn't know until 11am the day I checked in. I explained that if they are going to accept a reservation of 5 people they need to make sure there is enough room for 5 people to sleep. The manager replied, "ma'am, we get families of 5 all of the time and there is no issue, I'm not sure why there is an issue with you right now". On our second night at the hotel, we returned from dinner, within 5 minutes of us being back in the room, a complete stranger walked in my room. I stooped her and the gentleman with her to explain that they just walked into my hotel room. She explained that she just checked in and was given two keys and was told that was her room. I can think of a million scenarios of what could have happened. I brought it to the attention of the front desk staff and the manager and all they could say was I'm sorry, they took no action to right their wrong.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GM706, Manager at Comfort Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I'm concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Connsequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us
Ellicott City, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is older and not well maintained. As a note, some of the rooms are inside but others are accessed from an exterior “hall” that is covered but open to the elements, so the windows of those rooms open to that walkway.
The window privacy blinds? Holes – eight of them, two large enough for a person walking outside our room to stop and do the “peeping Tom” thing to watch the occupants. Upon inspection, someone had scraped away the privacy coating on the plastic so that it was see-through in those spots. I mentioned this to the front desk as something that should be fixed, but they didn’t seem to think it was a problem.
The room itself? Damp and musty smell. Maybe a previous guest had left something wet on the carpeting to mildew, don’t know.
The toilet? My daughter thought it had pee on it when we came in, but an inspection showed that the plastic toilet seat was simply so old that it was literally yellowed with age. In addition, the exterior plastic had worn away in multiple places, exposing the rougher interior core plastic, and the surface layer was curling up and still peeling away from the edges of those spots. Yuck! Folks, $40 dollars for cheap plastic seat at Home Depot and a screwdriver would get you a major upgrade on that bathroom.
Continental breakfast? Pretty much the minimal standard hotel breakfast. However, one of the two individual waffle machines was broken leading to a long line, the toaster was jammed and the Cheerios were so stale as to be inedible. I took a spoonful, then spat it out in the garbage and threw out the rest of the bowl. My kids gave up waiting on waffles. We ate elsewhere. To be fair, we stopped in again the day we left and the waffle machine and toaster had been fixed.
My husband and kids loved Williamsburg, but my son said "We'll stay someplace else next time, right?"

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I'm concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Please be assure that your concerns had been addressed .
Please accept my sincere apology.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us

Been to Comfort Inn Historic Area? Share your experiences!