“Visit to williamsburg” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 80 hotels in Williamsburg
Waterford, Michigan
“Visit to williamsburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great! We thought te indoor pool was heated, but wasn't. The remote for the tv in the room maybe needed new batteries. We really enjoyed out stay in williamsburg at the comfort inn historic area.

Room Tip: TV was hard to turn on. Maybe new batteries or remote.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travelled with my track team for an invitational at Wm and Mary. Great location and close to shopping and a great selection of restaurants for meals. I especially like the breakfast selection at the hotel. After looking over the selection we cancelled our plans to go out for breakfast and decided to eat at the hotel because of selection...there was something for everyone on the team no matter how picky...staff very helpful going the extra mile when we had a special request that they gave an excellent suggestion which we really appreciated

Room Tip: room on the back side seem to be very quiet and not much traffic..perfect for our team
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GM706, General Manager at Comfort Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Curtis,
to receive your kind words of praise
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

At this price I was expecting far less than I got! Immaculate rooms, friendly service. Breakfast was excellent with several protein options along with the usual bagels. A very pleasant surprise after an extremely long day of driving!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GM706, General Manager at Comfort Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Julie N,
Thank you for taking a moment to share with us your experience you had at our hotel! You said it perfect! Your kind words are appreciated! Our location is very prime and located near local attractions and restaurants. Our wonderful staff do all that we can to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable. We look forward to many more visits.
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

As a Choice Rewards member, my wife and I were able to find a great rate for our stay. The hotel is just off the bypass; which makes it a bit quieter, but still close enough to everything. Upon check-in, the front desk staff was nice and welcoming. The room was large, but sadly had no fridge or microwave. I know one of main complaints about hotels is "thin walls." I can saw without hesitation, these were the thinnest walls I've been around. We could easily hear the TV and understand the conversations of the room next to us. We tried to tune it out until it came time to go to bed; but 11pm came and these people didn't want to settle down. I contacted the front desk and requested they call them. We waited 15 minutes or so, and could tell that no call was made. I had to go down to the desk to request a room change, certainly not something I wanted to do this late at night. The attendant was gruff, but helpful and moved us to a room at the opposite end of the hall.

The bed in both rooms was comfortable, and appreciated that they have soft and firm pillows.

This location does offer a free breakfast. We did not partake as we were meeting friends. On the way out, we took a quick glance and saw that it was "normal" continental breakfast fare. I'm sure this would be great for families.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GM706, General Manager at Comfort Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear IvyCoveredWall,
I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention.
Please accept my sincere apology.
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Please be assured that all of the issues you've raised have been addressed, and
that appropriate action has been taken.Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Gloucester, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were looking for a nearby "getaway" and this Comfort Inn was a perfect fit. On-line rate Choice Hotels $40) was awesome, and location was great for historical tours as well as shopping and eating. Room was very clean and well stocked. We enjoyed the typical breakfast with hot and cold choices which were replenished right up to closing time. BTW in winter months, breakfast room has been moved adjacent to lobby rather than the out of the way area by the pool as other reviewers commented. All staff were great! One weird thing -- too much hot water! Our room was obviously hooked directly to main hot water line and you had to let it run a long time to get cold water! Toilet even flushed with hot water! We will definitely return to this CI.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GM706, General Manager at Comfort Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your willingness to share your recent experienced while staying at Comfort Inn Historic Area.
We value each and every guest's opinion. Looking forward to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn Historic Area
Lemvig, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We got a good out of season online rate and had a good one-night stay! Would not recommend it for more days though. It needs an update - not just new layers of paint! The rooms are large, and provide a coffee maker, TV and free wifi. Complimentary breakfast is carb- and sugar loaded. All in all OK for the price! But not more than that!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GM706, Manager at Comfort Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve
WIlson NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The weekend before Christmas, my husband and I decided to take an impromptu trip to Williamsburg, Va to shop, sightsee and relax. I booked our room at this hotel, and hoped for the best. There is another CI just blocks away that is brand new, so after figuring out where we were supposed to be, we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel has just been renovated sometime recently, the staff was very nice, knowledgeable about the area and always smiled. The rooms do not have fridges or microwaves, which was my fault, I am so used to booking at Comfort Suites, I expected that, however, this is a Comfort Inn. The location is GREAT as far as being central to all things. There is an indoor pool, but we never went to see it, nor did we go out in the rain for the breakfast. Rooms are very clean, beds and pillows were comfy, the window casing (the actual piece that holds the glass in) was broken in our room, but it was on the second floor, so nobody could come in through it. Our room was the very last one on the hall, and it was SO nice and quiet. We will stay here for one night trips again!

Room Tip: We had the last room on the 200 hall, it was in a little cove all to itself. I will request that one...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM706, Manager at Comfort Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve

Been to Comfort Inn Historic Area? Share your experiences!