“Fantastic Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Fantastic Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I did not personally stay at the Econo Lodge Colonial in Williamsburg, VA. However, my very elderly parents did stay. They enjoyed it very much. Kudos in particular to the desk staff, who closely watched out for them, and noticed when a particular situation was not right, and immediately sought to correct the situation which could have been dire. All turned out OK because the staff went above and beyond their responsibilities, and we as a family were and are very grateful.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kambala, General Manager at Econo Lodge Colonial, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank for your review. I will convey your acknowledgement of good service to my staff.

Hope to see or your family again so can give you the same or better service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Southcentral PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went on a large family vacation in March to California. We decided to take a 5 day trip to Williamsburg for their homeschool days but didn't want to spend a fortune on hotels since we had already gone on a large family trip this year. I went on Priceline and named my own price and got this hotel for next to nothing! This is the one it came back with. I read the reviews and was crossing my fingers that there were not glitches as the reviews aren't great for the hotel.

We got there late and as soon as I entered a very nice man checked us in. When we got to our room, I checked for bugs in and around the room/sheet folds. Nothing. I looked at the shower and it was spotless and very clean. The hotel is a little older, but it's a budget-friendly hotel and totally serves it's purpose. We weren't there to hang out, we were there for the sights. The owners {assuming they were the owners} were BEYOND nice and helpful! He helped with directions and, I assume it was the wife and she always had a smile every time I saw and talked to her. We got to swim in the pool, which the kids loved! Breakfast was a light continental breakfast, as advertised. I would recommend it if you are looking for a budget-friendly hotel in Williamsburg.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kambala, General Manager at Econo Lodge Colonial, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for recent stay with us. We are glad you found a nice clean , BUG free room.
Your feedback is important to us.

Once again thank for staying with us.
Washington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Arrived at this place because travel agent made a mistake on my reservation and had no choice but tonstay there was not happy about that long story short we had to shorten our stay one day due to a bad storm that took out the power, I had to checkout because I had 2 small kids with me and no power.
I called the desk to ask if they had any idea when the power would be restored and was told they had no idea that the storm was an act of god and if i wanted to check out leave that's all that's it. They would not even consider charging for the one night they charged a full rate and let me say this if you plan to go to williamsburg I strongly suggest that you do not stay there it is the worst place ever, and it smells bad as well as very out dated don't dare sleep under the bed spread or walk on the carpet without shoes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kambala, Manager at Econo Lodge Colonial, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay.
Let me clarify first during the storm last weekend we had a free cancellation policy. Meaning no charges to cancel and we offered to accommodate guest at other hotels.Guests who opted to stay had a complimentary night stay.
Also note during a major power outage the hotels is limited in services that we would give during regular operations.

Please if you have a more issues then the above mentioned . please contact the manager and we gladly address them.

We had a lot of compliments from guest who stayed who said that did our best in a difficult situation.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for one night while we toured Colonial Williamsburg. The room was musty and smelled like cigarettes, even though it was a non-smoking room, but it was bigger than we expected. We had booked double beds, but there were actually three beds in our room. Fridge and microwave a plus. Bathroom looked old and had a funky smell, but the tub looked clean. Coffee and cereal were part of their free breakfast.

For the $52 we spent, it was totally fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest.

Thank you for stay with us and your comments.

We look forward to see you again.
Delaware, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We arrived late Thursday night and were still greeted with a smile. We recieved a non smoking room on the inside portion of the hotel. I forgot to print my ticket I had purchased online for Water Country USA and they were kind enough to let me pull it up on their computer and print it out. Our stay was great we had comfy beds, the pillows weren't comfy but walmart was close by and I needed new pillows any way. We came back from being at both Water Country and Busch Gardens and it was nice to have a good night sleep without hearing loud noises above us or next door. The air conditioner was a little noisey but it helped with doors closing outside. Overall i would recommend this hotel to others because its affordable and well kept.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kambala, General Manager at Econo Lodge Colonial, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank your comments about your stay with us. We always strive to better our service to our guest
and will take note of suggestions to do just that.

Once again thank you for staying with us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on 071213 and as soon as we began to unpack i plugged a universal canon camera charger into a general outlet and i was electrocuted and the outlet caught on fire. I immediately notified the owner, who placed the blame on me and actually wanted us to continue our stay in this unsafe room. He finally moved us but not without ample complaining from us (our kids could have gotten shocked. We prefer to clean our own rooms bc we have had hotel staff steal from us before and two times ojt of my week long stay i needed towels and extra pillows. The hotel claims to have front desk service 24hrs yet the owner locks the door and hides in the back after 11pm. When i asked for pillows he hassled me, when my 12yr old daughter went for clean towels she was hasseled. I called priceline to complain about the owner. They contacted him and he replied with a bunch of lies claiming we were the problem. Worst motel exp i have ever had! Dirty showers, bugs (not sure what kind but plenty, staff that does not speak english (or uninteligable), slimy pool with no lifeguard, rude lying mean owner, breakfast tasted like old stale bagels. Overall just stay anywhere but here! Much nicer hotels the same distance or even closer to busch gardens and water country U.S.A

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your input about your stay.
Suffice to stay your matter was answered in a response to Booking .Com.
If you need a copy we gladly forward it to you.

Once again thanks for choosing to stay with us.
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here all weekend from Friday till Sunday. We were very pleased, nice room and very quite. We even had pizza delivered with no problem. The room was clean and a good size. We were right in front of the pool in non smoking room. We will be back and will tell family n friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kambala, General Manager at Econo Lodge Colonial, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Very glad that you found the room to your satisfaction. We strive to keep each guest the best
experience possible at our lodge.
Thank you for your stay and comments.

Been to Econo Lodge Colonial? Share your experiences!