“Poor service and bad attitudes from front desk staff” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #49 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Washington, Virginia
“Poor service and bad attitudes from front desk staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Arrived at this place because travel agent made a mistake on my reservation and had no choice but tonstay there was not happy about that long story short we had to shorten our stay one day due to a bad storm that took out the power, I had to checkout because I had 2 small kids with me and no power.
I called the desk to ask if they had any idea when the power would be restored and was told they had no idea that the storm was an act of god and if i wanted to check out leave that's all that's it. They would not even consider charging for the one night they charged a full rate and let me say this if you plan to go to williamsburg I strongly suggest that you do not stay there it is the worst place ever, and it smells bad as well as very out dated don't dare sleep under the bed spread or walk on the carpet without shoes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kambala, Manager at Econo Lodge Colonial, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay.
Let me clarify first during the storm last weekend we had a free cancellation policy. Meaning no charges to cancel and we offered to accommodate guest at other hotels.Guests who opted to stay had a complimentary night stay.
Also note during a major power outage the hotels is limited in services that we would give during regular operations.

Please if you have a more issues then the above mentioned . please contact the manager and we gladly address them.

We had a lot of compliments from guest who stayed who said that did our best in a difficult situation.

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for one night while we toured Colonial Williamsburg. The room was musty and smelled like cigarettes, even though it was a non-smoking room, but it was bigger than we expected. We had booked double beds, but there were actually three beds in our room. Fridge and microwave a plus. Bathroom looked old and had a funky smell, but the tub looked clean. Coffee and cereal were part of their free breakfast.

For the $52 we spent, it was totally fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest.

Thank you for stay with us and your comments.

We look forward to see you again.
Delaware, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We arrived late Thursday night and were still greeted with a smile. We recieved a non smoking room on the inside portion of the hotel. I forgot to print my ticket I had purchased online for Water Country USA and they were kind enough to let me pull it up on their computer and print it out. Our stay was great we had comfy beds, the pillows weren't comfy but walmart was close by and I needed new pillows any way. We came back from being at both Water Country and Busch Gardens and it was nice to have a good night sleep without hearing loud noises above us or next door. The air conditioner was a little noisey but it helped with doors closing outside. Overall i would recommend this hotel to others because its affordable and well kept.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kambala, General Manager at Econo Lodge Colonial, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank your comments about your stay with us. We always strive to better our service to our guest
and will take note of suggestions to do just that.

Once again thank you for staying with us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on 071213 and as soon as we began to unpack i plugged a universal canon camera charger into a general outlet and i was electrocuted and the outlet caught on fire. I immediately notified the owner, who placed the blame on me and actually wanted us to continue our stay in this unsafe room. He finally moved us but not without ample complaining from us (our kids could have gotten shocked. We prefer to clean our own rooms bc we have had hotel staff steal from us before and two times ojt of my week long stay i needed towels and extra pillows. The hotel claims to have front desk service 24hrs yet the owner locks the door and hides in the back after 11pm. When i asked for pillows he hassled me, when my 12yr old daughter went for clean towels she was hasseled. I called priceline to complain about the owner. They contacted him and he replied with a bunch of lies claiming we were the problem. Worst motel exp i have ever had! Dirty showers, bugs (not sure what kind but plenty, staff that does not speak english (or uninteligable), slimy pool with no lifeguard, rude lying mean owner, breakfast tasted like old stale bagels. Overall just stay anywhere but here! Much nicer hotels the same distance or even closer to busch gardens and water country U.S.A

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your input about your stay.
Suffice to stay your matter was answered in a response to Booking .Com.
If you need a copy we gladly forward it to you.

Once again thanks for choosing to stay with us.
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here all weekend from Friday till Sunday. We were very pleased, nice room and very quite. We even had pizza delivered with no problem. The room was clean and a good size. We were right in front of the pool in non smoking room. We will be back and will tell family n friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kambala, General Manager at Econo Lodge Colonial, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Very glad that you found the room to your satisfaction. We strive to keep each guest the best
experience possible at our lodge.
Thank you for your stay and comments.
Stem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is an older hotel and it isn't a bad place to stay, it was clean but the last night we were there I woke in the morning to find a bed bug crawling across my arm.
I realize this is a problem in a lot of hotels no matter their star ratings...
But that wasn't very pleasant.
And yes I did do some looking under the mattress and sheets before I stay anywhere..
I think I missed them in the comforter though... after squashing the one on my arm I found a second one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kambala, Manager at Econo Lodge Colonial, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for input regarding your stay with.
When the comment was posted we had our exterminator check all of our rooms. NOTHING was found. Since that time in February and current time NO reports have been reported or found by us.

Thank you for your review since your inputs help us identify problems.
We always welcome comments and suggestions to better a guest experience at our lodge.
King, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting Colonial Williamsburg. Our room was reasonably priced, clean, and comfortable. The staff was extremely nice and helpful, and the location was very convenient. A great place to sleep while sight seeing in Williamsburg.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kambala, General Manager at Econo Lodge Colonial, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your response. We are pleased you give high marks to the our value.

Hope to see you in summer. The pool is now open.

Been to Econo Lodge Colonial? Share your experiences!