“Most of the other reveiws are right” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #45 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Cortlandt Manor, New York
“Most of the other reveiws are right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I went to Williamsburg with my family for a vacation in August. It was very reasonably priced, clean, quiet and very close to all the action. Don't stay here expecting it to be a "Resort". It's a place to rest your head. They had a small pool that looked OK, but we just never had time to use it. The only thing I could possibly grip about was the small selection of breakfast choices. You had 2 kinds of cereals, 2 kinds of bread for toast and 2 kinds of muffins and of course coffee and juice. Simple but sufficient. But after a couple of days there something different would have been nice. And when all is said and done, I would definitely stay here again, if I returned to the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Big Island, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We recently stayed at the Econo Lodge Colonial for two nights. The price was one of the lowest in Williamsburg and the location is convenient. After reading the reviews, I expected a little more. The rooms need some updating. The bed was really uncomfortable; I hate those thin bedspreads. There was also a stain on my top sheet that matched perfectly with the sheet below it, leading me to believe the sheets had not been washed before we arrived. Maybe I'm wrong. Having a refrigerator and microwave was nice. Giving this hotel a 2-star rating would seem harsh because this could be average for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Danville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were only going to be in Williamsburg for the weekend and were on a budget. While we like nice hotels, we didn't feel the need to spend a lot of money this time since we weren't planning on being in the hotel that much (Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Premier Outlet shopping). I've been visiting the Williamsburg area for 20+ years and have stayed in my fair share of hotels all across the area. It was between this Econo Lodge and the Rhodeway Inn Historic which is just around the corner. Both offered the same thing and for the same price but this had better reviews which helped make the decision easier (I'm sure the Rhodeway Inn is a nice hotel too and might try that in the future). This hotel is in a good location that is just off the main road of Second Street. Within walking distance is Second Street Restaurant and Colonial Pancake House (we ate at both and highly recommend Second St. Restaurant). The front desk clerk was accommodating when we asked for a quiet room. The room is an average hotel room. Nothing fancy. The king bed was a bit on the hard side. It was hot and humid all weekend and we put the A/C to good use. It ran constantly and never let up. The mini-fridge and microwave in the room was extremely nice when it came to our leftovers from Second Street Restaurant. The continental breakfast was somewhat average; donuts, cereal, and toast with coffee and juice. Colonial Williamsburg is only 5-10 mins away depending on what part you visit first. Only about 10-15 min drive to Busch Gardens (almost a straight shot).

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side (facing west) seemed to be quieter than ones on the front side or near the po...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bishopville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Staywd for 3 nights with my kids while visiting Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and Water country. Hotel is located well to attractions and it was nice to have a fridge and microwave in room! The kids loved the pool and the room was pretty clean - although they may want to invest in some bleach to remove stains I saw in the sheets and towels!

• Stayed August 2012
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have stayed at this location twice and were very pleased with the quality for the price. It is conveniently located to Colonial Williamsburg, clean and affordable. The beds are comfortable and you also get a continential breakfast. The staff could be a little more talkative but they are quiet and keep to themselves. They are not rude and if you ask for anything or the same room they try to accommodate you. We are planning to stay there again this fall.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights while visiting Williamsburg. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioner was noisy the first night but was quiet by the second night and the room temperature was good. It was short drive to Williamsburg (less than 10 minutes). As with all Econo Lodges the continental breakfast was 2 types of cereal and a few muffins. It was served our purpose and was pretty inexpensive.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hinton,WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I just checked out today. When we first entered the smoking room it did not even smell like it and I don't smoke!!!! So trust me I know the smell, because only one person in our party smoked. However, with the respect for my small child my father did not even smoke in the room. If you are looking for a view this isn't the place, but if you want nice people who care, help, provide, a pool, and cleanliness THEN THIS IS YOUR BEST PLACE!!! I am very particular when it comes to my child on cleanliness and location. My dirt is my dirt and shared dirt is not. Put it this way I brought outlet covers and lysol incase I felt the need to use either. Of course I used the outlet covers because of my child,but I did not feel the need to use the lysol. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean! The massive counter space at the sink was awesome!!! The location is off of Capital Landing, which is a main drag for tourists so this is one of the main reasons I chose it. The pool was nice and there was nobody ever in it so we always had it to ourselves. They even have towels for the pool!! They have a breakfast room with continental breakfast. The rate was perfect. There was hardly anybody here and the room did not let any sound in. We had a room with a door leading to the other room, but there was a deadbolt on it and I believe that they do not give rooms to people where there will be somebody else on the other side because it seemed that way to us. However, do not let that deter you from this nice motel. The front desk even let us check in early!!!!! Can you believe that? They even gave us some info on some of the places around and posted the weather daily. Real hospotality!!!! Also, as for bed bugs or anything like that I always check when I go to motels. I give this place a clean bill.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family