“Room 125” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Hinton,WV
“Room 125”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I just checked out today. When we first entered the smoking room it did not even smell like it and I don't smoke!!!! So trust me I know the smell, because only one person in our party smoked. However, with the respect for my small child my father did not even smoke in the room. If you are looking for a view this isn't the place, but if you want nice people who care, help, provide, a pool, and cleanliness THEN THIS IS YOUR BEST PLACE!!! I am very particular when it comes to my child on cleanliness and location. My dirt is my dirt and shared dirt is not. Put it this way I brought outlet covers and lysol incase I felt the need to use either. Of course I used the outlet covers because of my child,but I did not feel the need to use the lysol. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean! The massive counter space at the sink was awesome!!! The location is off of Capital Landing, which is a main drag for tourists so this is one of the main reasons I chose it. The pool was nice and there was nobody ever in it so we always had it to ourselves. They even have towels for the pool!! They have a breakfast room with continental breakfast. The rate was perfect. There was hardly anybody here and the room did not let any sound in. We had a room with a door leading to the other room, but there was a deadbolt on it and I believe that they do not give rooms to people where there will be somebody else on the other side because it seemed that way to us. However, do not let that deter you from this nice motel. The front desk even let us check in early!!!!! Can you believe that? They even gave us some info on some of the places around and posted the weather daily. Real hospotality!!!! Also, as for bed bugs or anything like that I always check when I go to motels. I give this place a clean bill.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed in this hotel due to its proximity to Colonial Williamsbug. However, we were shocked to see a live, crawling, huge, 3-inches long cockroach in our room!! Carpet was very dirty,old; room had a musty, moldy smell; insect under the bed sheets; a/c took too long to cool. Definitely would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kambala, General Manager at Econo Lodge Colonial, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Guest

For our motel to have as big cockroaches as you describe is impossible. We have certified pest control every month.
No such insect activity has been EVER reported.We do take of our motel maintenece
very deligently.
Thank you for your input.
Washington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The room was clean and the hotel was quiet. The bathroom is very small, but the shower had an extended curtain and nice shower head. The TV was very old and TV reception was awful. Breakfast was very disappointing! Breakfast options consist of only muffins, bread and cereal, with a toaster and microwave for preparation. The breakfast room is also very small and seats only 12 at capacity.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Room and bathroom were clean. Bathroom was a little small and the shower curtain was very thin. Water basically dripped through the curtain and ran down mostly back into the tub but some onto the bathroom floor. Air conditioning was excellent. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was disappointing. It was basically toast, cereal, muffins, apple juice, orange juice, coffee. I may have gotten my hotel reviews confused but I thought there would be a waffle maker =)

Oh and location to Busch Gardens / Water Country was great

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Key Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I loved the little continental breakfast and even though pool was freezing cold - LOVED IT!!!!!!! Very convenient to Colonial WIlliamsburg!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

Very clean room, people were friendly, nice location

• Stayed June 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights on our way to the Outer Banks. This hotel exceeded our expectations in all areas and was much more than we had dared to hope for. The spacious room was VERY clean, as was the bathroom. The bedding on the king-sized bed was extremely clean and fresh (the quality was definitely above a level found in hotels anywhere close to this price point). Location is excellent. Having a clean microwave and under-counter sized fridge (not micro) was a nice plus. The breakfast was pretty limited, but the quality of the items made us more than satisfied with it. If we are in the Williamsburg area in the near future, this will definitely be where we stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in building where office is enter from hall; others have only outside doors.