“close to colonial williamsburg, not bad, but not great either...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   119 Bypass Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“close to colonial williamsburg, not bad, but not great either...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

After spending a long hot day at colonial williamsburg with our 3 children, to find this hotel so close was quite the relief. Desk manager was courteous and quickly got us our keys. However, after getting the key, we walked to our room and found the hotel strangely empty, especially for an economic hotel so close to the city's main attraction. Entering the room, it was a bit warm, but the AC worked great and cooled it fast. However, after spending about 10 minutes in the room we could see that this room had been empty for a while because there was dust everywhere! That said, the beds were great and very comfortable! We slept well!

In the morning, the breakfast was pretty good, though it seemed that the waffle mix was not mixing together well as it came out looking a bit strange...

All in all, not a bad stay and definitely a good price. The hotel could probably do a bit better of a job planning for it's guests as entering a warm room (in the summer) and finding dust everywhere is not exactly what someone wants to see when they enter their room for the 1st time.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having spent more than a few nights in Choice Privliges motels I had no high expectations on my save-a-dollar trip to Williamsburg. I should have known that in that environment even a step down can become a pleasant experience.
The unit is neat, clean, and we'll run. The room was clean, the beds new and comfortable.
My only suggestion would be for a non carb breakfast alternative. Atkins doesn't allow for waffles.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Vinny R, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
Thanks for staying with us for your three day williamsburg visit.
I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.We make sure to improve our breakfast variety by addiing non carb breakfast alternative too.

thanks.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is by far the best Econo Lodge I have ever stayed at and normally I tend to stay at comfort inn's. Spent a long day at Busch gardens and didn't want to drive the 4 hours home with a screaming 2 & 3 year old. I loved the rooms. This hotel knocked down walls between rooms and made each room the size of two hotel rooms giving you a private living room. There are two bathrooms in each room as well which helped speed up checkout because both adults could shower at the same time. The room was clean, the wifi worked well, and despite having about 10 teenagers in the room next door, we never heard a sound. I did request a downstairs unit because my 3 year old is special needs and had zero problems with this request. The pool was not opened yet for the season so I have no review to give there.

Breakfast bar had cinnamon rolls, cereals, juices, two waffle makers, bagels, and a few assorted muffins. I did wish they had sausage or bacon, but I had a waffle and a banana and was fine.

The property was kept immaculate and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. I used my points so I had a free night stay, but I would recommend this room to anyone.

Stayed April 2015
Dear guest,Thank you for taking the time to give your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town

Passaic, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015

We took two rooms. Both were neat and clean but had a danky smell. We put on the a/c to mitigate it but kids were kind of disappointed. Location is great and price is reasonable, but would not stay there again due to smell.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Vinny R, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg, responded to this review, April 11, 2015
Dear Guest,
First of all thanks for giving us your thoughts about your recent stay at our hotel.We are glad to know that you like our location.and rooms were neat and clean
But It was very disapponting for us to know that the room was smelly. And we do appologized for that. The only thing I would like to say if you would notify us promply we could change the room for you quickly. But any way we are extremly sorry for the inconvinence you had at your stay. I will notify are house keeping department to rectify this kind of issue properly.
thanks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

Room clean and OK. Wi-Fi in lobby OK, but weak signal made it useless in room. Breakfast meagre; no fruit; no egg; no bacon; no sausage. I think management economizes just a tad too much.
I reserved thru Expedia, and paid more than the rate posted for my room at the hotel; no rebate possible.

All in all, a very average and forgettable experience.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Vinny R, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg, responded to this review, April 3, 2015
Dear Guest,
First of all thanks for choosing our hotel for your williamsburg stay. We are glad to hear that you liked our room and amenities but for WI- FI if you could draw our attention earlier we could resolve the issue right away. Aculally it's only needed to refresh the router. Anyway we do applologized for that.For the beakefast I have consulted our attendent to pay more attention makeing the breakefast more fuller.For Expedia ,it is third party reservation so we do not have any control on priceing so sorry we could not help it.there.
Well over all I see it wasn't the pleasant experience for you at our hotel for that we are extremly sorry and we promise to make our service more better and efficient on your future visits. thanks for everything and look forward to see you soon.
thanks
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2015

I had wrote a review regarding funds not being rerurned to me. But I must say the manager at 119 Bypass Rd in Williamsburg VA was so nice. He made sure that I was reimburse. He even called me to make sure everything was token care of. I greatly appreciate Him being patient with me. I was upset and yelling and he still was patient with me. Thank you so much for making sure my son and I did not get stuck in VA.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Vinny R, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg, responded to this review, April 7, 2015
Dear guest,
I am so thankful to you for your understanding and the trust you had on us and our hotel's reputation. By expressing your thought about the entire situation that we could serve you well and could help you at your real needy time, Its give us a great satisfaction.Yes it was some credit card glitch but I am glad that we could sort it out quick .Thanks for your kind words . Hope to see you again and again.
thanks.
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

Actually this lodging would be rated better but for the 3 hours it took for the room to warm up. I finally realized that there was a spot next to the ac/heating unit where cold air was coming in from outside. I wedged a towel in the sport to stop the air and the room got warmer. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean. Breakfast was above Econo Lodge standards. Would probably stay again but would first check out the ac/heating unit

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Vinny R, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 7, 2015
Dear Guest,
First of all thanks for selecting our hotel for your williamsburg visit.
We do valued the feedback you have given for our hotel .We also appriciate that you had express your thoughts regarding the experience you had at your stay. We heartily apologized for the inconvinence you had due to your room could not get warmer that it supposed to be. I already have consulted our maintainanace department to fix the issue . Again thanks for being our guest and we promise to serve even better at your future visits. Look forward to see you soon.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Thanks

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg? Share your experiences!