“Beyond satifaction” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   119 Bypass Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #44 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
“Beyond satifaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Family vacation: After reading all these reviews I was scared to come but after speaking with Vinny mngr he put my mind at ease bit I still had worries coming but after I checked in the room was not like anything people had said, my bathroom is clean, my room is clean, the beds & pillows are perfect, EVERYTHING is perfect. Thank you to Vinny & staff for my stay here you made it a pleasent vacation.

• Stayed August 2014
Vinny R, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,
First of many thanks for choosing and trusting our hotel for your williamsburg vacation.I really appriciate your time and your kind words about the experience you had at our hotel.
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your kind words will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Holts Summit, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent a week at this hotel and most of the reviews and perceptions of this hotel are true. The rooms r convenient with pull out couch, microwave and refrigerator and two separate sinks. Somewhat outdated and worn out. The breakfast sucked and the breakfast attendant sucked even more. My husband used a Styrofoam cup to get juice and the attendant informed him those are only for coffee and pointed out at a pill cup. My son warmed up a roll in the microwave and the attendant came running over telling him not to use it cause the microwave and toaster cannot be used together cause of short. Anyone that gets food from the dining area is forbidden to take food out of the room. Attendant will run after you for that. The attendant had not washed his apron in I don't know how long, with batter all over it and he wore the same apron next day cause the same slop was on it. The air unit had cereal all in it and the tables had food and crumbs on them. We had enough and ate elsewhere the remaining days of our stay. Overall just a place to shower and sleep

• Stayed August 2014
Vinny R, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,
Thanks for choosing our hotel for your one week Williamsburg vacation. We really appreciate your business and your concern about the incontinences you had at your stay. I am extremely sorry to hear about the breakfast attendant behavior. But we do have policy not to carry out breakfast from dinning area. And we do have several signs in the dinning hall too.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We needed a place for a spur of the minute Busch Gardens weekend trip-and our preferred hotels were sold out. We paid $99/night for a room with 2 double beds and a sofa bed/couch. Pros: free Wifi, the staff was friendly and guests were too. Our room had a decent sized refrigerator and a microwave (ours didn't work), and the self serve breakfast waffles were good. The breakfast attendant also did a great job replenishing the food and cleaning up. Cons: the room was dark and humid, the carpet was kind of damp, it wasn't particularly clean, and the plugs were too loose to plug in our phone chargers. Ordinarily being walking distance to Dairy Queen is a plus, but this time not so much. We were treated to a Birdseye view of 2 hookers outside DQ picking up clients and bringing them back to our hotel from the time we woke up until long after we went to bed. Very surreal.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Room 226, toilet clogged upon arrival, shower curtain looked like a petri dish for mildew cultivation, shower not clean and slow draining. Picked up the phone to notify the front desk and it didn't work either. I had to walk to the front desk to express my distaste. I write this review while I wait for them to arrive to address these issues in a room that should have been out of service.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to give your thoughts regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the cleanliness of the bath room on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our house keeping depratment to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Williamsburg
Rocky Mount, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I arrived at the hotel at 12:30 am after spending the day with my family at Busch Gardens and grabbing dinner. The front desk clerk could not find my confirmed reservation. He stepped into a room behind the front desk and out came a disheveled man in his pajamas. This man/manager informed me that my reservation had been cancelled. Furthermore, all the rooms were booked and he told me to leave. So my husband, my two young sons (ages 7 and 9) and I had to start driving around at 1 in the morning trying to find a hotel that was not booked. We were lucky enough to snag the last room at Days Inn. They were great at Days Inn and could not believe our experience that night. I followed up with Choice Hotels (my reservation was made through Choice.com a representative of the hotel) customer relations to file a complaint. I received a poorly written apology from the manager. I was not satisfied with this and contacted Choice Hotels customer relations again. They told me there was nothing they could do and I would need to contact the hotel directly. I informed them that the manager was rude and unprofessional and I preferred not to deal with him directly. I do not recommend this Econo Lodge or any other Choice Hotel based on my experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Karen,
First of thanks for choosing our hotel for your williamsburg stay.We really appreciate your business. And we do valued you as all our equally honored guest.
Let me explain the situation what happened that night. we have 24 hours cancellation
policy . so if your credit card decline at your arrival date your reservation become a not guaranteed reservation. So first thing we tried to reach the guest by phone /email see if they can provide us a credit card with enough fund. we did try to contact you but their was no reply from you until you show up at 12.30 a.m.And we were all sold out that day as it was a very busy summer weekend. And when we were sold out hotel manager don't have any option left.
I hope you understand that and will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
thanks
Tobyhanna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My family stayed their from July 21 thru the 24
We enjoyed the stay rooms we're clean n decent it needs a bit of up keep but the beds were great showers / bathroom were clean witch is important this is perfect for the family who will be out all day come back to rest , the place is close enough to a Dairy Queen miniature golf wich we enjoyed allot

• Stayed July 2014
Vinny R, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for choosing our econolodge inn & suites for your three night family vacation stay .We really appreciate your comments for our services and amenities of the hotel. We are glad to see that you also like the location of our property and we do appreciate your kind words. thanks. Looking forward to see you soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My grandson and I had a two bed room on the first floor for two nights while we visited Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown, and Jamestown. Ever-present, ever-pleasant Vinny was at the front desk both for check-in and check-out and to provide us with help finding places to eat. We found two restaurants, both of which were nearby. Rocco’s Bar-b-que had excellent fare, as did the Kyoto, a sushi and teppanyaki restaurant.

The room was of ample size and was very clean as were the linens. Housekeeping came in while we were out and cleaned and made the beds. Two comfortable chairs were provided at a large (5 ft) round table. There were adequate spare electrical outlets to use 2 tablets, 2 laptops, and to charge our 2 phones. The WiFi internet service was not very fast (just under 2 mbps download speed as measured at bandwidthplace.com), but seemed to be adequate to stream Video from Netflix and YouTube. We didn’t use the TV.

All in all, we had a pleasant experience at a property which is an excellent value. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest. Thank you for taking the time to give your thoughts regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

WE are very thankful for choosing our hotel for your Williamsburg vacation. We are glad to hear that you really have enjoyed your stay.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Williamsburg? Share your experiences!