“A great place to seek solace from the storm.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #47 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Williamsburg, Virginia
“A great place to seek solace from the storm.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

My family and I are Williamsburg residents, so we've never been bothered to look around these parts for good hotel accomodations. However, all that changed when a huge storm knocked out our power, leaving us searching for a decent shelter for the night. we were so fortunate to find such an outstanding hotel with convenient prices in our own little community. Justin and Josh at the front desk were so nice and friendly. The rooms were beautiful and clean and the beds were surprisingly comfy - better than the ones at home. I slept like a baby while my grandchildren had fun in the arcade and pool. In the morning we decided to eat breakfast in the dining room and were not disappointed! The food was delicious and hot. The servers and cook: Sheron, Diana and D were a breath of fresh air and embodied true southern hospitality. The family had such a wonderful experience. Kudos to the Holiday Inn - Patriot, it truly exceeded our expectations and we recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Randallstown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I was here for a family reunion and was totally abhorred with the experience. The floor in the room had stains through out. I would not walk on the floor with my bare feet. There was an outlet without a cover plate, which pose a safety hazard. The room should have had two black out curtains for the night privacy there was only one. So we didn't have complete privacy. The bathroom exhaust fan didn't work and the odor of the other hotel guess came into the room, we kept the door closed to help ourselves. The napkin holder was rusted on the inside and out which didn't give us much comfort. The shower curtain was missing the inner vinly curtain which is commonly placed inside the tub and the outter curtain would be on the outter face of the tub. Maybe they didn't have any that was clean enough to install. All and all this place is a s*** hole don't WASTE YOUR MONEY IN THIS PLACE!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Woodbine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

Place was perfect....safe, clean & comfortable place to sleep. We never used the pool or anythng else there. When you are gone all day with activities...that is all you really need is a nice clean and comfortable room, bed & refrigerator/coffee maker. Through Expedia....$52 + taxes per night. Select 3 star hotels. Then go for price AND then you are told the hotel. Rates on the hotel's website were double that!
Grab a breakfast to go from McDonalds, just down the road, and coupon on side of bag gives you $5 or $10 off depending on the day of the week to Busch Gardens or Water Country.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Portsmouth, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

This hotel didn't have many thrills for the expensive price that I paid to stay there. The televisions are old. The elevators are old. The food was awful and way overpriced! The eggs were runny and the grits were hard. I thought Holdiay Inns were very high quality hotels. This hotel was nice. The beds were firm. But I was not too impressed. I would expect more from a room that costed over $116! There was no iron board in the room. If you want a very nice hotel in Williamsburg that is not too expensive, then stay in the Hampton Inn which is a few blocks away.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

We got a great rate for 2 nites on this hotel thru Hotwire. We arrived at noon,our room was ready and were able to check-in.

Our room was on the 3rd floor, around the side. When entering the hotel there was a little funky smell, but our room was fine. Everything looked clean and it was nice and cool. The beds were comfortable and we slept well, no noise.

This hotel was afew minutes drive from all of the attractions and there were many restaurants close. There was a shopping outlet as well as a Yankee Candle store afew blocks away.

The Guest Relations Agents at the front desk were very friendly and efficient.
We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Gloucester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

The Holiday Inn Patriot in Williamsburg, VA is the perfect place if you are looking for a family friendly hotel to hold your family reunion. The staff is great and eager to help. They listen to your ideas and even offer suggestions from personal experiences. The Holiday Inn Patriot’s amenities surpassed my expectations. They offered an indoor and outdoor pool, game area for the young at heart (I found myself making faces in front of the carnival style mirrors). The in house restaurant served up a variety
of foods for every palate, and the lounge extended warmth for those family members who were seeking a safe adult atmosphere. The refrigerator and microwave came in handy when family members chose to have a late night snack and the in house fitness center also came in handy for those who became guilty because they ate that light night snack. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable and the banquet ballroom was breathtaking. On behalf of my family and me, we would like to THANK the staff at the Holiday Inn Patriot for a WONDERFUL FAMILY REUNION.

• Stayed August 2010
Elkridge, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

After staying in the Super 8 up the street last week, I was so disapointed with the breakfast at that hotel that I decided to stay at the Holiday Inn this week. I am so sorry that I did. Holiday Inn is usually a great place to stay and I always love the breakfast.
This time however was not so good. There were dogs barking that kept me from sleeping. When I finnally started slepping good in the morning the maid knocked on my door at 9:00 am to ask me what time will I be checking out !!!!!!!! I told her at check out time!!!!
I then went down stairs to get the breakfast, which was the reason I decided to stay there, and the door to the eating area was locked. After knocking several times with no response, I went back to my room to check the hours that breakfast was to be served. It was 6 am to 9:35 am. I then went to the front desk and asked why the breakfast room was closed and I was told that breakfast is over at 9:35. I informed the young man there that it was currently 9:25 and I tried to get in there 10 minutes ago. The young man replied; "Well she told me it was 9:35 and that she had to leave to go to her other job".
I travel constantly. All I want is a good nights sleep and a good breakfast. Is that too much to ask of a hospitality provider?
Also the wall paper was held up by "push pins", tacky (no pun intended).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Patriot? Share your experiences!