“Watch out for slippery floors!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #48 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Lithia, Florida
“Watch out for slippery floors!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was here for a conference for three days. The room was clean, although the sheets were itchy so I moved to the other bed! It had a fridge and microwave.

Three complaints -

Breakfast was a buffett with one choice, scrambled eggs, did have different meat each day. They ran out of silverware, plates, and there were two wait staff for 60+ guests, so no morning coffee!

The second day there, a person was mopping the floor. The wet floor sign was next to the front desk but not by the front door where I was walking. Slipped and fell HARD on both knees. The two persons at the front desk looked up then went right back to their paperwork

The indoor pool is TINY as is the exercise room, it's better to go for a walk around the outlets!

Room Tip: Non-smoking room is a must! Also, the walls are thin so don't get one that has an adjoining doo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HIPFOM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Patriot, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Msailor2,

First let me offer my sincerest appologies that some of our employees didn't even ask you if you were alright after falling in the lobby, I will certainly speak to all the front desk agents about this. As far as breakfast, with all of our groups and conferences, the meals are predetermined, so usually whoever is in charge of organizing an event makes the decision as far what will be served for a meal. We usually do not require as many servers when serving a buffet compared to a plated meal that is why there may have only been a few servers, but I am not sure why you may have run out of silverware and utensils as we have far more than enough of those to go around. I again appologize for the inconvenineces you faced at our hotel and would be glad to speak to you in person further, I can be reached at 7575652600 ext 169, my name is Josh.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Cumberland, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I took my 3 yr old for a mini vacation because we needed to get away. Was planning on staying 3-4 nites but only paid for 1 nite (just in case we were unhappy with our choice). Other places in the area with indoor pools were half the price but Holiday Inn is where I grew up going and where I have always stayed each year on vacations. I felt safe there since I was traveling alone. I wanted a indoor pool to occupy my sons time and needed to budget my $ so a pool would take up time and is basically free. Well we went to the pool around 7:30 or 8pm and the water was ice cold. It was so cold that we could not get in. I didn't call the front desk. (It isn't like the 3rd party pool tech would be able to fix it and have it warm before they closed) I did call them a few wks ago and told them and they didn't seem to care. Said I should have let them know while I was there. AGAIN, it's not like it would have been fixed quickly. We stayed elsewhere the next 3 nites for half the price and a much better pool. I did love the bed, pillows and bathroom. ( another lady came in to the pool room and was going to get in hot tub and said it was dark, dirty and had a foul odor.)

Room Tip: Read Reviews and choose wisely based on reviews!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Josh D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Patriot, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear ConnieSueRobinson,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am truly sorry for your experience in our pool area. I'm not sure of the exact date of your visit but our pool is very unique in that you have the capability to swim from the indoor pool to the outdoor pool which we have available during the summer months. On Labor Day in September, we seal off the indoor pool so that it is heated. It did begin to get a little cold towards the end of August/ beginning of September so that could be the only time I could think of that you may have encountered this problem, to my knowledge since we have sealed the indoor pool there have been no problems with the temperature. I sincerely appologize for the inconvenience and hope if you ever are in the area again you let us try to make it right for you.
Culpeper
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

First impression- sad, depressing, spartan lobby. After that, things looked up. Adequate and clean rooms. Slight lingering smoke smell from the days when there were few non-smoking rooms in the Virginia tobacco country. Staff was pleasant and helpful, very helpful. Great location and I would recommend it to shoppers hitting the outlets.

• Stayed November 2012
Boonsboro, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked a room here online before reading reviews on travelocity and was concerned by the bad reviews thinkng I had made a big mistake on a non refundable room. After going to this hotel I realized that most reviews are written by a handful of people who are unsatisfied with their stay @ a place. Yes the hotel is older, but the hotel and our room was very clean and quite nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you Kevin and the rest of the staff @ Holiday Inn Patriot!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I don't understand why guests say that they didn't had a good time here, because I had the best time ever !!!! my family had the 10 th reunion,we always celebrate it at Holiday Inn Patriot from williamsburg, my family cames from all over usa to have funn ,and as I said,everything is great,starting with the rooms,witch are nice and clean,and finishing with the food,every morning we had all american buffet,with a variaty of meat and fruits,eggs...very well cooked,not to say about the dinner that we have..it is delicious!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Timisoara, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I spent 2 nights at Holiday Inn Patriot,at the end of July, I came with some friends and we had a really great time,the service was excellent,the room was nice and clean,big bed and comfortable. I ate in the morning in your restaurant and i enjoyed the breakfast and my coffee there :). The servers were nice with all of us! Thank you for everything! I'll come next summer again,i really liked it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Belmont, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights here, October 12-13, 2012. We were attending a function there called Military History Weekend. Of course I read the reviews before we went and I was a little worried about staying there. It is an old property and the decor of the rooms is very tired and dated. The room was large, tho, and quiet. Yes, some wallpaper drooped and the window treatments were worn but it appeared clean. The bathroom was clean and had a very nice shower head in the bathtub. When we checked in rather late, there were two men at the desk. It appeared that one was training the other. I tried to be friendly but the person doing the training did not respond. The person being trained, however, was very friendly and delightful. This morning the same man checked us out and he was again very friendly and nice. We ate breakfast in the restaurant one morning and it was fine. Nothing special. We also attended a group dinner one night and it too was just OK. Military History Weekend will be held here again next year and while I'm sure we will attend, we will probably stay at a more updated property close by.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Patriot? Share your experiences!