“OK but will probably not stay again” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #48 of 80 hotels in Williamsburg
Raleigh, North Carolina
“OK but will probably not stay again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

The property is in a need of total upgrade. The AC units could not keep up with the heat. the back entrance was trashed.
The positives were they allowed pets small animals. the staff was very accomodating, they went out of their way to locate a fan to help cool my room. They found and idustrial fllor fan that did the trick.
The entrance was appealing, but the rear where we were directed to get to our room was very trash and heavily used by the smokers.

Room Tip: Clean, but AC was not working properly, the phome was dead the entire 2 days.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
FOM3032, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Patriot, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Dear Willheel,

First let me apologize for not making your stay the best that it could be while you were in Williamsburg, We have been fortunate this summer to not have had to many days of extreme heat. However the last few weeks has held it's fair share of 100+ degree days. While we do our best to make sure each A/C unit in the rooms are working properly, these days let us know if there are any problems. I am very sorry the unit in your room was unable to keep up with the heat, we have since ordered new units and replaced any malfunctioning A/C units. I have also brought your comments regarding the guest entrance to the building to the attention of our housekeeping manager. I am glad the staff was able assist you in any way they could, and that you were able to bring your four legged companion on your trip. If you are ever in the area again please contact me directly and I will make sure your next stay with us meets all your expectations. We appreciate your comments as it helps us to make ourselves better.

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

The service at Holiday Inn Patriot was professional, courteous and welcoming. The hotel was perfectly clean (and I'm a neat-freak with very high standards). Our room was beautifully decorated, the beds were comfortable and the linens were soft. We felt as if we were at home! The hotel was located extremely close to Colonial Williamsburg, on a street with every reastaurant know to man. What I liked best about the Holiday Inn Patriot was how quiet and clean the hotel was. Well done Holiday Inn staff, well done! We loved our stay! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
FOM3032, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Patriot, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear Lovelife012,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is great to know that the staff was very accomodating towards you during your stay. I'm also very happy to hear that we were able to make you feel at home. I will most certainly pass your comments along to our housekeeping staff, and let them know to keep up the good work. We again appreciate your comments and business, and will hopefully see you again in the future.
San Rafael, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We waited until the last minute to book a pet and kid friendly room, and we paid in price and furnishings. We paid close to $150 for one night and the room was not worth it. The carpet is old and the room is quite dated. The matress felt worn, the oval toliet had a round toliet seat on it, and we could hear folks walking up and down the hallways late into the night. The pool was hyper chlorinated and you could smell the chlorine of the hot tub from afar. I would not recommend this hotel if there are other options available in the area...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Noisy children running up and down the hallway all night. Restaurant food was terrible and service also. Continental Breakfast was not included for the same price at other hotels.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I am a minister & was a part of the Abundant Life Christian Ministries Mother-Daughter Retreat on June 3-4, 2011. OMGoodness, I had a pleasant stay; the room, layout of the hotel & the location was fabulous. I want to come back on my own time for some peaceful R&R. I was truly blessed!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is the second year I have hosted a 2 day conference at this property and once again, the service was outstanding!! Everything was in order and in place from the planning stages to our arrival on Friday until our departure on Sunday morning. Everyone was very friendly and always asking if we needed anything. Job well done and we will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Four days ago, exhausted after driving in heavy rain and traffic, my fiancée and I entered this hotel and we haven't yet wanted to leave it. During my working years, as a travelling USDA rendering plant inspector, I've stayed in my (un)fair share of hotels, lodgings of every variety and varying quality. This hotel, I was quite pleased to find, is among the very best: the service is prompt, warm, and always available; the food has been incredible; the rooms would pass the most scrupulous white-glove test. My fiancée has really enjoyed the pool and the ample sun, and has said that it's surprising how quiet and relaxing everything is here. I agree - even when the hotel is full, as it was on Friday (the front desk said we had picked up one of the last few rooms), there seems to be enough space for everybody, so that whether we're in our room, out by the pool, or even in the lobby, we feel like we're in a private, orderly, and comfortable space.

We're planning on leaving tomorrow morning - and how we wish we weren't!

Room Tip: Call ahead to see what's available.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Patriot? Share your experiences!