We stayed here 1 night on our way to the Outer Banks and another night on our way home. This is a good place to use as your "base camp" when visiting Williamsburg. It's just beyond William & Mary's (W&M) campus (walking distance), about a mile or so from Colonial Williamsburg and 2.5 miles from the Premium Outlet mall. There are plenty of places to eat nearby that run the full gamut from inexpensive to celebration appropriate.
Our first stay coincided with W&M's graduation, so the place was booked solid. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived early, but they took our cell phone number and called us when it was ready. The room had 2 queen beds and was a little on the small side, but was perfectly comfortable for the 2 of us. It would have been tight trying to put a rollaway bed in there. The closet was small, but there was plenty of drawer space. The bathroom was a good size. We really appreciated the refrigerator, which was the kind with a separate freezer on the top. It's a little bit bigger than the standard under counter refrigerators. It kept our frozen food rock hard overnight (I put a 2 lb. bag of shrimp, 3 half-liter water bottles, 2 1-cup containers of pesto sauce and a 1 lb. block of Italian cheese in it our first night). The refrigerator section was also a good size - on the way home I was able to put an unopened gallon of milk in the bottom by removing the vegetable bin. There's also a small microwave and a coffee maker. On our return stay, we had a king size bed. All beds were very comfortable. My husband commented that the rooms were very well sound-proofed. Both of our rooms were close to the elevators, but we didn't hear any hallway noise. Both rooms were also very clean. The rooms include free wi-fi and on-site parking. At first it didn't seem as though there'd be enough parking, but the lot's very long with side lots. It's also pretty secure - we wound up parking our packed car in a side lot and it was fine.
Breakfast is included with your room. It's a standard breakfast bar with scrambled eggs, sausage patties, Belgian waffles, etc. The staff works very hard to replenish items as they're consumed and to keep the tables clean. We ate there both times we stayed and had plenty to eat. There are alot of pancake houses and other restaurants that serve breakfast nearby if you'd prefer eggs cooked to order or pancakes. There are also plenty of places to go for lunch and dinner.
The pool here is really nice. It's a large oval pool with a non-jetted hot tub on the side. It's open until 10 or 11 at night and was the perfect spot to unwind after a day touring Jamestown Village and a quick run through the outlets. It has 2 ADA seats to help disabled guests enter the pool and there were plenty of chairs and clean towels on the side. It's a great spot for parents to let their kids unwind after a day at Busch Gardens or Williamsburg - perfect for tiring them out before bed.
We wound up staying at this Fairfield Inn when the other places we usually stay in Williamsburg were full due to the W&M graduation. We liked it so much that we've decided to stay here in the Fall when we return to the Outer Banks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1 mile from Colonial Williamsburg and 2 miles Premium Outlets, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott is situated in the heart of the area's top attractions. This Williamsburg VA hotel provides visitors with easy access to the adjacent Merchants Square, plus the College of William & Mary. Complete your tour of Virginia's Historic Triangle with visits to nearby Jamestown and Yorktown. Our hotel near Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Williamsburg Winery, and Williamsburg Pottery equals fun around every corner! Golfers will have more than a dozen renowned championship courses to choose from at our hotel near Williamsburg golf courses such as Golden Horseshoe, Kingsmill, Kiskiack, Ford's Colony and Williamsburg National. An ideal location plus amenities such as luxury bedding, complimentary Internet access, complimentary continental breakfast, indoor pool, fitness center, business center, Market and on-site laundry make Fairfield Inn & Suites the perfect choice for your visit to Williamsburg! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Marriott so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Williamsburg
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Williamsburg
- Fairfield Inn Williamsburg
- Fairfield Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Fairfield Inn