“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Vary nice hotel modern and up to date,clean room,new linens.The front desk goes out of their way to help in any way they can.The self-serve breakfast was ok with a fair selection of food and beverage items.The hotel location is great for many points of intrest.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
East Coast Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed 2 nights at this recently renovated hotel. It snowed 8" the first night and most of Williamsburg did not open the following day. Cathy Patton , the general manager, went out of her way to make us feel comfortable that day. She brought in food so we could make sandwiches for our lunch and not have to go out in the wet snow. This is customer service par excellence! We have stayed in a number of Fairfield Inns and this hotel tops the list - great room decor and cleanliness, fantastic service and attitude, totally professional. Cathy and her great staff are outstanding.

Room Tip: The Executive suites are very comfortable...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend. Since we have Gold Elite status with Marriott, I've stayed at many Fairfield Inns over the past few years and have a certain expectation from them - nice rooms, adequate self-serve breakfast, excellent customer service. While the room was as expected from a Marriott product, the service at this Fairfield Inn was not.

Since this was a holiday weekend, this hotel was fully booked. Check-in went fine and the room was nice except that the toilet was continually running or wouldn't flush sufficiently (we advised staff when we checked out). The breakfast on Sunday morning was very poorly stocked; the staff just couldn't keep up with the speed the guests were eating. In addition, there was absolutely no fruit available Sunday or Monday mornings, and the OJ machine was only dispensing water on Sunday. Typically at Fairfield Inn, in the evenings the breakfast room has hot water and coffee available, but these dispensers were completely empty on Saturday evening, and when I inquired about this with the front desk staff, the response was that it wouldn't be filled.

Finally, on Sunday night when we went to inquire at front desk about early checkout, there was absolutely no one there! We called out several times with no response. After waiting several minutes, someone did come to the desk, but there was no apology or acknowledgement that we had to wait for attention.

I wouldn't typically comment on the minor details of a hotel experience, but it's just that this was not the type of service I expect from a Marriott product.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Catherine P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I would like to apologize for the experience you had over the weekend at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. This is not the service that I expect my guest to received. I have shared your comments with the leadership staff of the hotel so that we could put a plan in place to ensure this does not happen in the future. This is not the unusual experience my guest have and do not want this to happen again to you or any other guest of our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and hope to that you will give us a second look the next time you find yourself in Williamsburg Virginia.

Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the Fairfied Marriott and have to say I am delighted at their transition. I don t know the last time this hotel was remodeled but it was nice.

The exterior is all brick. They were probably made to do so by code. It makes a huge difference to have such a beautiful bldg.

Lobby was great. Broken up into seveal little private areas. Fireplace too. The breakfast room was huge. The largest I Have beeb in for a Fairfield. As always the breakfast was delicious. Bacon, eggs, grits, waffles, oatmeal, coffee, tea, bagels, toast and more.

I am gold elite so they always treat me wonderfully at a Marriott.

My favorite hotel chain!

• Stayed February 2015
Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg. I am glad you had the experience you expect when staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. I have shared your comments with the staff. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Williamsburg.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

My family and I stayed here for two nights while we were in Williamsburg. The location was great as it was near several restaurant options as well as quite close to the attractions.

The hotel was recently renovated and the rooms were quite nice. The lobby was on its way to being nice as well. The hotel's free breakfast hit the spot before going out into the town. The cost of the room was quite reasonable.

The bed was quite comfortable and the shower had good water pressure.

The staff were quite friendly, professional, and helpful.

Room Tip: We had a room with a King and sofa bed. Good option for families with only one or two children.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Catherine P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
Thank you for visiting with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us for we strive to give all of our guest great customer service and a great product. I look forward to your next visit to Williamsburg.
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

My family and I stayed at this hotel for only one night. It is conveniently located close to restaurants and shopping. We were able to check-in early and obtain a room right away instead of coming back later. Our room was adequate on the third floor (highest floor) near the end of the corridor so we did not hear other guests. The only complaints we have are that the heater was noisy whenever it turned on, and the bathtub floor had mildew. Also, during the morning hours beginning at 6 AM, we could smell burning odors from the first floor's breakfast room that lingered on until breakfast ended at 10 AM. Breakfast room staff was friendly and offered to take our plates away from our tables and throw them in the trash for us.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Catherine P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 5, 2015
Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. I know how nice it is to get into your room when you arrive to the area earlier, it helps the remainder of the day go smooth. I am glad we were able to accommodate. I would like to apologize for the noisy heater and the bathroom. If possible, if you could let me know which room you stayed in so I can ensure this is corrected. I can be reached at cpatton@ltdhospitality.com. I will let the breakfast attendant know that you enjoyed your breakfast. We pride ourselves on great customer service and look forward to your next visit to Williamsburg.
Monroe, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2015

The staff were very friendly. The check in went smoothly and the cost of the hotel was reasonable for the city. The breakfast has everything you could possibly want. The rooms are large and the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for visiting with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. I am glad we met all of your expectations. I look forward to seeing you on you next visit to Williamsburg, VA

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg? Share your experiences!