“Not the best Marriott, but not the worst. ” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #46 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Lake Ridge, Virginia
“Not the best Marriott, but not the worst. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I am a Marriott rewards member and with the exception of one Marriott property, they have always been great all around. This one was just OK. It was clean, the employees were very nice, and the breakfast was great with many choices to be had. Those are the positives, the negative is that the property is old, and it shows. Everything, from the carpet, the sheets, the blankets, the bathrooms, everything was very weathered. This building needs a good refurb!! I went down with my daughter for a soccer tournament a couple of weekends ago, and it was very, very cold that weekend. The covers on the beds were very thin, so I ordered extra blankets. The blankets must have been washed a few hundred times and were as thin as paper. We didn't freeze, but it just wasn't up to Marriott's usual standards. This is a very common destination for us, and I would be willing to give this hotel another try if it was updated just a bit. Oh, one more positive is that it's in a great location, close to outlets, shopping centers, movie theaters, many food choices, colonial Williamsburg and all of the parks.

Stayed November 2013
RBlaineDorsey, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to announce we are renovating our Hotel and we will have completed this by March 2014. We look forward to your return in the event your travels require you to travel to Williamsburg again.

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Well located to colonial Williamsburg and easy to find. Rooms were decent size and had a mini fridge with separate freezer and microwave. Beds were comfy . Staff was attentive and maintenance was right there when I had a plumbing problem.
What more could we ask for.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
RBlaineDorsey, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Sandy, we are glad that your stay was memorable while you were in Williamsburg. We look forward to your return.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on two occasions for work. I stayed on 11/1 and again on 11/15. I actually stayed in the same room both times. Opon my arrival the front desk staff was very friendly. I stayed in room 310. On my first visit I noticed water on the floor in the bathroom. I used a towel to get it up and later on there was more. It wasn't bad enough to complain about, just a little pain. When I checked out the next morning I told the clerk about it. On my next visit the problem had been taken care of, no water at all. The room was nice, bed was comfortable and pillows were good too. The only thing I would ask if for a chanel guide for the TV, but even that is not a big problem. I did have a minor problem with my bill. I booked the room through piriceline and when I arrived they swiped my card for incidentals. I didn't do anything other than get on my laptop, but the next day I was charged $53.06. I called and spoke to a manager and she said it was taken care of. So I checked my statement a few days later only to see that another $53,06 was billed and then credited, so my original charge was still there. I called again and it was taken off. I'm not complaining about it, it was all taken care of and the people were really nice about it. It was a mistake and it was resolved. I can't critique the breakfast as I had to leave by 5 a.m. to get to work both times and missed breakfast. I would stay at teh hotel again anytime and hope I have the opportunity to do so.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RBlaineDorsey, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to host you during your travels to Williamsburg. We are sorry that you experienced a billing challenge, and appreciated your patience while we corrected your folio. We look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you to Williamsburg, this time hopefully you were have additional time to enjoy our HOT Breakfast.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is my second time staying in this hotel. Its nicely situated, not far from the outlets. I was there for a bowling tournament and the bowling center is not far down Richmond Rd. The breakfast bar is adequate - lots of variety. The one thing I didn't like about my stay was the curtains! I was on the 3rd floor (facing Richmond Road) and the curtains don't close! The sheer panel could be opened and closed but even when closed it provided very little privacy to my comfort level. If you like the sunlight waking you in the morning then you will like the sheer panel. Also the heat unit is right below the window so by having the fan blowing it made the curtain panel billow - hence it kept coming open! I didn't like this at all. Other than that, the room was clean and spacious. I stayed in a king room and there's a sofabed and 2 TVs. Microwave worked although the refrig didn't get very cold. One other thing, I arrived after dark and there were NO lights on in the parking lot. I asked at the front desk and the desk worker acted surprised. I have to say that half hour later I went out to get something to eat the the lights were on. Maybe their timer or something was off??

Room Tip: I was traveling alone and requested a room on an upper floor, they accommodated me well.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
RBlaineDorsey, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience during your recent travels to Williamsbrug. We hope your family enjoyed your bowling tournament and that your team did well during the tournament. We will be replacing our drapes during our Quarter 1 renovation. We have also adjusted our parking lot lighting timer to reflect the day light savings time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I would absolutely stay at this location again. The sheets were clean and crisp, bed comfortable, and happy to have an indoor pool for kids. The breakfast was more than enough. The staff was polite and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013
RBlaineDorsey, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to host you while your travels brought you to the Williamsburg area. We look forward to your return trip and anticipate you enjoying the indoor pool again with the kids.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We traveled as a family to a nearby travel softball tournament and stayed at this hotel only because of the proximity to the fields.The staff was super friendly and the indoor pool was great for the kids. We ate too much at breakfast as all of the food was great! Lots of places to go nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing us to host you during your travels to Williamsburg for your Softball Tournament. We hope your team won their tournament and you were able to enjoy the remainder of your time in the area! We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the near future.
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Marriot staff did a much better job fixing the curtains in my room. Everything was in order. Throughout the hotel I was helped by outstanding staff members. The mother and daughter team that cleaned my room and Sonya at the first desk deserve special kudos. I'd like to, also, commend the customer service manager. Breakfast consisted of a
wide variety of options. There was good food and the area was never over crowded. The temperature of the room could be regulated in the room. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the front desk are also closest to the breakfast area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
RBlaineDorsey, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and remember our Associates that created a memorable stay for you and your family. We look forward to having you as our Guest again in the future!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg? Share your experiences!