“Family Sports Outing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Miami, Florida
“Family Sports Outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We traveled as a family to a nearby travel softball tournament and stayed at this hotel only because of the proximity to the fields.The staff was super friendly and the indoor pool was great for the kids. We ate too much at breakfast as all of the food was great! Lots of places to go nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RBlaineDorsey, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to host you during your travels to Williamsburg for your Softball Tournament. We hope your team won their tournament and you were able to enjoy the remainder of your time in the area! We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Marriot staff did a much better job fixing the curtains in my room. Everything was in order. Throughout the hotel I was helped by outstanding staff members. The mother and daughter team that cleaned my room and Sonya at the first desk deserve special kudos. I'd like to, also, commend the customer service manager. Breakfast consisted of a
wide variety of options. There was good food and the area was never over crowded. The temperature of the room could be regulated in the room. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the front desk are also closest to the breakfast area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
RBlaineDorsey, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and remember our Associates that created a memorable stay for you and your family. We look forward to having you as our Guest again in the future!
Lancaster, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I slipped and fell in the tub in my room on a Saturday night. My husband had slipped the night before, but luckily he didn't fall. He told the lady at the front desk and she all she said was ok. I knew when I fell that I had broke ribs. I told the lady at the front desk, she didn't seem to really care she said she would make a note of it. I never saw her write anything down so there was no report ever made about the incident. I called back after I had gone to the Doctor to let them know I had indeed broke several ribs on both side of my chest and the lady at the front desk basically said so what. I also lost a week from work due to this incident.

If you decide to stay here be careful in the tub. I would not want anyone else going through the pain I had endure for over three weeks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
gcmphffw, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you Mrs Haywood for your feedback from your previous stay in February. Your claim was submitted to our Insurance Company by our Management Team, and someone has already been in contact with you from Hanover Insurance. If you need additional assistance with your claim number we would be happy to assist and can be reached directly at 757-645-3600.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel has a great location.
This hotel has a nice staff.
This hotel has a good breakfast (except the eggs).
This hotel, if your are planning a stay, you MUST bring along lysol spray, allergy medication, inhalor, and probably some bleach. The mold and mildew smell is overwhelming! If you are planning a conference/dinner/shower etc., you must bring your own chairs. The chairs for their conference room are so stained and worn it is disgraceful. They look like people ate and danced on them.
We used this hotel for our family reunion. One family member left and went to another hotel while the rest of us played "Which Rooms Has The Least Offensive Odor" before we settled on a room. I can personally tell you, do not stay in rooms 201, 203, 320, 321, 319, and 302. Those are the only ones I visited. I had to hear complaints about the other rooms and do not know the numbers.
The foremost thing this hotel needs to improve itself is a professional cleaning/mold removal/stink exorcism.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My daughter and I spent one evening at this hotel because it was so close to the William and Mary campus. The location is perfect for a college visit. The staff was very welcoming. The room was clean enough. The breakfast was also a nice extra. I received my check-out slip under my door as is common with many hotels. This time I made a point of going to the front desk to tell them that the bath tub would not drain while showering and that the room would not cool down even though the air conditioning fan was constantly running. We did not have a good night sleep unfortunately. The recetption desk noted the problems and said that they would be fixed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Do not recommend - I am sitting at present in my room. Checked in yesterday to terrible service at front desk and I was the only one in the lobby. I just went to sit at the desk chair and it is so gross I won't even sit in it! Come on Marriott -- many other better looking hotel choices in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
gcmphffw, Guest Care Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Libby J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I was hoping you would be able to contact me directly in regards to your recent visit. I would love some more information so I can know who was working and address the situation. Please contact me at 757-645-3600 ext 4000 or gcmphffw@ltdhospitality.com
Laurel, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Arriving from one hotel to another we gave this hotel not quite appealing. When we first walk in to the hallway towards our room there was a strong odors. Room was outdated. Bed is uncomfortable. Curtains, bed shams were sheers. Wireless connection is poor on the very end of the second floor. We were at very end of the hallway. See guests just getting some stuff from housekeeping room, and that room was so messy and disgusting. After housekeeping park their cart to that room no one to seems like to organized that room...it was a mess!!! That room need to be lock so no one can possibly see it and get thru it. Fitness is small and always out of towels. Restroom was a long walk from the fitness room nor from the pool. swimming pool was a decent size with jacuzzi but they need to be strict on kids playing in the fitness room with their wet swimming suits after swimming. Kids should not be there without their parents. Breakfast buffet was good, but again also a long walk to the restroom. Odd floor plan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
gcmphffw, Guest Care Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Mrs akioto,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your comments and suggestions are taken seriously. Please be advised that the challenges you have brought up have been addressed with all department heads. I would love to discuss further details with you gcmphffw@ltdhospitality.com or I can be reached at the 757-645-3600 ext. 4000.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg? Share your experiences!