The Fairfield Inn and Suites is at the low end of the Marriott hierarchy, and it shows. While the suite we used was clean and well thought-out, the amenities were few, and the experience less than I would have liked. This is a place where the drinking cups are plastic and plastic-wrapped, where the plates and cutlery in the breakfast room are also plastic. When we visited the hotel was noisy both because of ineffective soundproofing (thanks for the marital sound effects, people across the hall), and because it was also occupied by teens there for a soccer tournament. Sadly, there's no obvious hotel security to keep the rampant kids in check.
there were also maintenance issues. The key card machine only worked occasionally, the card readers on exterior doors sometimes didn't work, and in one case an exit door wouldn't open (I'm sure the fire marshall would be delighted). Lamps in our room didn't work. the bed sagged and game me a backache.
But at least it was clean.
There's a free breakfast that reminded me of my boot camp days - what appeared to be powdered eggs, where the curds were tough and floating in a pool of water. Sausage patties had the flavor of steamed pork with no spices. A coffee aftertaste you couldn't eradicate.
Fortunately there's an IHOP that shares the parking lot. go there for breakfast.
Overall, it could have been worse, but it could have been a lot better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1 mile from Colonial Williamsburg and 2 miles Premium Outlets, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott is situated in the heart of the area's top attractions. This Williamsburg VA hotel provides visitors with easy access to the adjacent Merchants Square, plus the College of William & Mary. Complete your tour of Virginia's Historic Triangle with visits to nearby Jamestown and Yorktown. Our hotel near Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Williamsburg Winery, and Williamsburg Pottery equals fun around every corner! Golfers will have more than a dozen renowned championship courses to choose from at our hotel near Williamsburg golf courses such as Golden Horseshoe, Kingsmill, Kiskiack, Ford's Colony and Williamsburg National. An ideal location plus amenities such as luxury bedding, complimentary Internet access, complimentary continental breakfast, indoor pool, fitness center, business center, Market and on-site laundry make Fairfield Inn & Suites the perfect choice for your visit to Williamsburg! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Williamsburg
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Williamsburg
- Fairfield Inn Williamsburg
- Fairfield Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Fairfield Inn