I visited the Williamsburg area in mid-November 2011 for a family event. This hotel is large, modern and conveniently located on "hotel row" in a busy part of town just a mile or two from Colonial Williamsburg. It's actually located on a hotel "campus" where four hotels share a parking lot and a couple of family restaurants. It's not a bad arrangement, but late arrivals should be ready for a long walk from the car.
The staff is very nice, but not exceptionally helpful. I think most of them were browsing the internet at the check-in desk. The lobby is awkward and fragmented, but hey, you're not meeting Henry Kissinger there so don't worry about it. The breakfast room is a long hike down a couple of hallways, and while it is large enough and clean enough the food is simply awful. Everything is wrapped in plastic; everything is disposable; everything is processed. Skip it and go to the almost-as-bad IHOP across the parking lot. At least the food there is hot.
As for the room, it was Fairfield typical. We got the ordinary semi-suite, with a TV in the sleeping area and another TV in the "sitting room." The bed was fine, the A/C was noisy, there was no luggage rack (and no place to set it up if there was one); the bathroom was acceptable and all in all I was glad to get out on Sunday morning.
That being said, the price was $109/night, one of the least expensive options in the area. So I got what I paid for, I guess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1 mile from Colonial Williamsburg and 2 miles Premium Outlets, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott is situated in the heart of the area's top attractions. This Williamsburg VA hotel provides visitors with easy access to the adjacent Merchants Square, plus the College of William & Mary. Complete your tour of Virginia's Historic Triangle with visits to nearby Jamestown and Yorktown. Our hotel near Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Williamsburg Winery, and Williamsburg Pottery equals fun around every corner! Golfers will have more than a dozen renowned championship courses to choose from at our hotel near Williamsburg golf courses such as Golden Horseshoe, Kingsmill, Kiskiack, Ford's Colony and Williamsburg National. An ideal location plus amenities such as luxury bedding, complimentary Internet access, complimentary continental breakfast, indoor pool, fitness center, business center, Market and on-site laundry make Fairfield Inn & Suites the perfect choice for your visit to Williamsburg! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Williamsburg
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Williamsburg
- Fairfield Inn Williamsburg
- Fairfield Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Fairfield Inn