“Great value. Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2000 Bonus Points
Ranked #55 of 80 hotels in Williamsburg
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Great value. Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

You need to read between the lines on some of the very negative reviews I stayed here for 4 days and found it to be very comfortable and clean I had a queen suite and it was large and had 2 bathrooms. A great value for the amount I paid.. I really don't understand some of the very negative reviews. I was at the breakfast room anywhere from 7am to 8:15 am and had no problem with either enough room or breakfast supplies or food. I find it hard to believe some people would wait till 8:15 or later to come down to the breakfast area and then complain about lit being too crowded. When I checked in at 3pm, my room was clean and ready. It was low on towels and I called the front desk and this was taken care of in a short amount of time. Thank You Sherry, Casey and Chris.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear nancyBrt66,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you for all you great comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington D.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Dirty rooms with hair in bed, on floor and several in tub. Dirty looking pillowcases. Old furniture. No tissues. Coffee packet but no coffee maker. Creepy looking people hanging around. The good reviews must be written by management or the seemingly permanent tenants. Breakfast was white bread with a communal tub of country crock spread, glazed donuts and cornflakes. Building is very old. Did not seem safe. Do not stay!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear minimouseeats,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about your stay. We are so very sorry for any inconveniences that your concerns caused you. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. We would also like to stress to you that reviews will never be written by our management staff. Trip Advisor would never allow such activity on this site. Thank you for your time.

Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very inexpensive. JUST ok for the price. I booked two suites for the family. I was a little embarrassed, I'm usually a good picker for hotels. I really bombed on this one. Front desk staff were not happy people. Had to physically go to the front office for towells and face clothes EVERY DAY of my stay. Bed and Sofa were literally sunken in. Bathrooms were questionable. The only pluses were breakfast, if you arrived early enough and the pool. Oh and becareful to check your bill. Mine was a little inflated because of a fee for the safe, that was not used.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Ima Traveler29,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make then necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time.

Xenia, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We came in from Ohio to meet my sister from Las Vegas. I was instantly disappointed. Somethings I can handle others I can't. We stayed here for 1 week. On the day we got there we noticed that the floor was not damp but SOAKING WET due to a leak. I notified the front desk. WE WERE NEVER OFFERED TO SWITCHED ROOMS, This was on a Friday. We did not get a floor dryer in our room until Tuesday when I told them something had to get done. I was drying the floor with my own personal fan. A lighter was left in my room from their maintenance crew which my 2 year old grabbed. House keeping is a joke. They really need to learn to clean and make beds they leave cleaning supplies and chemicals all over the hotels. They shut down both stairwells at my end of the hotel (hello fire hazard.) The lines at breakfast is insane. The ladies that works it takes their sweet time and never has it stocked. We always took our food back to our room due to not enough seating in the dining area. Most of the staff is friendly. But the manager is friendly to your face but will lie behind your back to cover her own butt. I had to call the corporate office. Due to my luggage being damaged. They can't do anything because this is a franchise. The franchise will do nothing because he doesn't want to. My daughter also left her leap-pad there and they aren't willing to return it. The owner of the hotel told me that if it was such an awful hotel I should have left. I told him we tried to but there was NO HOTELS AVAILABLE and my sister was in from Las Vegas. The owner told me he would call me back. That was 2 weeks ago. I am yet to hear from him. I have left him several messages he is not returning any of them. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I do NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO MY WORST ENEMY. Oh the heated pool is NOT HEATED at all. It is so cold that my younger kids couldn't go into it. Thanks for ruining not only my luggage, stealing my kids leap pad but ruining my vacation.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We appreciate when all of our guests provide feedback on their stay; we strive to provide an economical stay at a hotel that is clean, comfortable, and strive to provide this for all guests who stay with us. Most guests who stay with us finds that to be the case, however, on occasion our attempts to go above and beyond to satisfy a specific guest can be meet with rejection, deception, and misinformation. The recollection of the events as they occurred differ from that what was posted, however, we understand this forum is about opinion and despite our efforts to ensure all guests who post ‘play fair’ we feel the forum can sometimes favour those wishing to state information regardless of validity or not. With that said we would like all future guests of our hotel to know that we work to accommodate all guests and in this particular case we will state simply that based upon this guests complaints we: replaced all seals within the room plumbing (while they were on property) for which the guest received discounts of stay, our Chief Engineer made a mistake and left a lighter and called the guest (while on property) to apologize profusely for making mistake with the lighter (for which guest received discounts off stay). In addition any claim against damage to personal property is important to us and we investigate to the highest level, however, in this incident despite our attempts to ‘view the damage’ we were never given that opportunity to see or “make it right” and regarding the personal property; we are a hotel dedicated on serving and maintaining existing and future guests. Upon several inspections by our housekeeping, onsite management, and ownership we were unable to find any electronical device of any kind; if one of our guests should leave something in the room it is our policy to return as soon as possible. Again we are in the hospitality business, not the video game resale. Our ownership took it upon themselves to be honest with the guest indicating our willingness to compensate (several room discounts through stay) and to have a conference call with our onsite management and ownership. This is not common in our industry; however, we strive to give all guests their opportunity to discuss their stay with management and ownership. In this case a conference call was conducted between management, ownership, and the guests and following the completion of that call it was understood that all outstanding issues were satisfied. Despite our efforts whilst the guest was on property, in the end, this travel site forum allows postings that are invalidated, irrelevant, and stray far from the actual events. Never the less we have a side and have stated as such, we appreciate the opportunity to respond and look forward to serving the 99% of our guests that enjoy a clean comfortable stay and a great price in Williamsburg, VA.
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel for one night in the Williamsburg area, just to get some rest after a long day driving and sightseeing. We planned on leaving the next morning to continue our vacation, so we were not looking for anything extravagant. The Travelodge had a room available, king size bed, $66, sounded like a great deal. We were very satisfied with the size and condition of our room, the bathroom was clean, shower was remodeled and spacious. I liked the large vanity in the bathroom to put on makeup while my boyfriend showered and shaved. Our room was quite large, there was a pool available, and it was literally just minutes from Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. The hotel offered a free breakfast that including coffee and Belgium waffles, all smelled delicious. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HMPHotels, Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Cynthia B,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We appreciate guest feedback. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Elizabeth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This COULD be a nice, economical hotel. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite make it. First, I need to say we are not a picky family. I am easy to make happy. We travel frequently and knew when we booked this hotel it was not going to be a five star resort. We were simply looking for an inexpensive hotel for a family get-away.

The positive - Great location. Central to everything. Pool was nice. Staff was mostly friendly.

Everything else (the not so positive) - We booked a suite for our family of 5. The room was adequate. However, the maid service doesn't seem to have it all together. Some examples: suite for 5 but we get towels for 2 - this happened a couple times , when asking for towels for our room and/or the pool we were told told "the laundry isn't done yet" (that was at 5:00 PM), the sleeper couch had one sheet and no pillows - When we asked for them we were told "the laundry isn't done yet...", one day they didn't make up our room or provide any towels - when we went to the front desk upon our arrival back at the hotel around 10:00 PM they had to search for towels (I guess they were still laundering them...), when my son dropped his wallet and bent down to pick them up he found a used diaper under the TV stand.

The breakfast is bascially non-existent - a few small muffins, juice, cold cereal, a few apples and oranges, bread and jelly, a waffle maker, coffee and tea (sometimes).

The staff is all very kind and apologetic, however, they don't seem to understand the need to do it right the first time so they aren't required to always apologize!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HMPHotels, Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear TiredDad3,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are sorry for the inconveniences that you incurred in your room, and at breakfast. We are so sorry for that. We appreciate your feedback. We appreciate all guest feedback it allows us to make the necessary improvements to our hotel to make it better for you and for future guests to the hotel. We apologize and will pass the on to the staff so we can make the improvements needed. Thank you for staying with us.

Maine, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We checked in at around 4pm on 6/30/12, they had assured me by phone that the 3 rooms I asked for would at least be in the same building. They were not and only 2 of the 3 were non-smoking. So then they agreed to move us around and get us in the same building. BUT then while waiting for over an hour to check in by now the other clerk booked one of our rooms for someone else! UGH, we had just drove through a 4 hour traffic jam in Roanoke, Va due to the power outage and we just wanted a room. Then when we did finally get our rooms which they upgraded to suites for 2 of the 3 rooms, the fridge/microwaves that I paid $5 extra per day for were only in 2 rooms. They did credit me one night for $11 to fix that. But it was literally one issue after another the whole first day. The place was clean, I'll give them that and the pool was nice but it should be open later since there is no lifeguard on anyways! Then on day 3 we came back from being out all day and a housekeeper had left our door open ALL DAY LONG!! I immedisately called front desk and I was told a manager would call me next morning when she came in. She didnt call me so I called her and she credited 1 night off the room and said that she was so sorry and she spoke to the housekeeper and again was so sorry. The breakfast area was way too small for the amount of rooms that it services and need more food out. On one morning I stood in line for 20 minutes to make waffles all while listening to a crazy lady behind me complain that people should make 1 waffle and not more. Then when I attempted to make 2 waffles the woman (psycho) stole my waffle and took off! It was 9 am and no more waffles could be made. I told front desk as she walked by them and they said nothing they could do but they would bring me more batter. REALLY?? She stole my waffle I mean what is wrong with people? It was upsetting the front desk claimed could do nothing or say nothing to her. The WHOLE breakfast area saw her rob me and they did nothing! I could really go on and on for days. I feel bad for woman who runs it, she tries her best but things are just sub-par here and she tried her hardest to make it up to us but all in all we will NEVER stay here again. We would rather pay a little more and get ALOT more. Also housekeeping was constantly short towels, maybe they should buy some more, then only 1 washer/dryer in whole place with no a/c in that room! It was 115 with heat index!! HOT HOT HOT!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic Area? Share your experiences!