“A great place to stay at a very reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 2 Nights Save 15%
Ranked #55 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay at a very reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

A perfect place to stay at a very reasonable rate. Couldn't ask for more. Staff very helpful, especially the GM,whom I believe was called Chad. Very easy to get to all the historical sites . Plenty of good restaurants just a few minutes drive away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Shannon A, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Colonial Williamsburg/Downtown Area, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you found our staff helpful. We hope to see you again in the future.

Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The room smelled like cigarettes, there was mold in the bathroom and the place was outdated. Went here to explore williamsburg, and accomplished that at a minimum price. I would recommend the holiday inn or courtyard.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Troy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The carpet was old and stained--I'd recommend they get rid of the carpet. Also, there were several cockroaches in the bathtub. I told the front desk about them they kind of shrugged and said they'd take a look (no apology). I reminded them when I left and the man said he'd looked at them, but again, no apology or sense of what they would do to remedy this situation. My room also had very poor cellular service due to the thick walls in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Shannon A, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Colonial Williamsburg/Downtown Area, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us. This feedback helps us to improve our guest’s experience. I apologize for the cleanliness issue you experienced during your recent stay with us. We did not meet your expectations or our expectations on room cleanliness. I want you to know that these are not the quality of standards that we are accustomed to providing. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms. I will make sure this is shared with the staff and I can assure you all issues have been addressed.

I hope you give us another chance to prove our cleanliness standards and change this past experience. Thank you again for your comments and please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Front Office Manager
St. Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I unfortunately had a bad experience at this Day's Inn. The room we got evidently had not been used in quite a while and perhaps the door to the outside had been left open at some point, for there were several spiders and cobwebs throughout the room, along with a really terrible smell, something like a mix of mildew and disinfectant. I removed the spiders myself and we thought we'd just stick it out, but upon getting ready to go to sleep, we found a beetle in the bed, between the bottom and top sheets. That would not do, of course, so I requested a change of room. The front desk clerk made the change easy, but it was still a pain to pack up everything and change rooms when we needed to be going to sleep. The new room was cleaner (without spiders, insects, or cobwebs), but the air quality was still poor, although not as bad as the first. The change of room was easy, but no recompense was offered. We stayed two nights.

I'm giving this Day's Inn two stars because it was $60/night and I wasn't expecting a luxurious stay, but I would absolutely not return to this motel because the cleanliness and air quality were too poor. Even in the cleaner room, it was hard to shake off the sense of being in a dirty place.

The location for access to W&M is great, within easy walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Front Office Manager

Been to Days Inn Colonial Williamsburg/Downtown Area? Share your experiences!