“Days Inn - Above and Beyond” 4 of 5 stars

Days Inn Colonial Williamsburg/Downtown Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   902 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Ranked #55 of 80 hotels in Williamsburg
Fairfield County, CT
“Days Inn - Above and Beyond”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

One thing that truly separates budget hotels from the pack is the level of customer service and concern that is shown by the staff. And this is an excellent example. From beginning to end; from check in to check out, the staff provided a pleasurable experience. No one that I dealt with, appeared to be "dialing it in". They care about their guests and they were able to provide help above and beyond the norm.

I was traveling for an event in the nearby historic area and the public transportation was lacking.Twice, not once, a member of staff drove me on their own dime to where I needed to go because they saw the jam that I was in. That is UNHEARD OF in any budget hotel that I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in many good ones.

The room is adequate and comfortable. The free continental breakfast standard with decent food. Free internet computers area also provided. If you do not want to spend big $$ to stay at a Colonial Williamsburg resort; save your money and stay here. Spend it where it counts; museums, shopping, restaurants etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Shannon A, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Colonial Williamsburg/Downtown Area, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
WOW, what a great review! Thank you so much for telling us about how much you enjoyed your stay. Here at the Days Inn Downtown Williamsburg we strive to always deliver outstanding customer service that makes every guest's stay great, and we're so happy when our guests take the time to let us know that we've succeeded. We look forward to having you with us again next time you come to Williamsburg, whether for business or pleasure.

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
BREA, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This Days Inn is alittle hard to find as it is 3 miles off the interstate. But once we arrived we were pleasently supprised to find one of the best motels on our 30 days of travel. Room very spacious and clean. Price was low, parked within 20 feet of door. Outside very well kept and within walking distance of downtown Williamsburg..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Shannon A, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Colonial Williamsburg/Downtown Area, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for this awesome review! This is exactly what we like to hear from our loyal patrons!! Hope to see you again!
McDaniel, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed her for 1 night before we where able to stay at a condo we had rented and let me say for the price ($43) it was a great deal. The pool was clean, our room was clean, and the location was great. I was able to get up in the morning and walk thru William & Mary campus and then continue on to Colonial Williamsburg. Yes the rooms were a little dated and the bathrooms small but I felt safe and secure and most definatly will be back again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all comments and use them to continually improve the service we provide. We're very glad that you enjoyed the value and friendly service you received from us, and we sincerely apologize for the hotel's appearance not meeting your expectations. Thank you again for your time and helpful comments. We look forward to you visiting the Days Inn Downtown Williamsburg again in the future.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Let me start by saying that BF and I are NOT picky ay all, and actually chose this hotel because it was so cheap and we didn't plan on spending much time there anyway. I was as very excited when we booked this room for 4 nights at about $210. What a bargain! I agree with a lot of the other reviews, the room was very dusty and there were bugs everywhere. It was so dusty that my allergies would go crazy and I could hardly breathe. I literally would leave the room and in a matter of minutes feel better. Cell phone service is NOTHING. You are in a dead zone fortress. Wifi was also a joke, it would not come in at all. The mattress was very hard and I spent a lot of time tossing and turning. The good thing about this hotel is the location, it's very close to everything. The breakfast was also plentiful, and the rooms were quiet when we slept. The front desk was very helpful and they tried to make our stay as pleasurable as they could. All in all it was not a BAD hotel, but not a good one. If I had to do it over again I would opt to spend a little more money and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shannon A, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Colonial Williamsburg/Downtown Area, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our hotel. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. However, I would like to apologize for the level of service you received. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed six nights in August because it was Pet Friendly. The reviews were 50/50 when I booked mid July so I gambled and went for it … lost that gamble. Go with the 50% bad and you will have an accurate picture of this motel. If you are looking for a Motel Adventure this is the place to go. If you want a relaxing, hassle free vacation SPEND THE MONEY and go somewhere else.

The Good … It is Pet friendly with plenty of areas to walk your dog. It is close to everything in the Williamsburg area. The free breakfast is adequate if you don’t mind waffles, bagels, bananas, cereal or mini muffins. The king size bed was comfortable and the room had a microwave, hair drier, iron w/board and a small fridge. It has an affordable rate which is a good option for budget travelers.

The Bad … Don’t expect to use your cell phone inside the rooms and cell coverage is limited outside the rooms. Forget 4G service. The wifi is extremely slow. We were in a ‘small’ non-smoking room that smelled of stale smoke. The rooms were less then clean with dust and cobwebs everywhere. The furniture is your classic 80’s motel style that has seen better days. The bathrooms are very small, with little counter space. Pool hours are posted 10am/10pm yet kids were swimming and yelling from 8am till 12:30pm. The parking lot is cramped and when the motel is full there simply isn’t enough space.

The Ugly … taking a shower was like a dance with danger. Be prepared to take lukewarm to cold showers. The water temperature kept alternating between Cold and scorching Hot. It did not matter if you showered at 6am or 11pm it was always the same. The tub drain was clogged and a call to the front desk was followed by an employee pouring drain cleaner down the drain. After he left I tried the shower again to only realize the problem was not fixed. At this point I stuck my finger down into the drain and removed 10 years of hair … problem fixed - can you say yuck while scrubbing in hand sanitizer.

TIP: If you want local restaurant food stay away from the tourist restaurants on Richmond Rd. (80% are bad). Go to Monticello Ave. and drive a short way to New Town and you will find where the locals eat. This is a beautiful new area that has lots to offer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sophia, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

the room was small and had too much extra furniture in it. Not much room to walk around. It had a desk & chair for using computer, also another large round table w/2 chairs.The mattress was terrible! Couldn't believe it had no refrigerator or microwave! The only thing good for us was that it was pet friendly as we had our small dog with us and it was a good location. Also,when I tried to get on my laptop I couldn't get it connected. Called front desk, was told to try again. After the 3rd attempt, I took computer to front desk. The attendant looked at it and tried to help. by resetting their modem, didn't work. Then I was told it was probably my computer. I told him I take it with me to hotels and never experienced any problems before. Then other guests started calling front desk to report they were having trouble with the WiFi. People also showed up to complain. After 30-45 min. later another person tried resetting their modem and finally he was able to get mine connected.We had booked 2 nights but left after only 1 night. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Call hotel if you have any questions before booking online.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lutherville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our room was fine, a little on the smaller side but hey we only paid about $55 a night during peak summer. Don't expect a $150 hotel room when you're paying less than $60 per night. The parking lot was a little cramped, one minor negative but not enough to sway me from staying again. The central pool was lots of fun for our kids and our dog loved the accomodations. Nice grassy field right next door to let puppy go pee pee each day. Morning free breakfast was a plus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We love our four-leged friends. We are so happy that you took the time to review our pet-friendly hotel. We know pets are a true part of some families and we will treat them as such. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip to Williamsburg.

Been to Days Inn Colonial Williamsburg/Downtown Area? Share your experiences!