“A great place to stay for the family in an upmarket setting.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Caribbean
“A great place to stay for the family in an upmarket setting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

We stayed just short of two weeks commencing in the middle of August 09 (2 adults, 2 kids). We had a 2 bedroom villa that was in excellent condition, quite modern, clean and very spacious. Prior to check in some reviews noted that the rooms were dated and in need of renovation. This was definitely not the case. The amenities on site are great for both adults and kids. The free wireless internet connection in the room is somewhat slow, but was still invaluable in allowing me to keep abreast of my work. The staff at the resort were very friendly and the concierge staff member we dealt with on several occassions was very knowledgeable in recommending dining and shopping options, and in helping overall to plan our stay. The resort is loacted near the attractions and shopping centres (10 - 15 minutes away). It is advisable that you purchase the bounce ticket which is the best value for the money covering Busch Gardens, Water Country and Colonial Williamsburg over a consecutive 7 day period. You should definitely purchase the meal plans online for the theme parks as you save tremendously. Trappers Smokehouse at Busch Gardens is good for dining. You must definitely try the seafood buffet at Captain Georges.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

When we got there, I knew we picked the right hotel. Every two years, my family takes a vacation to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. We stop in Virginia on the way there to visit my aunt who lives in Hampton, and Busch Gardens.The plan of this hotel was that guest rooms and 1 bedroom suites were on one side of the esort complex, near the bigger of the three pools and the tennis and SportCourts. The other part is the two bedroom villas. These buldings are called manors, and they only have like 16 rooms each.
Our room was very spacious, being a two bedroom villa. It overlooked the fabulous golf course at Ford's Colony which was nice, it had a full washer and dryer, and a full sized kitchen. Iwas getting nervous beforehand because I had heard that the rooms were kind of run down. They were NOT. they were updated, but the one bathroom had old tile, but that did not bother us.
Our building was close to the pool and clubhouse. This resort was definitely affordable, mostly because we shared the cost with another family who shared a room with us. The hotel was in very close proximity to Bush Gardens, and we will definitely be going back if we are in the area

Pittsburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

I stayed in the two bedroom suite. Very nice, but least favorite hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. Let me explain...

Check in time is 4:00PM - an hour later than most.

Check out time is 10:00AM. I have never in my life seen that. Most places are at least 11:00AM.

No shampoo or conditionare.

Coffee maker and Coffee but no filters.

Used water bottles in refridgerator

Fireplace advertised in description but did not work

Decorotive bowl on kitchen table broken

No pens or paper. I have never seen this before either. You're on vacation and sometimes need to write things down for attractions. Nothing.

The whirlpool bath didn't work. The jets were broken and pointed straight up.

The TV is off to the side and can't easily be seen. No flat panels, they are old CRTs

The have LOTS of towels.

The whole place is just cold - not temperature wise, but just the feel. It's like staying at a business. It is not romantic at all.

The check in staff was cold and uncaring. Like they were tired of customers.

Free apples at check in.

Guests were snobby - (and I consider myself upper class, I have a Porsche 911 Targa)

All in all it was just a very bland place. For the price (make sure you add $30 a day to the room for taxes and stuff) it stunk.

It's pretty close (about 15-20 minutes) to Historic Williamsburg.

Make sure you call them for their address if using a GPS. The address they list wont get you there. You'll dead end at a security gate with no-way in.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony is fabulous! Our villa was shiny, new and clean as can be. Yet it reflected the traditional flavor of Williamsburg right down to the quant working fireplace. There are two outdoor pools and one indoor so you’re covered for swimming. The Jacuzzi is hot with power jets that made my sore back very happy. Not enough? Try basketball, tennis or the two work-out centers on the property.

My eight year old loved it. The wife misses it and my golf game went up a notch at the mega-course attached to the property.

One complaint is lack of staff. While the employees were a pleasure to deal with, the concierge and spa closed at 5:00 pm—just when we needed them the most.

This family from New York says “Yea!” to the Vacation Club at Ford’s Colony.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Somerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed here on our recent trip from 8/30-9/6 and liked it very much. I have to say we weren't the hotel all that much and didn't have a chance to partake in any of the planned activities. There is just so much to do in Williamsburg that our hotel was more of just a home base for us. We did get to use the pool on our last day. Everyone we encountered at the resort was very nice. Our rooms were great. We had traded our time share for a 2 bedroom villa. It was big, had everything we needed and was clean. If you're a golfer, and you own with the Marriott time share properties,6 rounds of golf come free with your stay. The hotel is situated in a residential community with a country club. On property there are 2 outdoor pools and one indoor. There are also tennis courts, basketball courts, barbeques. It was very quiet at our resort, but most people seemed to be out and about most of the time. It doesn't have as many children activities as the old Marriott Horizon lines did, but they did have some planned.

Over all we felt it was a great choice for us.

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

The room was excellent. We had the 2 bedroom with full kitchen. Room was in fine shape. Outdoor Pool is adequate. A bit hard to find hotel with GPS as you drive in as many of the entrances are for full time residents and not the timeshare unit we were in. I don't golf but they do have a full course there to use. TV was fair, sets could have been much better. The facility is nice although the surrounding area is rater depressed. We did the Williamsburg deal for most of the week we were there. It is OK. Kind of a once and done vacation spot in my opinion. I'll say it looked a lot better than some of the other heotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Kailua, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

My husband, children (13 & 10 yrs.) and I stayed at the Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford’s Colony for 7 nights in a 2-bedroom Villa in July 09. The location was convenient to all of the Williamsburg attractions to include: Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, and Busch Gardens.
The Villa was very spacious, clean, and comfortable, though, I thought the bed pillows were a little overstuffed, which made my neck stiff every morning. There were also a few maintenance issues; specifically, the kitchen sink leaked, the closet door knob in one of the bedrooms was broken, and a tile by the shower door came completely off. We reported it and the maintenance guy fixed the pipe and the door knob by the next day. The tile didn’t fall off until near the end of our stay, so we didn’t see that repaired.
The maid service was O.K., but could have been better. For example, one of my children slept on the pull-out couch in the living room. The first day, the house cleaning didn’t really make it up, the sheets were merely pulled up. The second day, the entire bed was put away forcing us to pull-it out and re-make it after a long day and evening at Colonial Williamsburg. That night, I called and asked the front desk to tell house cleaning to please leave the pull-out couch out and made. I didn’t have to do that at any other place we stayed at. Additionally, the house cleaning personnel didn’t always leave us a packet of regular coffee. The first two days we got coffee. The next two days, we didn’t; and the last two days, we did.
The kitchen was very nice with marble counter tops and a flat top stove. There were ample accessories to make and serve a meal. We bought food at a nearby supermarket and enjoyed a nice breakfast in our Villa every morning. We even made dinner there the first night we arrived.
The “Manor” had 3 pools and an arcade room. We didn’t have time to enjoy the arcade, but we swam in 2 of the 3 pools. The pools were heated, open until 10 PM, and very nice.
They also offered complimentary evening events, but, again, we didn’t have the time to partake in them. We were usually enjoying an evening event in Colonial Williamsburg or at Busch Gardens.
Overall, Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford’s Colony is a lovely place with nice Villas. For the level of accommodations, I give it a 4.5/5.0. If not for the few things mentioned above, I would have given it a 5.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony? Share your experiences!