My husband and I traded our time share for a week at this beautiful, well cared for resort just north of Williamsburg, Virginia. Its setting in the middle of the Ford Colony area is very quiet and tranquil. The condo-style units are housed in 3 storey brick buildings split into two sections. We chose a 2-bedroom unit in the Jefferson House which is a renovated older section. The rooms are very spacious (we have never been in such a roomy unit) and well appointed with virtually everything needed for the week including a full-sized washer and dryer. I have heard that the newer buildings across the road (in the "sequel" area) are not as roomy, but we did not see any of those. There are two outdoor pools with hot tubs, one indoor pool with hot tub, a weight room and a gym as well as a spa. The only negative thing we found was the "Marketplace" which was very poorly stocked. Perhaps this was due to the time of year (early October), although I would think the autumn would be a preferred time to travel for many, especially those without children. They will print out a trail map for you at reception (excellent staff here) showing 3, 4 or 5 mile trails throughout the Ford Colony area. We walked the 3 and 4 mile trails several times and found them very pleasant as they passed by ponds, a lake, the golf courses and beautiful housing areas.
There is shopping nearby but not within walking distance and Richmond Road (rte 60) has many restaurants to choose from. Colonial Williamsburg is well worth devoting a day to, but we were disappointed due to not being able to visit Jamestown or drive the scenic Colonial Parkway because of the US government closures last week.
I would certainly recommend this resort but due to the distance from our west coast home, I doubt that I would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Villas set in Ford's Colony community; minutes away from Williamsburg, Busch Gardens & Water County USA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Manor Club At Ford`s Colony Hotel Williamsburg
- Marriotts Manor Hotel
- Marriott Vacation Club Williamsburg
- Marriott Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Marriott
- Marriotts Manor Club Fords Colony