“You can't ever go wrong chosing this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Wentzville, Missouri
“You can't ever go wrong chosing this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I'm a Marriott Vacation owner and stay at a vareity of their vacation clubs and hotels around the country. This is probably my favorite vacation club location. The facility is scerene, relaxing, peaceful, and quiet. The place is lovely! The landscaping is outstanding. I love to just walk around the grounds and look at all the flowers! The location right by the golf course is awesome, and the walking paths in Fords Colony are great.

There are two areas to this resort. I prefer the side where Registration is. The part across the street is nice, but probably geared more for families. If you have a family with kids, you will want the units across the street where the larger pool and outdoor activities area.

They have a variety of meet and greet activities. Do not miss the "orientation to Williamsburg" session or the "wine and cheese" reception!

The unit decor is of the colonial period - which is what Williamsburg is all about! Those who say the units are outdates obviously don't know what Williamsburg is all about. Marriott-quality furnishings that fit the geographical area are what is present in the units.

Everyone is friendly. If you read about someone who is not - that is probably a reflection of the person writing the review. Marriott has high expectations for employees. I've never, ever had a bad experience with a Marriott employee at any resort or hotel.

Marriott is the best! Stay here - you won't go wrong!

Room Tip: Marriott Vacation Club Owners get the best villa locations. But don't be sad - all villas and v...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I read the review about the employee theft, and I believe every last word of it. Unfortunately, I had already booked and had things planned out when I read it. I considered cancelling, but I didn't. Instead I declined to have any maid service throughout our visit, and I checked the room like a mad woman before leaving. Then I checked one more time just to make sure we had all of our items. So I started off, and ended with a bad taste in my mouth.

THE GOOD

The location is nice.
The property is clean.
The suite was luxurious.
There are multiple pools and a decent amount of activities.
If you just wanted to come on property and relax without leaving- you could. (As long as you were in one of the suites with a full kitchen and you know what RELAXING means)
Everyone was very friendly. The staff members were great.

THE BAD
The walls are paper thin and you can clearly hear the conversations of people next door.
You can hear people walking above you.
The marketplace is very overpriced. Hotel marketplaces tend to have a premium but this took premium to a premium.

THE UGLY
The theft review left a bad taste in my mouth.

THE ODD
They seem to have communication issues between departments. Even though I requested no housekeeping, I kept getting calls each day from housekeeping saying there was a do not disturb sign on the door, so they couldn't service the room. If I would not have put the sign on the door, would they have still serviced it?

Also, I called the hotel twice (the week before, and the week of) my reservation to make sure that we would have the same room. (I had to make 2 reservations for our one stay). When I got there, I asked again "so we will be in the same room, correct?" They told me yes. When I went to check in and check out again- we were not assigned the same room. They fixed it without issue, and I appreciate it. But there seems to be communication issues.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a very nice place, similar to other Marriott time share places we've used. We're really undecided about the location, I guess it depends on what you're after. It's at the end of a residential golf community, so it's beautiful and non commercial. That also means that it's about 25 minutes to Colonial Williamsburg and a bit further to Busch Gardens. Probably 15 minutes to go out to dinner.

But if you're focused on golf, the location is great, with direct access to the course.

Movie night was fun on a rainy evening, about 20 very nice seats in their mini theater, but it was comfortable and the kids enjoyed it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed one week on a timeshare exchange. No villas were available for exchange at the time of booking so we had to settle for a guest room. Check in was a breeze. The room (1 king, 1 sofa bed) was smaller than expected: almost no additional free space. There was a small kitchen sink, microwave, no stove but a full set of dishes and cutlery. I had read that wifi was not free in the guest rooms but they have corrected that. It is now free throughout the resort. The bed was soo comfortable, the sofabed not quite. Bathroom was pretty big. There are washers and dryers available for free in the first floor and facilities for barbecue cooking outside. They also have a small mini market in the reception building which I did not use so i can not comment on it. The administration organizes daily activities in which guests are encouraged to participate, We did not join because we had our own plans for every day, going to surrounding places: Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Norfolk, Virginia Beach and to the Premiun Outlet Mall, worth paying a visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on MLK weekend and then again on President's weekend. We are Marriott timeshare owners and had some extra points to spend. On MLK weekend, the indoor hot tub was so dirty the water was brown. My husband that is in the Army refused to get in it. It was completely disgusting. It should immediately have been drained and cleaned. When we asked what was going on at the front desk; they began with a third party is handling the maintenance of the pool area and they are not available due to the holiday. Well, I guess the should have called the GM to clean it himself because I have never seen anything so appalling at a Marriott property.

We had already booked President's weekend and didn't feel like changing our plans, so we endured a second weekend. Both times we stayed at the buildings across the street that are under limited renovations. We were staying in a guest room. I decided to use the guest laundry. I checked on the laundry and two maintenance people are cleaning up a flood in a newly renovated building. They starred at me like I broke the building. Well if their equipment was not working, they should have indicated this somehow. Since my laundry was sopping wet (heavy), I asked to use the guest laundry in a different building. They said fine, so I walked through the flood to get to my laundry. Then, I trotted to a building that was closed due to renovations. Meanwhile water is dripping down my back in 30 degree weather. I finally made it to the other building with a wet derriere. Yet, there was a golf cart outside the original building. The front desk was nice enough to change our room to the building with the working guest laundry. However, we later discovered that our heat wasn't working. When we turned on the heat, the air conditioning actually came on. A nicer maintenance person showed up to fix the heat about 9pm and we had functional heat around midnight. We will not go back to this property. We have always had excellent experiences at Marriott Resorts (owners for 8 years), so this was very disappointing. This is a poorly managed property. A bad experience, we can forgive. However, two within a month. There is just no excuse.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Marriott's Manor Club. This is not typical of the guest experience at our resort so we would appreciate an opportunity to hear about your concerns and appropriately address them. Please contact us at customer.care@vacationclub.com or at 800 860 9384. We look forward to hearing from you.
Glenside, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

After looking at the other hotels in the area we chose this one because of the price. The first night was $189 and the rest of the nights $129 for 4 nights total. Other hotels in the area were running about the same or higher depending on where they were in Williamsburg.

When we checked in, we were given our one-bedroom suite over in Federal Commons. We were a bit skeptical about being in the farthest set of villas but it worked out. It was very quiet over on that side of the resort. We were on the third floor with our villa porch looking out on trees. We rarely heard any traffic noise from the road on the other side of the trees.

With us being so far away from the main part of the resort, we didn't get a chance to use any of the amenities in that part. The pool area near our villa stayed busy but it was not overly crowded. The only downfall was parking was at a premium to our area. A few mornings, we saw people parked along the curbs so I am sure when the resort is really full its tough to find parking.

The villa itself was very nice with a full kitchen, dining table for 6, living room, jacuzzi tub and large bathroom with shower. The fireplace was still working considering it stated in the book it would be turned off in April. Two nice sized flat screen TV's, dvd player in the bedroom and blu-ray in the living room.

The location of the resort is pretty much right in the middle of a subdivision and country club so you do drive through those to get in. Not very far away is Richmond Rd. which has all of the stores, restaurants etc on it. Also, its close to a Food Lion supermarket (Richmond Rd and Olde Towne Rd) so food shopping is not an issue.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay there and definitely will consider this resort on our next trip to Williamsburg.

Room Tip: If you want to take advantage of the amenities in the main part of the resort, try to stay on that s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlottes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We spent two night here with our young children in early June. The one bedroom suite was wonderful. It felt like a luxury condo. It had a full kitchen with granite counter tops and stainless steal appliances (including a dishwasher, microwave, stove and oven). The unit came fully stocked with dishes, silverware, blender, toaster, coffee maker, dish detergent, laundry detergent, coffee, etc. The unit also contained a washer and dryer, which was a nice surprise. The bathroom contained a nice shower and there was also a huge soaking tub in the master bedroom. Our unit had a large screened in porch that overlooked a playground and outdoor pool. We did not get a chance to use any of the pools, but they all appeared to be well maintained. The outdoor pool near our unit had a spray park area for young children. Tennis courts, golf, basketball and other activities were available.

We definitely want to stay here again for our next trip to Williamsburg. The only negative might be location. Ford's Colony is a beautiful area, but it is about 10 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg and 15 minutes from Busch Gardens.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children, ask for a room in the Jamestown building overlooking the playgro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony? Share your experiences!