“Lovely property--TINY indoor pool” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
East Coast, Usa
“Lovely property--TINY indoor pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is a gorgeous property. During the winter, however, be warned that the indoor pool,
the only one open, is TINY. For a vacation club with this many units, it is surprising to
have such a small pool and exercise room. The 1 bedroom units were generous, however, and we used the 2 person jacuzzi. Super TV and fireplace. I'll definitely return,
and get a day membership at the Y!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Alexandria VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I had an IntervalWorld accomodation certificate to use by March 1, so I chose the Manor Club for Jan 1-8 even though I didn't expect to spend the whole week, since it was only 2+ hours driving distance and I didn't want to use a week of vacation time. I thought I'd check it out for future visits. It's about 8 miles from the historic district, 4 miles from the outlet shopping center, located in a very upscale residential community next to a golf course. Asphalt paved jogging/biking trails parallel the quite roads for routes from 2-6+ miles, a big plus for runners like me! Small indoor fitness center with weight room, cardio equipment and indoor pool. Outdoor pools (close in January, of course) and tennis, shuffle board, and basketball courts. I had a two-bedroom suite, with king beds in both the master bedroom and lockup efficiency. Full kitchen, dining room table for six, flat screen TVs in all rooms, fireplace in living room, patio/balcony. Nicely furnished, beds very comfortable. I ended only staying one night because I saw everything I wanted to see in Wiliamsburg the day after arrival, and with the forecast for very cold weather the rest of the week, didn't feel like driving down to the beach area. This is a great location for visiting the historic areas, Busch Gardens, etc. Many restaurants within 10 miles, and the onsite Marketplace has a decent deli/hot meal menu. I didn't take advantage of activities like free winetasting, barbeque night (for $9), but it seems there are a variety available for the non-golfers. Staff was friendly. I will definitely stay again the future, since I'm a Marriott timeshare owner.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Midland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed here for the Christmas Holiday and ventured to historic Williamsburg to spend time with the family. It is an easy 20-minute drive from the Manor to the Williamsburg Inn, where we parked. The room was an exchange unit from a lock off trade of our Cancun villa. We were surprised at the size and comfort of this unit. Flat screen TV's in each room, fireplace, granite counters, super-comfortable beds, jacuzzi, walk-in shower, full kitchen, etc. The only thing not included, was daily maid service, which could be had for an extra fee. Still, our requests for extra coffee filters were met promptly. Garbage can be taken to nearby bins. Our unit was on the middle floor of the 3-floor complex. It was quiet, and VERY relaxing. We did not partake of the amenities, like the pool, spa, or exercise room. The Manor is located in a swanky district with beautiful homes and golf courses lining the roads. It was well-occupied, even at this time of year. We would gladly stay here again if we return to this area.

Room Tip: The grounds are sprawling, and our unit was a good walk from the main desk, store, pool, spa. You ma...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

If you are looking for a beautiful resort with lots of fun activities and beautiful grounds, look no further. I have stayed at over ten resorts and hotels in the Williamsburg area and this is by far on the top od the list. The resort is located a oriole further from Colonial Williamsburg but the area and walking trails are worth the five minute extra ride. The two bedroom two bath unit is very spacious. We enjoyed baking cookies, doing our Christmas cards and of course all the great holiday shopping deals. The lights on the houses coming in were a treat each night as we went out.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
birmingha Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I exchanged my timeshare for a week at this resort .My anniversary was on thanksgiving and we had no problem getting a week at this resort. I own a 2br in orlando and thought i would be getting a 2br here but once we checked in i realized that we was given a room by the amount of people i said was staying which was two so instead of staying in a condo we was put in what i consider a large hotel room . The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean , We had a small fridge ,microwave and sink but no stove. The bathroom was nice. We had a small table with two chairs and sofa bed and free wireless internet. We ate out every day because therewasn't a restuarant on site. The staff was very nice and i found nice places to tour and virginia beach is about 45 minutes away, They have two outlet malls about 5 minutes away.They did have free washer and dryers . I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
union,nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I can't give this property only 5 stars!! It is magnificent!! We had a two bedroom, two bath unit(timeshare) that we shared with friends. The unit was immaculate and very well appointed. This was quite possibly one of the best timeshare trades we've ever made. Although it was a distance from Colonial Williamsburg, it was an easy drive and well worth it! Kudos to Marriott. We've found that, in most cases, we can not go wrong with a Marriott property.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Charlotte, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

We only stayed one night at this resort. It is in a difficult to find location down what appears to be a residential area. The resort was very attractive and upscale. Our room was a standard hotel room. It was long and narrow but had the comfy king bed, a balcony, wet bar area, and high ceilings. I would have given it a higher score but the bathroom was missing both hair conditioner and lotion which I needed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony? Share your experiences!