“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Gainesville, Virginia
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

You can't beat the combination of location and price. This hotel is 5 minutes from Colonial Willamsburg and 10 minutes from Busch Gardens. There are tons of hotels in the area, but this was the least expensive and still decent option. The free breakfast is pretty standard, but hey it's free. The breakfast room was too crowded though. The hotel was clean and the furniture, TV, and bedding were relatively new. My only complaint is that the beds were not the most comfortable. However, overall I enjoyed my stay there and would recommend this hotel for the convenient location, affordability, and value.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Am a native of Williamsburg, now living in FL, and go back home every December. Stayed my last night of my trip at this motel.....have stayed there many times before. For the price, I have no complaints......all we basically need is a clean bathroom and clean bed. Will continue to stay at this motel on future trips. Not the Waldorf, not even close, but good quality for the money I paid!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This review will be short and sweet. We are budget-conscious travelers and have stayed in many Sleep Inns. We have never been disappointed and have returned to every one that we stayed in. This one is no exception. The property was clean and well-maintained, the breakfast assortment a bit more varied than usual and the service was friendly. The Internet worked fine and the price was definitely right. :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lottsburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

One cannot find a better deal close to colonial Williamsburg. We have tried them all and if you want to close to CW and also convient to shopping this place cannot be beat. We have been coming to the area every monththe for the past four years and no better deal can be found.

• Stayed November 2013
rahway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

You get what you pay for and I think sometimes ( not always) people are a little unfair and to critical . The room had everything what we needed for our 4 night stay. Plain, simple and space saving . A fridge , coffee maker, micro, ironing board, good beds, clean, and a much better breakfast ad we thought. The pool stays open late and the staff is friendly and helpful. Yes a little wear and tear is to see,but nothing out of the ordinary . I was missing a room safe , but that's probably because I am from New York and have the feeling it is a necessary. In the refill of coffee in the rooms they could be better but otherwise absolutely no complaints . We would defiantly go back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sanford, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel 3 or 4 times now and in the past it was better than it is now. In fact I've reviewed this hotel here on TA before and gave it a favorable rating. No more. The moment I waled into the lobby I noticed the carpet around the check-in desk was literally duct-taped to the floor. While I appreciate that they don't want anyone tripping over loose carpeting FIX THE CARPET. Duct tape? Really?

I should also mention that there was a problem with the door lock. I noticed that when you let the door close it didn't completely close and lock like everyone has come to expect from EVERY hotel door. OK I thought - not that big of a deal. I turned the handle and closed the door. However, next morning when I go to leave for the day I found out what the issue really was - and that was the latch was such that it would NOT close from the outside. In order to lock the door I had to put my key in the door and unlock it and then turn the handle and pull it shut. Terrible.

My morning was not made any better when I went down to the lobby to get some coffee. Now I don't expect premium coffee for free from hotel lobbies. But that stuff that was in my cup was undrinkable. I poured the entire thing out after a couple of sips.

My family and I love going to Williamsburg and we will go again. But the next time we go we won't be staying in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ponte Vedra, Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Clean and Comfortable. The manager, Peter Vora, saved a video binder ( for 2 months) that I had left behind in the room. It has over 50 priceless family DVD's. He is sending it to me in Florida. I only pay the FedEx charge. That's GREAT service.
The Sleep Inn is a great way to enjoy Williamsburg.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!