“Value and style in williamsburg” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Value and style in williamsburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I spent several days this past August at this hotel,while on business. We found the room,and all of the facilities,including the pool and breakfast area clean and extremely user friendly. Peter and all his staff r of the highest quality of professionalism. We r returning to Williamsburg,soon,and will definately stay at the Sleep Inn,on the Bypass.

Room Tip: the room with a king bed close to the elevator on the third floor is what we prefer.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pikeville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

It is about 2 miles to Colonial Williamsburg and about 8-9 miles to Busch Gardens from this property. We were not in the rooms much except to sleep and shower but they are average Sleep Inn rooms with comfy beds. They were doing some remodeling on the first floor already so that will be nice as the rooms were a little bit dated but still very clean and cozy and the indoor pool area was nice with the fitness center just off to the side of it. We will most likely stay here again next time we are in Williamsburg.

• Stayed August 2013
Elkridge,MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

they are updating the hotel so maybe this will change some things. First, the indoor 'heated' pool was cold. Our room was clean but needs some touching up - the pocket to the door to the bathroom was hard to close for an adult, for kids almost impossible. The cover to the air conditioner unit was busted up, and the roll away bed was pretty shabby but only $10 a night. On the plus side, it was quiet, convenient to restaurants, and breakfast was free.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We just arrived home from a trip to water country and we chose this hotel because of location, price, pool, and as silly as it sounds the breakfast. When we travel we look for hotels that have a decent breakfast.. we have 2 boys (9 and 11) so it saves us a HUGE amount of money to eat breakfast at the hotel.
The front staff was very friendly, kids loved pool, room was perfect even had a fridge and microwave. The bathroom door was one that actually slides into wall and kids thought that was so neat. As I said earlier, good breakfast (cereal, eggs, waffles, muffins, yogurt etc)..
Few small complaints.. coffee maker in room was kinda crappy didnt work correctly, 2 dryers in laundry room only ond worked and other one didnt dry correctly.. but besides that no other complaints. This is a perfect hotel for families.

• Stayed August 2013
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Tonight I called the hotel because my wife sprained her ankle severely yesterday and we knew we weren't going to be able to visit Williamsburg and do all the walking required in the historic area. I checked my email reservation and it said I was past the cancellation deadline. I called the hotel directly and spoke to Katina at the desk. She was so understanding of our circumstances and cancelled the reservation even without a penalty. That is real professionalism and I promised Katina our next Williamsburg visit will definitely be at the Sleep Inn. I look forward to seeing this hotel and if the rest of the staff is like Katina I'm sure we will have a great stay. Thanks Katina.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed two nights @ the Sleep Inn in Willamsburg,Va. with no complaints. If you are looking to save on a hotel, this one is a no frills, but clean and nice staff. Pool stayed open until 11pm, so our late arrival allowed us some pool time. Breakfast was ok, nothing fancy, but will fill you up before you visit in the area. Bagels, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, some sausage patties and egg rounds and make your own waffles. The room was clean, and as said in previous reviews, the bathroom pocket door was heavy and difficult to close. This will save you some cash, but do not expect the Ritz.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Matawan, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel was the location. It is within 10 minutes from attractions and many restaurants. But then again, so are about 20 other hotels in the area and perhaps my stay would have been much better at one of those hotels. Where do I start? When I first got to my room, I noticed immediately the ancient AC unit which had the cover hanging off it. It stayed that way my entire stay. My phone was not working and the room was very small. I had a double queen for me and my son. I wouldn't recommend for a family of 3 or more. There were only 3 drawers. The bathroom has a heavy pocket door and mine had no handle to properly close it. I had to go down to the front desk (since my phone didn't work) and ask the front desk about it. She had to come up and struggle a bit to pull open. She told me to not push it all the way back.. How about having a proper door to begin with? What's more, there was no working lock. The carpet wasn't vacuumed well. I found bottle caps and hair bands around. The TV for whatever reason kept turning off. Both me and my son found the mattresses adequate. The desk staff didn't acknowledge me when I entered the hotel on any day. I was on 3rd floor (top). There are no ice machines on the floor. On my last day, I decided to use the laundry. I had to go downstairs to get change and when I tried to purchase detergent, nothing came out. I went back to front desk to ask about it and was told they must be out. He didn't have the key to get any and suggested I go next door to Comfort Inn to get some. I'm sorry, was I staying at the Comfort Inn? What kind of desk attendant doesn't have access to items guests may need? I was so over that hotel. I will definitely not be back. I don't look to spend a fortune on hotels on simple vacations but basic amenities should be met.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family