“Great location, Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Williamsburg Hospitality House
415 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185-3536   |
Ranked #46 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great location, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here on a prior visit and find it second to none for location and value. There are certainly places with far more upscale accommodations but none with the charm, price and location. We will continue to come to Hospitality House when we come to Williamsburg.

• Stayed February 2013
gminva, General Manager at Williamsburg Hospitality House, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Dana4656,
Thank you for being our guest. We'll hope to see you again in the not-too-distant future!

Steve Dees

321 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was a mixed bag, positive for the most part, but a few surprises that I could have done without. First, the positive. The restaurant was outstanding--both food and service. The lobby is very attractive. The rooms are large. The hotel is certainly conveniently located near Willam and Mary and the Colonial District. We could walk everywhere we wanted to go. There is plenty of free parking (just remember which deck you park in, though!) The in-room coffee was good, too!

Now a couple of downers. First, the pillows. One was so lumpy it hardly looked like a pillow. When I asked for a new one, housekeeping responded immediately. Good service. Second, there was a very nasty stain on the bedskirt. YUK. I don't even want to speculate what it was. Finally, the sheets were old and the elastic was shot in the fitted bottom sheet.

Yes, the hotel could use a makeover, but for the price, I'd go back. The service and the location make this a good choice.

Room Tip: The "terrace view" rooms look out on a concrete floor with a couple of fake plants. Not ve...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel was clean & quiet. If you are there on business at College of William & Mary (we were)- you will be right across from campus. There is plenty within walking distance. Shopping, restaurants, and the historic area of Williamsburg.
The hotel needs to be updated but you will be comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Orinda, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was a guest in this hotel for 3 nights in room 445 until January 26, 2013. It was the only hotel I stayed in during my quick trip from California. The bed didn't have a mattress pad but instead had a thin piece of felt between the sheet and the bed that exposed a lot of the mattress. The bottom sheet wouldn't stay on the bed at night. Housekeeping did not change the sheets during the 3 night stay, but instead only asked if I needed clean towels/supplies. Anyway, I checked the top of the mattress after feeling itchy/bitten the first morning, but didn't see anything. I've since learned that bed bugs hide within and under the mattress. I now have itchy bite bumps all over my torso and have learned there can be a delayed reaction to the bites for as long as 9 days. There are more today than yesterday. This is my first Tripadvisor review and regrettably, my first experience with bed bugs. I've contacted hotel management, left a message about the issue and haven't yet heard back, but hope they will call back as a courtesy.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
gminva, General Manager at Williamsburg Hospitality House, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear SuzQOrinda_CA,

Thank you for your comments. My Front Office Director, Ira, was in receipt of your message yesterday morning and left a voicemail for you in return. He is going to try again later this morning to reach you directly.
As of now, we didn't see any telltale signs of an infestation. We are awaiting our pest control company to come in and re-inspect. I would encourage you, as well as future guests, to alert a hotel during your stay should you suspect anything is afoot. While it is great to have that information, we would like to help while you are still with us.
I do apologize for the situation and thank you again for the feedback. Once we know more, you will hear from us again.

Yours truly,

Steve Dees
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel could use an update in the rooms. The staff were very hospitable and all of the entry and lobby features are nice and refined.

The room I was given had a door to adjoin another room. A woman was talking somewhat loudly on the phone in the next room. The walls seemed pretty thin as well as the door, so I could hear everything and couldn't get to sleep (even over the sound of a "white noise" machine). I called the front desk and they quickly gave me another room, which was nice. Had a good sleep after that.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Milford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I have been here before, with another couple. This time we were by our self. The hotel has a good restaurant and everyone is very friendly. It's located by William & Mary College. Good location to many restaurants, shopping and attractions. It's close to our son & family so it was easy to see them. We would stay here again when we come to visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bethany Beach, DE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is one big hotel. Their corridors go on and on. They offer great rates and free parking. The staff is friendly but I have found most Virginians to be really friendly people. The rooms are a nice size but a bit dated. I would definitely stay here again. It was quiet at night too, but I don't think the hotel was that booked. It's about a 3 block walk to old town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Williamsburg Hospitality House? Share your experiences!